The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Currently waiting on Pearson to edit it

They're just waiting for Morgan Freeman flying in to announce it. 

"Get busy signing for the toon or get busy being in......hey, how do you pronounce 'leyague one?"tumblr_inline_nukmycKrk51tae3h3_400.gifv

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah good point...hes not playing in Poch's team though and is very good.....

Agreed! I’d love us to sign him, I thought similar with Gini but then I thought about the PSG owners. Maybe it’s not a problem and it won’t be like that? I think he’d be perfect for us as imo we really need to improve CM. Like I get the defence is poor but we can’t get any sort of handle on teams as our midfield is a fucking sieve. It’s been better since Joelintons reinvention but he can’t do this on his own for 19 games. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Edwards trying to bait Downie into another mistake. Either that or he's about as ITK as me. 

Both 

• Haha 1

Pete Graves just turned up at the SSN transfer show and gave the lads broadcasting the thumbs up. :lol:

What the fuck has my life become? 

Keith Downie is just a better paid Adam Pearson at this stage. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I’m just enjoying even getting linked to these players. I don’t expect any of these to happen.

Just as I thought Trippier was pie in the sky stuff..,

Aye definitely, it doesn’t feel real yet.  

Right, pinch of salt time lads as I’m just passing along what I’ve heard so take it or leave it. 

Botman and Diego Carlos want to sign, we want both, Howe wants Botman in first. Umtiti the alternative if we can’t agree Botman fee. 

Digne deal is dead in the water and we’ve moved on. Unlikely to sign a LB, may rely on Lewis and Manquillo. 

Vlahovic…. Wants to sign for us. Like Botman he wants to get in at the ground floor of the project and fears knocking us back now would mean we wouldn’t ever come back. Club not sure about the price (55m) as still fear relegation. Other alternative here is Isak who has been looked into today. 

Nothing in Ramsey or Coutinho stuff. 

Laters,lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I don't know why the Vlahovic price should be related to fears of relegation. We can now comfortably absorb the financial costs of relegation and wouldn't be forced to sell our players at cut-rate prices. Vlahovic would surely move on, but at a price that we set, if not the price we paid for him. 

It's crazy in one sense that we are discussing 50m+ signings in all seriousness after years of utter bleakness, but even with our league position I don't think it's outlandish. Players will realize we're going to compete for honors, that we're going to upset the PL apple cart. It's going to happen. It may happen next year or five years from now, but it's nailed on with the financial muscle we now possess that we will be joining the PL elite. May as well get in early. 

Trippier will open the floodgates and alert top-level internationals that playing for us is the real deal. The owners are surely looking for that marquee signing, that Robinho. I would love it to be Vlahovic but - and I can hardly believe I'm saying this - there's plenty of other fish in the sea.

One really edifying thing is how quickly the bullshit "the Saudis won't spend in January" narrative has evaporated. Bargain basement days are over. Bullshit loan rumors in the final hours of the transfer window that just couldn't get over the line are over.  Movement in the first week of the window was exactly what we needed to save this season and we're acting quickly and decisively. 

• Like 4

• Tom locked this topic