The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, wykikitoon said:

He did well for Leeds but that's from the bench.

Still, he's a better option than Gayle.

Aye, but I reckon Eddie and Wood will plunder 3 goals between then the rest of the season. 

When you've been linked with Vlahovic, Nunez and Zapata, this kids a bit of a let down 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye they’ve tried to play tough with us but there’s only so much you can do when you’ve got a player on £100k a week not getting a kick who really doesn’t want to be there. 

Aye, I was baffled by the Manchester United fans on twitter stating that it’s up to their club what he goes for and that it’s good business. People’s entire point was that they’re being pricks about the fee at the expense of a lad who has been nothing but a loyal hardworking pro for them, who wants to play in a WC year when he’s not being played he has 5 months left on his deal and there’s a very fair offer on the table. Of course it’s up to them what the terms will be but they’re still being enormous arseholes, additionally it’s fucking TERRIBLE business on their part, it’s going to cost them about £2.5m just to spite us when they could get a couple of million plus the expense of his wages taken off their hands, so a swing of £4m-£5m for a player they don’t play and have no chance of keeping. 

• Like 4

We’ve always had interest in Nketiah, he’s definitely in the Wood/Burn type of signing where he’s being targeted to help us in the short term to avoid relegation. He of course has the upside of being young and he may kick on and improve. It gives us another option up front tbf whereas currently we have very little choice. If we end the window with Wilson, Wood and Nketiah as our central striker options I feel that’s a decent window, we can then go and get Haaland or whatever mental target in the summer :lol: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The fans on the Arsenal forums can't wait to get rid of him 

To be fair to Arsenal fans they’ve always seemed like one of the most reactionary, un knowledge fanbase around. Maybe he is poor but they have a massive tendency to overreact to the quality in their players. I’m not just talking about AFTV here but my experiences with arsenal fans (lived with one at Uni). 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We demand a club that tries.... 

OMG FUCKING EDDIE NKETIAH. JUST FUCK OFF RIGHT. YOU LOT ARE PATHETIC. OH THIS IS SO DISAPPOINTING. 

@Gemmill queuing outside SJP to get his season ticket in the summer.....

article-2212704-15580BDE000005DC-397_634

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Get a new joke ginge

Howay though. The links to Vlahovic etc were total pie in the sky. If the Guimaraes deal completes, we've spent £70m in the January window. 

You can't moan on if we try and pick up a prospect from Arsenal as opposed to dumping another £50m on a name striker. 

44 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, I was baffled by the Manchester United fans on twitter stating that it’s up to their club what he goes for and that it’s good business. People’s entire point was that they’re being pricks about the fee at the expense of a lad who has been nothing but a loyal hardworking pro for them, who wants to play in a WC year when he’s not being played he has 5 months left on his deal and there’s a very fair offer on the table. Of course it’s up to them what the terms will be but they’re still being enormous arseholes, additionally it’s fucking TERRIBLE business on their part, it’s going to cost them about £2.5m just to spite us when they could get a couple of million plus the expense of his wages taken off their hands, so a swing of £4m-£5m for a player they don’t play and have no chance of keeping. 

Especially when it’s unlikely to be the difference between us staying up and going down. It’s going to be fucking great flicking the Vs while we sail past them 

• Like 2

The arsenal lad fits Eddie's mould and he does like to buy "underachieving" players for which he sees potential to develop at a cheaper price. (or the promotional video on youtube makes that out)

Regarding Lingard , apparently (msn news) Rashfords been gobby saying its about Man Utd not wanting to be embarrassed when Lingard comes to play for us and plays well.

Edited by scoobos

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

We’ve always had interest in Nketiah, he’s definitely in the Wood/Burn type of signing where he’s being targeted to help us in the short term to avoid relegation. He of course has the upside of being young and he may kick on and improve. It gives us another option up front tbf whereas currently we have very little choice. If we end the window with Wilson, Wood and Nketiah as our central striker options I feel that’s a decent window, we can then go and get Haaland or whatever mental target in the summer :lol: 

on the downside nketiah doesn't score many goals. even in the 2nd tier 3 in 17 for leeds isn't particularly prolific. think we're still taking a huge gamble with the strikers already on our books getting enough goals and this kids record doesn't look like it'll improve things that much.

I'm aware I'm leaving meself wide open to rebuke here from the statisticians who'll be able to narrow down the 3 in 17 to actual seconds on the pitch mind, but there's also the small matter of me actually hoping for haaland..... now!   :)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Howay though. The links to Vlahovic etc were total pie in the sky. If the Guimaraes deal completes, we've spent £70m in the January window. 

You can't moan on if we try and pick up a prospect from Arsenal as opposed to dumping another £50m on a name striker. 

• Haha 2

Canny negative write up on the window from Chris Waugh in the Athletic. I still think there's time to get what we need through the door - so much gets done in the final days of the window. 

I'd like to hear confirmation of Guimaraes though. If that falls through at this stage, it would be a bit of a blow. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Canny negative write up on the window from Chris Waugh in the Athletic. I still think there's time to get what we need through the door - so much gets done in the final days of the window. 

I'd like to hear confirmation of Guimaraes though. If that falls through at this stage, it would be a bit of a blow. 

I've seen a couple of negative things from him recently

• Tom locked this topic