Allan Saint-Maximin

Anorthernsoul

players get injured. shit happens. if you can average 30ish games a season you're doing alright, particularly next season when we're playing four tournaments. 

• Like 1

Anthony Gordon is ASM’s replacement, because we’re now a professionallly run recruitment outfit he’s had time to bed in before the player he’s replacing leaves. 

We’re going to sign an attacker with a bigger goal threat with the money we get for ASM . Injuries and being too much of an individual have done for him. Which is a  shame, he’s a great player to watch and has had some brilliant games for us :cuppa: 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

missing 12 games due to injury isn’t that bad if you play the rest of them. 

It is if you take about 3 matches to get up to speed on top of that. He might be alright for now, but if we continue to progress as planned the squad places become more precious if you’re competing on more fronts. 
Also you’re not seriously suggesting that if he’s been out for 4 or 5 games Howe will stick him straight back in the starting XI are you? Because we know that’s not likely so it makes the point moot about him playing the c. 75% of matches he was / might be available for 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

It is if you take about 3 matches to get up to speed on top of that. He might be alright for now, but if we continue to progress as planned the squad places become more precious if you’re competing on more fronts. 
Also you’re not seriously suggesting that if he’s been out for 4 or 5 games Howe will stick him straight back in the starting XI are you? Because we know that’s not likely so it makes the point moot about him playing the c. 75% of matches he was / might be available for 

no, i'm saying if you play around 30 games a season then you've done alright. maxi managed 25 this season, fewer than you'd hope for and ten fewer than the previous season and he missed them for the reasons already discussed

8 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

No - how many did he score in that time, remind me?

11 goals contributions: 10 goals 1 assist from 1522 minutes played

Maxi managed 6 goal contributions: 1 goal and 5 assists from 1120 minutes played. 

Not in the same league is Isak, obviously, but not bad at all for such limited game time. 

The problem with maxi this season, for me, hasn't been his end product or a lack of effort to adapt his game. It's been his lack of minutes on the pitch, which is due to a combination of his injuries and the manager not trusting him at certain moments, or not wanting to rush him back because of the intense pressing style we play.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

If ASM going means someone like Szoboszlai comes in, then I'll help him pack, to be honest. I love watching ASM and he'd be a great player for cup runs, weaker PL opposition, an impact from the bench but... he's one of (if not) the most saleable/least integral players we've got. 

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

no, i'm saying if you play around 30 games a season then you've done alright. maxi managed 25 this season, fewer than you'd hope for and ten fewer than the previous season and he missed them for the reasons already discussed

That’s a pretty generous way of portraying 12 league starts (and 14 starts in all competitions). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

That’s a pretty generous way of portraying 12 league starts (and 14 starts in all competitions). 

why? i already said he missed loads more minutes compared to previous seasons. it was his poorest for us in terms of minutes on the pitch. but when he was picked, he did alright. 

29 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If ASM going means someone like Szoboszlai comes in, then I'll help him pack, to be honest. I love watching ASM and he'd be a great player for cup runs, weaker PL opposition, an impact from the bench but... he's one of (if not) the most saleable/least integral players we've got. 

image.gif.5d808132d7a5cf2f5ce24bbefdd4c2ba.gif

This is a far cry from Romanticist Dave. Love to see it.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

isak played 25 games - did he have a bad season? 

Isak doesn't have a history of missing 1/3 of the season injured, ASM does. That's the obvious difference you're failing to grasp.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

why? i already said he missed loads more minutes compared to previous seasons. 

That's completely incorrect as I have previously shown you. Typical fucking journalist.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

That's completely incorrect as I have previously shown you. Typical fucking journalist.

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

it's a fact. 1,120 minutes played is 440 fewer minutes than ASM's previous worst over a season for us

1007860775_Screenshot2023-06-06at11_35_23.thumb.png.4564a98666a83d20ced68c0f4f0b58d3.png

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

image.gif.5d808132d7a5cf2f5ce24bbefdd4c2ba.gif

This is a far cry from Romanticist Dave. Love to see it.

I'm still a romantic, and if we had a squad where ASM could play a cameo role to great effect, I'd be delighted. 

Kate Winslet Movie GIF

But we don't, so he can't, so I'm not.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'm still a romantic, and if we had a squad where ASM could play a cameo role to great effect, I'd be delighted. 

Kate Winslet Movie GIF

But we don't, so he can't, so I'm not.

image.gif.5a3074b3b46c1610029ccdfca1b645a3.gif

"So you're saying there's a chance?"

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a fact. 1,120 minutes played is 440 fewer minutes than ASM's previous worst over a season for us

Minutes played is very much different to minutes missed through injury which was the topic under discussion.

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think he wants to play second fiddle to anyone, he likes being the centre of attention. And tbf to the lad he hasn't been first choice for most of the season and hasn't kicked up a fuss, it's been very unFrenchlike of him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Minutes played is very much different to minutes missed through injury which was the topic under discussion.

i'm not sure exactly what we're arguing about tbh. 

he's missed many more minutes than any other season and 10 more games than the previous season so it's a poor season for him by both measures. what i'm saying is he's performed pretty well when he has played. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm not sure exactly what we're arguing about tbh. 

he's missed many more minutes than any other season and 10 more games than the previous season so it's a poor season for him by both measures. what i'm saying is he's performed pretty well when he has played. 

You miss minutes by being injured, not when the manager doesn't pick you.

And I don't think he's played particularly well this season. He was fantastic against Man City, followed that up with a goal against Wolves and then missed seven games with injury after which I don't think he was great.

• Like 2

yes, i understand that. and i'm still not sure what we're arguing about :lol:

i'm going to disagree about his performances though. the man city game was an outlier because he was unplayable all game. but he's passed the eye test and the stat test, for me, in most of his other appearances. his xg is on the money and his assists per 90 and shot creating actions are in the 96th and 91st percentile in Europe's top leagues 

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, i understand that. and i'm still not sure what we're arguing about :lol:

i'm going to disagree about his performances though. the man city game was an outlier because he was unplayable all game. but he's passed the eye test and the stat test, for me, in most of his other appearances. his xg is on the money and his assists per 90 and shot creating actions are in the 96th and 91st percentile in Europe's top leagues 

Stop letting these heathens get your blood pressure up fam