The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fucking hell, signing a villa reject after missing out to them on digne would be underwhelming 

He’d improve the squad and the first team. It’s underwhelming compared to what? We’re fucking shite and we’re in the bottom three. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

The only thing we should be getting in is about 15 positive tests at this stage :lol: 

Djokovic can hook us up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I know it's talk sport,

£3.5m fee.  They're fucking worried about a £3.5m fee.

"I know its talksport..... BUT FUCKING HELL THESE PENNY PINCHING CUNTS ARGUING OVER £3.5M" :lol:

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

The only thing we should be getting in is about 15 positive tests at this stage :lol: 

Where’s that little bamp Pearson and his mates when you need them? 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’d improve the squad and the first team. It’s underwhelming compared to what? We’re fucking shite and we’re in the bottom three. 

compared to trippier or gosens - and myriad other players we've been linked with. i don't dispute he's better than our current options, so he's bette than not upgrading that position, but i imagine he'd be third or fourth choice.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

compared to trippier or gosens - and myriad other players we've been linked with. i don't dispute he's better than our current options, so he's bette than not upgrading that position, but i imagine he'd be third or fourth choice.

Tbh it wouldn’t stop us signing Gosens anyway. We’re desperately short of cover in the fullback positions. I know Dummett’s back but he’s not exactly great and has a poor injury record. He’s better than Ritchie but that’s not saying much as a fullback.  It’s also a realistic target 

Carlos has taken to social media to dismiss the comments attributed to him about having plenty of time left at Sevilla. Or at least he's questioned the interpretation of what he said. He attached a facepalm, laughing and mouth zipped emoji's to a quotation of said comments. Probably not his fault, but he's going to need to come in and be the love child of Beckenbauer and prime Stam given how annoying the chase for his signature has been.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Carlos has taken to social media to dismiss the comments attributed to him about having plenty of time left at Sevilla. Or at least he's questioned the interpretation of what he said. He attached a facepalm, laughing and mouth zipped emoji's to a quotation of said comments. Probably not his fault, but he's going to need to come in and be the love child of Beckenbauer and prime Stam given how annoying the chase for his signature has been.

Seeing as he's given a penalty away 10 times in two seasons I don't think there's much chance of that tbh :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

He's probs said "I know there's interest, but I've got 18 months left on my contract here". The classic will you leave me alone dickheads response. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbh it wouldn’t stop us signing Gosens anyway. We’re desperately short of cover in the fullback positions. I know Dummett’s back but he’s not exactly great and has a poor injury record. He’s better than Ritchie but that’s not saying much as a fullback.  It’s also a realistic target 

file under chris wood. underwhelming but probably necessary given our situation 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

There's gonna be an avalanche of signings in the last week and Gloom and wykiki are gonna be like a couple of piss sprinklers while the rest of us are covered in transfer ejaculate.

I would LOVE IT, LOVE IT, if you're right.

• Tom locked this topic