The new manager thread

Polarboy

For those who were doubting the ambition of the new owners, this should give some indication we mean business. We did what it took to bring Howe in. Might not be the biggest name, but realistically at this stage, we can't attract the very best, but Howe is still a very highly rated manager. 

• Like 2

He’s certainly a good appointment. Everyone would have been happy about him half a year ago. His approach to the game and to take on the job seems to be good as well.

He does also have the experience to work in the lower leagues as well, which might be useful looking at our current position and where we could end up this season.

• Like 4

Im legitimately looking forward to our games now for the first time in what feels like forever. Watching plenty of stuff on Howe and you guarantee this - our players will be a hundred times better drilled on the training pitch by an actually tactically astute manager for the first time since Rafa, the fitness levels will be through the roof compared to what they are right now after hes had a bit of time with them and we actually have a manager who gives a fuck.. you can tell this guys highly driven to succeed and one of the things that I like the most is how much he reiterates how important hard work is in training, on match day wherever and whenever. Hes got alot on his plate coming in at this point but he will believe that he can get us out of the shit at least, hes not going to be the players mate either like fatty was.. it seems like he does anything and everything to improve the standard and the results. Alot of Rafa vibes from Howe, im fully in. 

Edited by 247
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly, if you haven’t watched this Howe interview yet, get on it as @Gemmill would say. OMG

I can see why he would have impressed in an interview. Very LinkedIn 

42 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

For those who were doubting the ambition of the new owners, this should give some indication we mean business. We did what it took to bring Howe in. Might not be the biggest name, but realistically at this stage, we can't attract the very best, but Howe is still a very highly rated manager. 

Not on the SMB he isn't, a step down from cabbage head apparently. :(

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tom said:

His hatred of Lee Ryder was the only thing I liked about him :lol: 

Someone did a video compilation of the sighs when Ryder's turn came up at press conferences. :lol:

Might have been you that posted it on here. Amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Dougle said:

I’d never even heard of this bloke before. But he sounds like a fucking Genius.

I think he's a bit fucked off about that fact too... 

Screenshot_20211108-184727_Guardian.thumb.jpg.5eadfa1083325ea0fab6853800720952.jpg

There are certainly people responding to today's story on twitter trying to attribute some of his signings to other people at Chelsea. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he's a bit fucked off about that fact too... 

Screenshot_20211108-184727_Guardian.thumb.jpg.5eadfa1083325ea0fab6853800720952.jpg

There are certainly people responding to today's story on twitter trying to attribute some of his signings to other people at Chelsea. 

Fair play to the Fucker.... hope he leans forward into Newcastle  United.

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Someone did a video compilation of the sighs when Ryder's turn came up at press conferences. :lol:

Might have been you that posted it on here. Amazing. 

There’s been loads :lol: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Not on the SMB he isn't, a step down from cabbage head apparently. :(

I don't know why I do it to meself but I popped in there just now to gauge their reaction.

apart from howe being shite his name is now beheadie eddie.

they're fucking hilarious.

4 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Howe on Shelvey hopefully first day of training.   😉

Like Schumacher on Batiston. Except the ref gave a foul this time and the fella above was nearer the ball 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread