The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

18 minutes ago, Howay said:

I think it’s a little much to say it’s impatience tbh. They’ve had more than enough time to make progress on targets, while I don’t think every single thing journalists are reporting is true we are currently 11 days into the window with one signing in. If we play Watford with the same squad that we had for the Cambridge game it’s bordering on absurd to me. 

I understand teams are hesitant to sell in January, but they could have been talking to clubs in November and December.

My big suspicion/fear is that our lot have went round talking to agents, for example Botmans agent, who has went yes my client would love to come and Lille need cash so would likely sell in this range. Rather than open any channel of discussion with Lille our lot have come up with a price in that range they’d be happy with paying and then waited until January to approach Lille who (not so promptly) told them to fuck off. It’s what they seemed to have done with Emery, spoke to his agent he gave them the go ahead but they neglected the hand the club had to play. 

I like Jacobs but we’re a fan base that have had the most turgid owner in PL history for 14 year and then when we have this excitement of a new takeover they’ve repeatedly botched things. It’s feeling very amateur hour to me. I don’t think branding people as impatient is fair, it would have been impatient if people were screaming January 2nd that we didn’t have players walking in the door but by January 11th only having 1 in and 1 other player that we had any public official bids made? It’s very poor. 

Watch that video I posted with interview with Sean Casey.  He gets a lot of shit and called out as a spoof but to me he comes across as a lot more knowledgeable than most.  Apparently a lot of agents have been in touch with us but the hard part is convincing the players to join us.  Probably why we got Trippier is because he knows Howe, he ISNT a mercenary that wankers like Simon Jordan make out.  He has trust in Howe and he has bought into the project he is building. 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Watch that video I posted with interview with Sean Casey.  He gets a lot of shit and called out as a spoof but to me he comes across as a lot more knowledgeable than most.  Apparently a lot of agents have been in touch with us but the hard part is convincing the players to join us.  Probably why we got Trippier is because he knows Howe, he ISNT a mercenary that wankers like Simon Jordan make out.  He has trust in Howe and he has bought into the project he is building. 

Trippier played for Howe for about three months. I think too much is made of this supposed previous relationship.

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Without looking it up, I wouldn't know what nationality Origi is either, tbf. :lol:

Yeah, that well know Flemish surname Origi :lol:

I couldn't remember who the fuck he played for and I couldn't be arsed to look it up. I'm the anti-Fish here, I wouldn't have thought it was necessary to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Liverpool squad members on a NUFC message board. And to the ones hoping that we'd sign him and were actually commenting to that effect,  why didn't you make the fuckin link before now between his availability and ACON? Why was it left to shit for brains here? :razz:

• Haha 5

Just now, PaddockLad said:

I couldn't remember who the fuck he played for and I couldn't be arsed to look it up. I'm the anti-Fish here, I wouldn't have thought it was necessary to have an encyclopedic knowledge of Liverpool squad members on a NUFC message board. And to the ones hoping that we'd sign him and were actually commenting to that effect,  why didn't you make the fuckin link before now between his availability and ACON? Why was it left to shit for brains here? :razz:

WooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo! 

I do think there's a bit of impatience from the fanbase. 

The takeover took everyone by surprise, we didn't have a bloke in charge of transfers in November/December, we still don't have a Technical Director. 

Every other club knows that we're rich, and desperate. They will be absolute arseholes in negotiations, ask for the moon on a stick, take ages and January is a nightmare window anyway.

We've already bought the best rightback to pull on a black and white shirt for fucking years. Lille are under no pressure to sell in this window, regardless of the amount of money we throw at them. 

I wonder if there's a fear of setting a precedent, £35m-40m sounds about right, so if we were to panic and throw £50m at Lille, every other club would tack on a £10m envy tax for their players.

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

That position has been filled :CT:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The takeover took everyone by surprise, we didn't have a bloke in charge of transfers in November/December, we still don't have a Technical Director. 

Every other club knows that we're rich, and desperate. They will be absolute arseholes in negotiations, ask for the moon on a stick, take ages and January is a nightmare window anyway.

We've already bought the best rightback to pull on a black and white shirt for fucking years. Lille are under no pressure to sell in this window, regardless of the amount of money we throw at them. 

I wonder if there's a fear of setting a precedent, £35m-40m sounds about right, so if we were to panic and throw £50m at Lille, every other club would tack on a £10m envy tax for their players.

It's ok, plenty of time to save the season

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

i think that's going to happen anyway isn't it? the so-called newcastle premium. we're going to have to pay it if we want to move quickly. every cunt knows our predicament. 

they're the richest owners of a football club in the world. it's time they started acting like it otherwise they're going to be sportswashing the shit out of the championship. i don't think we're being impatient saying that. it's stating the bleeding obvious. anyone who watched the camrbidge game knows it. 

it's impossible to overstate how important the next few games are. it may be that we find a bit of form then secure our signings at the end of the window without being taking to the cleaners on transfer fees, but i wouldn't want to bet on it given our form this season - and muddling through january to avoid paying over the odds is the mike ashley model. i expected more from this lot tbh. 

• Like 2

I totally agree that it would be ideal to have made all the signings in the first 10 days of the window. But I also think that that was probably near enough impossible. 

If we get 5 or 6 in by the end of the window, that will STILL be an incredibly successful transfer window. And if we do it without relegation clauses, as per Howe's request, all the better cos it derisks relegation to an extent.

And in the meantime whatever team we have in placs has a job to do in two games. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It's ok, plenty of time to save the season

I think it will be, because there is. just need 4pts more than the other 3 down in the bottom 4.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I totally agree that it would be ideal to have made all the signings in the first 10 days of the window. But I also think that that was probably near enough impossible. 

If we get 5 or 6 in by the end of the window, that will STILL be an incredibly successful transfer window. And if we do it without relegation clauses, as per Howe's request, all the better cos it derisks relegation to an extent.

And in the meantime whatever team we have in placs has a job to do in two games. 

I like it when we agree. I don't like it when we fight. 

Just now, The Fish said:

I think it will be, because there is. just need 4pts more than the other 3 down in the bottom 4.

Aye, by the end of this window, there'll still be 17 games left, and we already know that we categorically will not be cut adrift for them.

17 games to overhaul a few points deficit is really doable. 

Gonna align with Fish and Gemmill on this - given how much of a fuck on signing players seems to be we've done well to get one in early doors. I think most of us would have been happy with 3 in place by end of the window and I still reckon that'll happen.

Still also think this team as it presently is can scrap itself into some points in the coming days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think that's going to happen anyway isn't it? the so-called newcastle premium. we're going to have to pay it if we want to move quickly. every cunt knows our predicament. 

they're the richest owners of a football club in the world. it's time they started acting like it otherwise they're going to be sportswashing the shit out of the championship. i don't think we're being impatient saying that. it's stating the bleeding obvious. anyone who watched the camrbidge game knows it. 

it's impossible to overstate how important the next few games are. it may be that we find a bit of form then secure our signings at the end of the window without being taking to the cleaners on transfer fees, but i wouldn't want to bet on it given our form this season - and muddling through january to avoid paying over the odds is the mike ashley model. i expected more from this lot tbh. 

I think signing Trippier for £12m sets a good example, an example that would be ruined if we overpaid massively on the next signing. Botman is very good, but if Lille are being dicks, just go and sign some other motherfucker. Fuck them, the faux-Belgian cunts.

• Tom locked this topic