The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It's Monday. I'll accept these tears on Friday and not a moment before. 

Can we call it Wednesday instead of Friday? To give a couple of days training to any new players? At least my sheets will be sopping by Wednesday if we don’t have anyone else in. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Howay said:

Can we call it Wednesday instead of Friday? To give a couple of days training to any new players? At least my sheets will be sopping by Wednesday if we don’t have anyone else in. 

Mine have been soaked for weeks 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yeah. In 72 hours we've gone from bidding £70mil on 2 CB's and being interested in Vlahovic, to signing players from Burnley and Norwich, to all of our bids have been rejected and we are playing our relegation 6 pointer against Watford with no strikers :( 

hopefully the Cambridge game was the aberration and the team that played Man U turn up or we’re fucked. 

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Let's split the difference and make it Thursday. 

I’m standing next to my bed ready to piss at midday Thursday. It’ll start with a trickle but by 5pm it’s going to be soaked. 

• Haha 5

I have belief that we'll end up with signings, purely because the top bollocks has give them a kick up the arse but I can't imagine that they'll all be the first choices, outside of Trippier. They're going to have to get creative but I bet we end up with the 5/6 they're wanting to add in terms of numbers.

I understand the frustration but what NUFC are attempting this month hasn't been done before....the people at the top are novices too. The time to judge isn't now obviously.... 

If we're still indulging in left field bullshit  suggestions I'd take advantage of the toxicity at Man U and try to loan Rashford till the end of the season... fucker loves a hopeless cause so we're perfect for him :cuppa:

• Haha 4

if we chalk up wjinaldum, ramsey, diego carlos, botman and origi, i might be tempted to start waving my wiener

we'll need another striker too. the chicken and wine chief reckons chris wood might be a goer

if digne is stupid enough to sign for villa we'll need a let back anarl 

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/newcastle-hugo-ekitike-30m-advanced-talks-reims-transfer

In advanced talks to sign a 19 year old French striker from Reims according to 90minutes. I've no idea how reliable 90 Minutes are, but this lad has scored 8 in 17 games this season, but is largely unproven obviously given his age. Could be a great addition to the squad if true, but we'd hopefully be going for someone with a bit of experience as well. 

It's on Sky as well. 30M though? Desperation starting to sink in or is he supposed to be very promising?

2 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

It's on Sky as well. 30M though? Desperation starting to sink in or is he supposed to be very promising?

His season so far has been very good tbf, thats just what you pay for talent these days I guess?

In 10 starts (plus 7 sub appearances) hes scored 8 and set up 2.

In ASMs best season at Nice (when we then bought him) he scored 6 and set up 3

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

if we chalk up wjinaldum, ramsey, diego carlos, botman and origi, i might be tempted to start waving my wiener

we'll need another striker too. the chicken and wine chief reckons chris wood might be a goer

if digne is stupid enough to sign for villa we'll need a let back anarl 

Targett at Villa is a canny left back.

7 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Supposedly he's highly rated, and some have mentioned him in the same breath as Mbappe in terms of potential, but who knows how hyperbolic that is, or how knowledgeable they are. Maybe it was his mam comparing him to Mbappe. Of course this is his first senior season, apart from a short loan to a Danish team. So it's definitely a risk whatever way you look at it. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

His season so far has been very good tbf, thats just what you pay for talent these days I guess?

In 10 starts (plus 7 sub appearances) hes scored 8 and set up 2.

In ASMs best season at Nice (when we then bought him) he scored 6 and set up 3

Yeah, was just wondering if anyone has seen him play, what his attitude is like. Willock had pretty impressive stats last season. 

Fabrizio is on it now :D 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Yeah, was just wondering if anyone has seen him play, what his attitude is like. Willock had pretty impressive stats last season. 

Fabrizio is on it now :D 

Fair comparison :lol:

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This lad from Reims plus Chris Wood would be canny. 

That would be brilliant, and Wood's release clause shouldn't really be too high so the deals could align with the idea of not getting ripped off that we seem to be working with.

• Like 1

• Tom locked this topic