Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Just had an email off Tesco saying they're bringing in a load of restrictions. 

From Thursday 19 March we will start to implement the following changes:

To ensure more people have access to everyday essentials, we are introducing a storewide restriction of only 3 items per customer on every product line, and removing multi-buy promotions.

In order to allow Tesco colleagues to focus on stocking shelves, helping to provide the essential groceries you are looking for and to avoid waste, we will close all meat, fish, deli counters and salad bars.

To be able to ensure our stores are clean, that we can replenish stock, and allow our colleagues to rest, we will change our trading hours with all stores closing at 10pm.

To ensure we are doing everything possible to reduce the risk of infection for both our customers and colleagues, we will be introducing some distancing measures at the checkout and, to make it swifter, invite customers who can, to pay by card.

To help free up slots for the more vulnerable, such as our elderly customers and those who are self-isolating, we are encouraging customers who shop online or choose Click+Collect for their grocery home shopping, to prioritise shopping in-store where possible.

To ensure our more vulnerable and elderly customers can shop in-store, we will prioritise one hour every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning between 9-10am (except in our Express stores) and ask that you respect this.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I can well imagine this lot stretching the police to breaking point even more than they already have out of incompetence tbh.

Ah same here, but the point remains th t there aren't enough. You can do it in the cities but if I leave my house in Wideopen and walk along the footpath to Weetslade, no fucker is manning that area to send me home. Unless they send in the drones and just zap me on the spot. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah same here, but the point remains th t there aren't enough. You can do it in the cities but if I leave my house in Wideopen and walk along the footpath to Weetslade, no fucker is manning that area to send me home. Unless they send in the drones and just zap me on the spot. 

:lol: Would look like the Air Force trying to intercept Godzilla as he rises from his watery tomb.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Feel dirty having clicked on that. What a load of shite. Basically inferring it’s god getting his own back but not quite having the courage to say it 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

See Tesco restrictions on products above. This will forcibly return things to normal and people will hopefully start to realise that they don't need cupboards full of everything. 

Aye, hope so. All stores need to do it. 

The one thing about restrictions on stuff.  For me, it's not an issue as there is only myself and my wife.  But there's a lad in the office who's got 4 kids and his mam live's with him.  So he shops for 7.

Glad the stores seem to be doing something about it- my old man is 85, lives alone and normally does a little shop every couple of days. 
He’s pretty stoic, lived through WWII and rationing, ( as he loves telling us :lol: ), but he’s been getting a bit anxious about the empty shelves. 
“ How many times do these nuggets need to wipe their arse in a day?” 
:lol:

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Glad the stores seem to be doing something about it- my old man is 85, lives alone and normally does a little shop every couple of days. 
He’s pretty stoic, lived through WWII and rationing, ( as he loves telling us :lol: ), but he’s been getting a bit anxious about the empty shelves. 
“ How many times do these nuggets need to wipe their arse in a day?” 
:lol:

Tell him I had kale and lentil salad for lunch so all bets are off. 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

What a load of rubbish. But she is free to die if she does want to. She is entitled to this freedom as long as she doesn’t take anyone with her who doesn’t want to die.

Good riddance tbh

• Like 1