Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i agree. i watched most of ity and found him far more convincing than i expected. 

what i don't get is why he did it. what's his motivation? he failed to show up to the elect committee on brexit. what was it about today? pure revenge? ambition? seems unlikely as surely no future government will touch him.

has he found a moral compass after all? 

Revenge. 
It’s entirely personal and he seems to be focusing his ire on Johnson, his latest cumbucket, and Hancock. 

Got to say it’s very well done, he’s way more convincing than the Bishop Auckland presser, and even a little bit human, which is impressive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Pot being stirred :lol:

cummings implicated himself in that too, were it to happen. he was pissing around at the start of 2020 with the rest of them, ignoring the WHO's advice, till it was too late

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

cummings implicated himself in that too, were it to happen. he was pissing around at the start of 2020 with the rest of them, ignoring the WHO's advice, till it was too late

Aye. 
I think he knows , like the rest of us, the chances of it actually happening are smalller than my chances of slinging one up Salma Hayek. 

I’d enjoy either, or both, but not equally :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

she's joking, of course, but once you look past the twitter outrage, i'd be surprised if this cuts through with voters. 

Those that vote Tory have already demonstrated their “I’m not listening” approach. 
Cummings will simply be portrayed as a ‘traitor’ and the press will print some fucking garbage distraction about James Hewitt’s lad and his wife and it’ll all be forgotten. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i agree. i watched most of it and found him far more convincing than i expected. 

what i don't get is why he did it. what's his motivation? he failed to show up to the select committee on brexit. what was it about today? pure revenge? ambition? seems unlikely as surely no future government will touch him.

has he found a moral compass after all? 

BDE6F3AC-D752-4776-A978-84A879A4263B.gif

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

“the equivalent in deaths of a twin towers terrorist attack happening on these shores every week for a year”

Fucking hell. 

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

she's joking, of course, but once you look past the twitter outrage, i'd be surprised if this cuts through with voters. 

Corbyn would’ve been worse etc 

Cummings did this for no other reason than to stick the knife into Boris for listening to his Mrs and getting shot of him. He's a psychopath and part of the reason we are in this mess is because of his arrogance and complete refusal to just say sorry for Barnard Castle.

Rory Stewart nailed this whole thing over a year ago

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I bet there's loads of psychopath MPs mind. Patel I'd bet my life on

She'd take that bet, then your teeth for her necklace.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Cummings did this for no other reason than to stick the knife into Boris for listening to his Mrs and getting shot of him. He's a psychopath and part of the reason we are in this mess is because of his arrogance and complete refusal to just say sorry for Barnard Castle.

Rory Stewart nailed this whole thing over a year ago

Cummings motives and who he is don't invalidate what he says. For instance, I remember, and it will be recorded on this thread, that Jeremy Hunt made exactly the same points as Stewart a lot earlier, but you specifically discounted what he said because he was Jeremy Hunt. 

Ditto Corbyn - I saw a video yesterday from last March where he said the government was being complacent about the threat and the responses were "are you an epidemiologist?" and the like. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

BBC News - Covid: Biden orders intelligence report on virus origin
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57260009

Weird. And not a far right source. Thought any suggestion it wasn't from a wet market was wacist

I think the crucial point here is whether you, Trump, or anyone else had any evidence upon which to base the claim. Certainly Trump didn't or else it would have been shared. I recall you mentioned a doctor who made some kind of claim to this point but I also recall that I read the claim and found insufficient evidence to trust it.

Having lived in China I am fully, fully prepared to believe that the CCP are capable of creating a killer virus (not that I would entirely see an obvious reason as to why they might have done it), in the same way that I am fully prepared to believe they've actively committing genocide in Xinjiang, that they have a really low concern level around human rights and indeed life in general, and that they're pretty much capable of anything. I mean, I also believe this last point about our government but that's an aside.

The ultimate fundamental in all of this though, is that we need actual proof. And at the moment, neither you or Biden himself have any actual proof of this. I don't think accusing the Chinese government of these things is racist btw - it just could be baseless.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I think the crucial point here is whether you, Trump, or anyone else had any evidence upon which to base the claim. Certainly Trump didn't or else it would have been shared. I recall you mentioned a doctor who made some kind of claim to this point but I also recall that I read the claim and found insufficient evidence to trust it.

Having lived in China I am fully, fully prepared to believe that the CCP are capable of creating a killer virus (not that I would entirely see an obvious reason as to why they might have done it), in the same way that I am fully prepared to believe they've actively committing genocide in Xinjiang, that they have a really low concern level around human rights and indeed life in general, and that they're pretty much capable of anything. I mean, I also believe this last point about our government but that's an aside.

The ultimate fundamental in all of this though, is that we need actual proof. And at the moment, neither you or Biden himself have any actual proof of this. I don't think accusing the Chinese government of these things is racist btw - it just could be baseless.

To... to kill people? 

To have in their back pocket should they ever need to disrupt an enemy during a dispute?

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

To... to kill people? 

To have in their back pocket should they ever need to disrupt an enemy during a dispute?

It's not exactly set up for that though, is it? China is heavily reliant upon international trade and the impact of releasing a virus as infectious as this is more or less what we have seen. The whole world shuts down because no one can contain or control it., leading to active harm to China itself. So we can take from that, that the virus was not developed to be targeted. If this is a manmade virus, it is one that was developed with a view to infecting the entire world, not just a single enemy.

Moreover, it's kill rate isn't actually that high.

If it's manmade they get a 3.5 out of 10 from me. Poor targeting, zero control over the effects, not potent. Must do better.

Edited by Rayvin