Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

All fair enough round the doors but until public transport is somehow addressed I'm going nowhere. 

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/29/social-bubbles-of-small-groups-could-be-early-step-out-of-lockdown

This sounds broadly sensible? Enforceability will be the issue, of course...

Half of my family are NHS or other frontline workers, the other half are 75+, so I can’t see this making much difference chez Fist :lol:

'So what?' - Brazil's president on death toll passing 5,000

Brazil registered a record 6,276 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday. It already has the largest number of infections in all of Latin America with 79,685 total confirmed cases and more than 5,500 deaths.

President Jair Bolsonaro has downplayed the threat posed by the virus. Asked by reporters for comment after the death toll passed the 5,000 mark on Tuesday, he said: "So what? I'm sorry. What do you want me to do?"

One of the worst affected cities has been Manaus in the Amazon. The city's mayor has said that they are preparing to hold more than 4,000 funerals in May - four times the usual number.

Fucking hell. :(

• Jaysus... 1

To be honest as I've said before I don't see the point of being tested "on spec" without symptoms. 

Now an antibody test does appeal but there not there yet. 

37 minutes ago, NJS said:

To be honest as I've said before I don't see the point of being tested "on spec" without symptoms. 

Now an antibody test does appeal but there not there yet. 

You don't see the point in accurate surveillance? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Very much so but symptoms/suspected cases have to be the starting point not just people shitting it. 

They've suggested a random 100k of home tests - that makes sense from a data pov I have to say..

I can see business and people doing what they did with the lockdown and start opening things up and taking hold of this situation as them cunts in charge don't have a fucking clue. 

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Well given 1 in 4 tests are inaccurate, and you could catch COVID the day after you take the test, I can see his point 

11 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

How nice of her.

95119162_10158340458565948_2665478634000

Who the fuck is she and why should I care?  I have been letting my GREY (fucking yanks) hair grow out for years :( 

Edited by RobinRobin
  • Haha 1

Someone I’ve never heard of not being able to get to the hairdressers is incredible. How inspiring 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, ewerk said:

0C850849-9C3D-4AF0-96EC-72CBB65E2085.gif

:lol: will he never learn? 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

Someone I’ve never heard of not being able to get to the hairdressers is incredible. How inspiring 

“ So Hilarie/Hillary however the fuck you spell it today, what will be your overriding memory of the lockdown?”

“Tatty minge”. 

• Haha 2

I see the cunts have fudged the numbers on their 100,000 target but the BBC are still leading with it.

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I see the cunts have fudged the numbers on their 100,000 target but the BBC are still leading with it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

The BBC are too busy displaying moral outrage at our potential takeover to hold the government to account 

Setting an ambitious target and almost hitting it is a good achievement, tarnished by the government’s pathetic attempt to spin it. There would have been nothing wrong with just being honest and saying we almost got there but not quite. 

• Like 1

I'm going to stress as well that when I was managing operations in my previous job, I had to make commitments to get a certain amount of product out of the door by certain points, usually up to several pallets worth of books that that had to be made within a few days. 

While i was able to judge the time needed myself at the start, it was on understanding that i wouldnt miss the deadline i gave myself. If I was a day out, I would be crucified.

People make the mistake of judging this shit as if government ministers should be held to the same standard as normal people in every day tasks. They should not. They should be held to the standards and beyond, that I was held to. Especially when they're actually weighing people's lives against what they're promising, not just company profits as I was.

I fucking hated the pressure of those orders, as I'm sure Hancock came to hate this, but... IT WAS MY FUCKING JOB.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2