Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just you and UM. Enjoy your pint in the Labour club! :good:

Oh Fuck. Thanks for cheering me up. 

:suicide:

In all seriousness, you MF and PL seem to be mates. You're like money pyrhon,  the guys from Royston vasey, or Nev, Dennis and Oz (you're the latter :)). If you guys get together sometime, let me know, so I can make a beeline to the other part of town. 👍

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Renton said:

I'd be up for it but I think I'm the only fucker with season ticket nowadays! 

Alreet, UM. 

• Haha 2

Sage warns freedoms may only last for WEEKS amid surging Delta cases as Boris Johnson tells Britons NOT to get 'demob happy' when he relaxes (almost) all the rules in 'Big Bang' July 19 reopening.

7 weeks of the school holidays spend like buggery boost the economy. Because there's a good chance we'll be in Lockdown by September. Boris wasn't shy in stating we will probably be seeing 50k new infections a day by July 19th. Its not unrealistic to think we could be close to 150/200k new infections a day by the beginning of September. At the minute people seem to think the low hospitalisations & death rate from the virus are ok. But as we know there's a 3 week lag. What we are seeing at the moment is when new infections were roughly 6k a day. If Boris's prediction of 50k a day new infections is right. Then by early August we will be seeing hospitalisations & death rates increase by 8 times what we are seeing now. If the trend continues by the end of September beginning of October we could well be seeing those figure overrunning the NHS. Obviously that's the worst case scenario but entirely realistic. We just have to hope the vaccines work & people are sensible when everything opens back up. Just as an aside, it wouldn't surprise me if the UK new daily  infections are higher than the rest of Europe put together at the minute. Stay safe everyone.

Edited by trooper

I still can't get over how absolutely reckless it is to get rid of face masks. It's such a minor inconvenience but removing the requirement endangers so many people who have no say in it.

• Like 1

might be wrong but I get the feeling most of the ‘hard’ people are already not bothering / claiming they’re exempt anyway. This is just the latest farcical chapter in our handling of this crisis 

With potentially 50k new daily  infections, 7 weeks school holidays, predicted red hot weather beaches & parks rammed full. What could possibly go wrong. 

it's all part of the herd immunity strategy. seems pretty obvious they want the youngsters to get it now the elderly, vulnerable and middle aged are protected. it's a high risk approach

Edited by Dr Gloom

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

might be wrong but I get the feeling most of the ‘hard’ people are already not bothering / claiming they’re exempt anyway. This is just the latest farcical chapter in our handling of this crisis 

I was on the tube last Friday and as well as noting the "seat gap" rules were now being ignored compared with a month ago, of the six people sitting opposite me, 4 were rocking the mask not covering their nose look so I think there's a tendency towards non-compliance anyway. 

In general I think they've miscalculated in thinking everybody will embrace "normality" and the economy will be boosted - a lot of nervous/sensible people will simply not go into shops or bars with no masks or distancing if they feel uncomfortable and it could actually reduce footfall. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, trooper said:

With potentially 50k new daily  infections, 7 weeks school holidays, predicted red hot weather beaches & parks rammed full. What could possibly go wrong. 

As ill-advised as the government's approach is, we need to be careful not to demonise beaches, parks and other outdoor spaces, given what we've learned about transmission and ventilation in the meantime.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you the Health Secretary. 

Maybe David Icke is right after all and it’s because the virus doesn’t affect reptiles.

The stupidity if your ruling class gets more absurd every day.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

As ill-advised as the government's approach is, we need to be careful not to demonise beaches, parks and other outdoor spaces, given what we've learned about transmission and ventilation in the meantime.

Remember the police being called to Bournemouth beach last summer due to overcrowding. 

_113607315_gettyimages-1222843186.jpg