Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah...certainly not suggesting we continue with lockdown but the way the youths were carrying on at the club last night during the football it’s not a massive surprise..we’ve got to live with the fucker now...

Did they speak loud through the bingo? 

For Javid it’ll be mainly about reestablishing himself as an important politician. Everything else will be secondary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

For Javid it’ll be mainly about reestablishing himself as an important politician. Everything else will be secondary. 

Giving the right wing press what they want is a close second.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Giving the right wing press what they want is a close second.

All part of the same thing. Popularist bollocks for personal gain. 

• Like 1

I'd like to think people with kids would wake up to the fact they're being chucked under the bus but I suppose the tory base have proven time and time again they don't give a fuck about young people or anything that affects them. 

• Like 3

The 3rd spike is well and truly here to stay. I've got a number of work colleagues with COVID and many more having to work from home as their kids are isolating.

And that's before we open up pubs, clubs, gigs and stadiums with no social distancing and masks. I imagine there will be carnage right around the time the schools are due to go back 

• Like 2

The UK testing  system/track & trace was devised for a country with no vaccine. In its present form & with the apparent plans to open up 2 weeks today it needs to be ditched. Don't know what medics would say about cutting back on testing, obviously if people test positive they isolate but maybe ditch close contact isolation unless you have symptoms?.... as KD says its out there but there's a determination from government to make lowered restrictions work.. they're setting the public up to take the blame for what happens next in any case... I expect if they had to get the tube to work with the plebs they'd think differently...

• Like 2

Aye, we've just been caught up in close contact isolation for the first time and it does seem a bit daft that we're stuck at home for another few days when we're double-jabbed, met the person in question outdoors and have had no symptoms and tested negative (as has everyone else who was around). But then I would be saying that when it affects me. :lol: I can see why they're talking about changing that side of the rules, though, even if a general free-for-all is clearly massively ill-advised.

i think they're going for herd immunity now by along it to tear through the younger, unvaccinted population because they're not going to get sick and the rest of us are protected. it's a risky strategy. i'd rather the youngsters were vaccinated too 

the vaccination rollout has been slowing in recent days. there could be a supply issue because they're not giving the AZ jab to young people 

15 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Aye, we've just been caught up in close contact isolation for the first time and it does seem a bit daft that we're stuck at home for another few days when we're double-jabbed, met the person in question outdoors and have had no symptoms and tested negative (as has everyone else who was around). But then I would be saying that when it affects me. :lol: I can see why they're talking about changing that side of the rules, though, even if a general free-for-all is clearly massively ill-advised.

It seems less worthwhile when you know loads of people won’t fucking bother whereas the likes of us will stick to the rules about isolating. 

• Like 1

What’s actually been enforced since this whole thing started? Benton Asda is like the nation in microcosm (bear with me). There’s no enforcement of mask wearing (which I wouldn’t expect people on the shop floor to do, plus anyone can claim they’re exempt). Then at least half the staff don’t wear a mask then most of the rest don’t wear one properly. There’s a kid sits at the door giving out free masks to customers who’ve forgotten one. He doesn’t wear a mask :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 4

My lass got the call at 10pm on Friday to say they were closing the bubble for her class cos of 5 positive tests. All kids self isolating, and that she, despite having tested negative all week on lateral flows, and being double jabbed, has to stop in the house until a week today. 

Went for a PCR test on Saturday, also negative, but caught in this ridiculous situation where she has to stop at home. 

You can totally understand why people are getting pissed off about it. I mean I've had to go to the post office AND to a parcel collection place ON HER BEHALF and there's still a fucking week to go. Nobody thinks of the hapless husband, do they. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

What’s actually been enforced since this whole thing started? Benton Asda is like the nation in microcosm (bear with me). There’s no enforcement of mask wearing (which I wouldn’t expect people on the shop floor to do, plus anyone can claim they’re exempt). Then at least half the staff don’t wear a mask then most of the rest don’t wear one properly. There’s a kid sits at the door giving out free masks to customers who’ve forgotten one. He doesn’t wear a mask :lol: 

I was in Boots at Kingston Park yesterday when this fucking scruffy charver sat waiting for a prescription pipes up "Heeyah mate. Is there anywhere roond heeyah I can buy like music CDs and that". 

I didn't realise at first that he didn't have a mask on, I was so taken aback by his aggressive questioning. Anyway, the answer was Tesco if anyone's ever round that way and has the same question.

He then wanted to know where the fucking giant Tesco with its own fucking postcode was located. 

• Haha 3

I think I'll pick and choose when they say we don't have to wear them any more. One of the tabloids needs to make badges for people that work in indoor establishments. One that says "Yes cunt, I would rather you wore a mask" and one that says "I couldn't give a fuck, I am over this shit". That way I'll know which way to go. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I was in Boots at Kingston Park yesterday when this fucking scruffy charver sat waiting for a prescription pipes up "Heeyah mate. Is there anywhere roond heeyah I can buy like music CDs and that". 

I didn't realise at first that he didn't have a mask on, I was so taken aback by his aggressive questioning. Anyway, the answer was Tesco if anyone's ever round that way and has the same question.

He then wanted to know where the fucking giant Tesco with its own fucking postcode was located. 

I’m shocked there’s someone else other than me living in the UK who still buys CDs

Some long covid data for our resident long covid denier. 385k people in the uk with symptoms lasting longer than 12months 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/bulletins/prevalenceofongoingsymptomsfollowingcoronaviruscovid19infectionintheuk/1july2021

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I've had a difficult weekend of it. For no apparent reason at all I've been haunted by my sister's passing. Just randomly.broke down yesterday, then decided to get pissed, and feel rough as fuck today,.which makes every thing so much worse. I've not met anybody at my job yet, probably won't for a long time. I miss the crack from my old job, miss just talking to people other than my wife. It feels like too much hassle nowadays to even meet up with mates. I feel like I'm losing touch as a result. Hope I feel better tomorrow, so many people have it worse than me. 

• Like 6