The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Yeah bringing Wood in is a clear win, win. I'm loathe to reference Luke Edwards, but he did make a good point about the amount of crosses we were getting into the box against Cambridge, and Trippier's delivery and tendency to bang the crosses in. Wood getting on the end of that kind of delivery will at the very least result in chances for those around him, and he has been pretty consistent with his scoring over the years in a Burnley side that isn't what you would call attacking. I would be worried if we just ended up bringing in the young French lad as our striking option with Wilson out, but having the plan be to bring in an experienced striker alongside him makes sense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Weakening Burnley is the coup de grace here. Mind, it assumes Wood has any interest in coming. 

Aye, I’ve heard the release clause is apparently 25m. Honestly though I’d do it, it resigns Burnley to relegation more than likely and gives us an actual presence up top. Not what everyone dreamed for but it gets us to the summer and then he becomes a cover option. I’d take one step back from my sheets if it happened, so maybe some of my piss would hit the floor rather than the sheet. 

• Haha 2

Remember 80s TV variety shows. There would always be some daft shite plate spinning. That was considered a talent in the 80s.

Anyway that feels like what we're doing. We forgot to pay attention to the Digne plate and have ran over after it's smashed on the deck to try and put it back together again. :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I mean, it does make you wonder what the fuck we're playing at when you read stuff like this. 

Being guided by Glenn Roeder from beyond the grave.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just to add to the bed wetting, I'm also starting to wonder if we missed a trick picking Howe over Gerrard...

If we had Gerrard would we have the same issues?  Is it Howe's fault? 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Couldn't get it over the line. Where have I heard this before? 

"Wait.... He's coming through..... Glenn says.... 'wait til Villa have agreed terms.... Then increase the bid'...." 

• Haha 3

Just now, spongebob toonpants said:

I'd genuinely rather get relegated than have Gerard as manager

I bet he wouldn't be telling the lads they could be proud they tried their hardest after getting whopped of Cambridge and disappearing down the tunnel :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I bet he wouldn't be telling the lads they could be proud they tried their hardest after getting whopped of Cambridge and disappearing down the tunnel :lol: 

The high pitched whine would have set off every dog in the NE. 

• Haha 5

• Tom locked this topic