The new manager thread

Polarboy

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
Just now, ewerk said:

Aye, and I want to shack up with Margot Robbie should I decide to give the wife the boot. Doesn't mean there's much chance of it happening.

I mean the bloke's been out of work for 14 months after being sacked following a relegation. I find him playing hard to get a bit daft.

We're in the fortunate position that any manager that actually puts a little bit of effort in is an upgrade so

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I mean the bloke's been out of work for 14 months after being sacked following a relegation. I find him playing hard to get a bit daft.

We're in the fortunate position that any manager that actually puts a little bit of effort in is an upgrade so

Why would he have left one relegated club to join another in a relegation battle with no funds to spend when he could bide his time and get a job with a mid-table club looking upwards?

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fuck me. :lol:

Sat all day with SSN on and twitter under constant refresh and they wait til I’m 5 minutes into the school run.

Happy Days, here we goooooooo!

Latest Fonz GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 3

Just now, ewerk said:

Why would he have left one relegated club to join another in a relegation battle with no funds to spend when he could bide his time and get a job with a mid-table club looking upwards?

No evidence that an offer from a mid-table club looking upwards was forthcoming. No evidence that he can take a mid-table club upwards. 

Howe has all the potential in the world in terms of an up and coming coach, but it will be a case of wait and see in terms of how much he absorbed from the likes of Simone, the Rayo Manager, Klopp, and Klopp's technical director Edwards. Reportedly he went on a bit of a footballing pilgrimage during his time out of management and met with the aforementioned to pick their brains. To have that sort of drive for self improvement is a very good quality. Not to take it back to Bruce all the time now he's gone, but can imagine him even contemplating trying to improve his coaching skills. We of course know from various comments from people that he hasn't moved with the times at all for about 20 years or more.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Bruce “didn’t believe” in tactics ffs. 

Which is a shame because most opposition managers do..

Bruce was of the post modern extraction when it came to tactics 😉

Hard work starts now I hope the players are up for it. Because Howe likes to be at  the training ground for 6.30am preparing training 

Edited by trooper

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Sounds like he takes no shit. Keep Jonjo Shelvey in your thoughts at this time

Aye that lad saying "you probably get one warning, and then it's time to leave the club." 

He clearly expects total commitment from the players. Be interesting to see who makes the cut here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Sounds like he takes no shit. Keep Jonjo Shelvey in your thoughts at this time

As I think I've said already, his calm demeanor in interviews is apparently very different to what he's like in private when he isn't happy. Apparently he tore strips off Jack Wilshire when he was at Bournemouth for constantly giving the ball away in a match. 

Well he took his time, but glad it's done. I think it's a great fit, but he walks into a tricky situation. If he can negotiate the relegation battle I'm sure he will go onwards and upwards. I don't think he'll change his approach, he likes to play aggressive football. People talk about his potential defensive weaknesses, but the attacking drive can deliver wins as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

Well he took his time, but glad it's done. I think it's a great fit, but he walks into a tricky situation. If he can negotiate the relegation battle I'm sure he will go onwards and upwards. I don't think he'll change his approach, he likes to play aggressive football. People talk about his potential defensive weaknesses, but the attacking drive can deliver wins as well. 

The Keegan criticism was always “but they’ve got a shit defence”.

We didn’t, and even if we did have… did we give a fuck? No.

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread