Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Pretty much. I haven’t seen anyone else give a scientific rationale as to what they are doing.

Am I getting whooshed or is it arrogance or stupidity? Do you really think that scientists aren’t involved in other countries and their measures might be based on scientific rationale?

Jeremy Hunt just gave an interview there btw where he doubted the modelling and said he couldn't understand the lack of plans for social distancing. The world has gone mad, but I'd trust Hunt more than that snivelling turd Hancock. 

Just now, Isegrim said:

Am I getting whooshed or is it arrogance or stupidity? Do you really think that scientists aren’t involved in other countries and their measures might be based on scientific rationale?

I can only imagine its another example of English exceptionalism. We know best, we won 2 world wars, don't you know. 

I mean, I truly hope these behavioural scientists the government seems to be putting so much faith in are right. Feels like a a massive punt to me though. I would feel a lot less anxious if we were panicking like the rest of the world seems to be 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, I truly hope these behavioural scientists the government seems to be putting so much faith in are right. Feels like a a massive punt to me though. I would feel a lot less anxious if we were panicking like the rest of the world seems to be 

In the metro station today, there was a charver hockling everywhere,  the dirty cunt. I wonder if they factored behaviour like this in? 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Jeremy Hunt just gave an interview there btw where he doubted the modelling and said he couldn't understand the lack of plans for social distancing. The world has gone mad, but I'd trust Hunt more than that snivelling turd Hancock. 

Aye but you know that if Hunt was still in the job he’d be toeing the same line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

Jeremy Hunt isn’t a scientist or a Doctor. He is one of the worst health secretaries in living memory. I wouldn’t be nailing my colours to that particular mast 

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Jeremy Hunt isn’t a scientist or a Doctor. He is one of the worst health secretaries in living memory. I wouldn’t be nailing my colours to that particular mast 

Hunt was from a time when the government were vaguely competent and evidence based. What gives you faith in the current lot of charlatans I dont know.

So the CMO said a few things which made sense to you? But apparently contradict the advice of most leading epidemiologists and experts on countries that have actually dealt with SARS successfully and got coronavirus under control  currently? And by sheer coincidence, this do nothing protocol happens to be the easiest and most cost saving in the short term? 

Okay. 

• Like 2

I'll be gobsmacked if I find out us and the Yanks are the two countries out of everyone else who put economic interests a bit higher than the rest of the world, shocked I tell you. I fucking loathe the fact that these cunts keep getting voted in by people in certain areas of England and they're not even hiding the fact that there's going to be deaths AND THEY'RE NOT GOING TO DO MUCH ABOUT IT. USA and Britain, cunts who've been chosen by the misguided or other cunts or now going to have blood on their hands, (they have already but they're taking the piss now). It's all about the bottom line and has already been alluded to, they'll get the answers that suit them and dismiss the ones that don't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1