The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

If we stay up I wonder how many fellow PL clubs will continue to snub us and filthy our oil £billions

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Also now we have some wealth, wouldn't it be prudent to do what Chelsea, previously and Man City, more recently, have done and hoover up as much of the young talent from other leagues?

First thing we (Man City) did was buy up all the land around the stadium and build build build. Somewhere to put our shiny new toys. Not sure what the scope is for that around your stadium as we had a lot of derelict land. So many jobs get created as the workforce and materials were local where ever possible too. And thats just the start of local investment.

1 minute ago, LondonBlue said:

First thing we (Man City) did was buy up all the land around the stadium and build build build. Somewhere to put our shiny new toys. Not sure what the scope is for that around your stadium as we had a lot of derelict land. So many jobs get created as the workforce and materials were local where ever possible too. And thats just the start of local investment.

It's hard because one of the FCB's biggest crimes was selling off the land the previous owners had bought and earmarked for stadium development. 

Beyond that a lot of the land is owned by the freemen of the city and its use is limited - that's what stopped us building a new ground in the late 90s.

22 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Also now we have some wealth, wouldn't it be prudent to do what Chelsea, previously and Man City, more recently, have done and hoover up as much of the young talent from other leagues?

When Man City, PSG or Chelsea did what they did, it wasn't exist the Financial Fair Play.

I mean. You have much money, but you have limits, and you need to spend very clever every pound. 

First Man City transfer was Robinho... A man that when arrived thought he was in Chelsea (and he said this in his first interview). And a man it was downhill and just did one good year in Manchester.

But they waste much money in wrong players we can't do today.

40M Robinho

25M Jo Alves

25M Santa Cruz (And they have Tevez and Adebayor)

20M Javi García. (And they have Barry for the samen position)

We need to do a group and a base.

First we have to get to be next year in Premier.... And next year you have to make a team could be fight to be in Top6 and try to enter in European Competitions. But most important thing is to get not relegated. You need players than want to grow at time with the team. And players than know that... With the correct steps, the could be playing Champions League in 2-3 or 3-4 years with this team.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

there's a derelict land about 14 miles from our stadium. I'd be fucking livid if we invested in it.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Yeah Chelsea's way of doing things is pretty insane, in a good way for them at least. They currently have about ten players out on loan.

The correct answer is 22 players on loan.

2 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

The correct answer is 22 players on loan.

I was going by transfermarkt, and it seems to be ten, but maybe they differentiate between players that were in the squad at one point, and youth players, under 21's etc.

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Youth system overhaul will be at the top of the new DoF's in tray....if we ever get one, obvs..

Bringing in the best youth talent and developing local talent. That's what Amanda Stavely  said when she said the club will be built organically?

There will be a complete overhaul of the infrastructure of the club in time.

Short term the club is trying to bring in players to avoid relegation at all costs by the sounds of things.

I haven't heard of three quarters of the players linked but it feels good seeing the club so proactive now. 

2 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

When Man City, PSG or Chelsea did what they did, it wasn't exist the Financial Fair Play.

I mean. You have much money, but you have limits, and you need to spend very clever every pound. 

First Man City transfer was Robinho... A man that when arrived thought he was in Chelsea (and he said this in his first interview). And a man it was downhill and just did one good year in Manchester.

40M Robinho

25M Jo Alves

First we have to get to be next year in Premier.... And next year you have to make a team could be fight to be in Top6 and try to enter in European Competitions. But most important thing is to get not relegated. You need players than want to grow at time with the team. And players than know that... With the correct steps, the could be playing Champions League in 2-3 or 3-4 years with this team.  

Agree Diego but also while we are securing our place in the PL, we should also take advantage of the great situation we are in with FFP, due to Ashley's lack of spending.

Also let's not buy shite like on a downward slope Robinho or Santa Cruz or Garcia, if I remember correctly they all came from clubs Man City was aspiring to become like.
We need to hoover up the Bottmans, Vlahovics and Diazs, from lower leagues and mid-table clubs in the better leagues.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I was going by transfermarkt, and it seems to be ten, but maybe they differentiate between players that were in the squad at one point, and youth players, under 21's etc.

Ethan Ampadu - Venezia

Faustino Anjorin - Lokomotiv Moscow

Abdul Baba Rahman - Reading

Tiemoue Bakayoko - Milan

Thierno Ballo - Rapid Vienna

Michy Batshuayi - Besiktas

Nathan Baxter - Hull

Armando Broja - Southampton

Jake Clarke-Salter - Coventry

Levi Colwill - Huddersfield

Jamie Cumming - Gillingham

Danny Drinkwater - Reading

Juan Familia-Castillo - Birmingham

Conor Gallagher - Crystal Palace

Billy Gilmour - Norwich

Kenedy - Flamengo

Henry Lawrence - AFC Wimbledon

Ian Maatsen - Coventry

Matt Miazga - Alaves

Emerson Palmeiri - Lyon

Dujon Sterling - Blackpool

Karlo Ziger - Rudar Velenje

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken said:

Bringing in the best youth talent and developing local talent. That's what Amanda Stavely  said when she said the club will be built organically?

There will be a complete overhaul of the infrastructure of the club in time.

Short term the club is trying to bring in players to avoid relegation at all costs by the sounds of things.

I haven't heard of three quarters of the players linked but it feels good seeing the club so proactive now. 

It’s what Ashley would have done too if there was even a modicum of truth to his shite about the club being self-sustaining. Which didn’t stop the usual suspects in the media, punditry circles etc lapping his patter up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

40M Robinho

25M Jo Alves

Those bad buys that we made were partly due to how far away from the top teams we were. Gambles, but some of them were the right players for where we were.

Tevez was brilliant as he wound Man United fans up so much and to be fair he contributed to the first title win.

Barry was a proper work horse. limited? yes but good for where we were.

Robinho was exciting, there was a lot of hype, but yes a waste of money.

Jo! well, i got caught up in the hype and bought a shirt. Worst shirt i ever bought.

Santa Cruz was okay but he was never ever fit, so again a waste of money.

Javi Garcia was pants, there was no excuse for buying him. Other than maybe that we were still wannabes and hadn't made it yet.

As for next year, i'm not so sure i would worry about going down. You'd have the time of your lives coming back up. And it will never happen again. I used to love those promotion seasons.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Ethan Ampadu - Venezia

Faustino Anjorin - Lokomotiv Moscow

Abdul Baba Rahman - Reading

Tiemoue Bakayoko - Milan

Thierno Ballo - Rapid Vienna

Michy Batshuayi - Besiktas

Nathan Baxter - Hull

Armando Broja - Southampton

Jake Clarke-Salter - Coventry

Levi Colwill - Huddersfield

Jamie Cumming - Gillingham

Danny Drinkwater - Reading

Juan Familia-Castillo - Birmingham

Conor Gallagher - Crystal Palace

Billy Gilmour - Norwich

Kenedy - Flamengo

Henry Lawrence - AFC Wimbledon

Ian Maatsen - Coventry

Matt Miazga - Alaves

Emerson Palmeiri - Lyon

Dujon Sterling - Blackpool

Karlo Ziger - Rudar Velenje

Fucking Kenedy is still on their books, they must have signed him on an Ashley recommended six year contract.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s what Ashley would have done too if there was even a modicum of truth to his shite about the club being self-sustaining. Which didn’t stop the usual suspects in the media, punditry circles etc lapping his patter up 

My loss off interest in the club and football was about 7 year ago. I completely lost interest and enjoyment in the game in general. So much so that I am still trying to 'get to know ' the players at the club so-to-speak. 

I know Ashley wanted to bring in obscure players by and large and sell them for a profit for his personal gain. It completely drained me as I am sure it did you and mist fans.

I am just glad it's all over and it's time to relax and just enjoy the ride.

• Like 3

• Tom locked this topic