Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

48 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's a perfect analogy. Everton have been in the PL since its inception but they've done pretty much fuck all in that time. They got a few seasons of Europa League by playing shite football and haven't even had too many relegation battles to get them excited. They've had very few decent players in that time and have a shit stadium. They've just been existing. The footballing equivalent of lithium.

They nearly bombed out of it in the early years of the Premier League IIRC. Was it 1994? I remember they needed a result on the final day of the season against Wimbledon and got it.

50 minutes ago, Craig said:

He's about the only redeeming feature they have. Got a lot of time for Ferguson. 

Imagine those burglars coming face to face with Big Dunc......🤣i think the papers described it as "Mr Ferguson restrained them"

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I've come to the conclusion you just can't have Gerard and Lampard in the same division

Someone give Scholes a job, as a left field appointment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

They nearly bombed out of it in the early years of the Premier League IIRC. Was it 1994? I remember they needed a result on the final day of the season against Wimbledon and got it.

who could forget the trauma of nearly losing the biggest club ever to be relegated? We still have a candlelit vigil every year.  #neverforget #calmdown #ihatetoffee #muchratherhavefudge #noidontmeanthat #beefwand

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Slightly dodgy late pen from some dwarf whose name escapes me. 

Graeme Stewart - that's the fucker. 

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Didn't they have similar but against Coventry on the final day of 97/98? Same season, I think, Bolton had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

24 minutes ago, NJS said:

Slightly dodgy late pen from some dwarf whose name escapes me. 

Graeme Stewart - that's the fucker. 

Yep, that's him. They were utter dogshit that year. Didn't deserve to stay up.

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Didn't they have similar but against Coventry on the final day of 97/98? Same season, I think, Bolton had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

Quite possibly. Let's hope it's 3rd time lucky. Would love to see the face on Funtime Frankie as he takes them down. He'll blame the referees no doubt.

Lampard is the inverse of Gary Neville to me. As a player I really rated Lampard on all counts; as a manager he's becoming a whingy self-entitled miserable arsehole.

Neville conversely was an utter cunt as a player, but since he's retired I've found so much respect for the objective viewpoint he applies to every situation. I genuinely thought he's be the most biased wanker to every grace the screens, but not a bit of it. The only think I can't stand is when he's co-commentating and gets a little bit excited. Torres's goal for Chelsea against Barcelona springs to mind.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

Lampard is the inverse of Gary Neville to me. As a player I really rated Lampard on all counts; as a manager he's becoming a whingy self-entitled miserable arsehole.

Neville conversely was an utter cunt as a player, but since he's retired I've found so much respect for the objective viewpoint he applies to every situation. I genuinely thought he's be the most biased wanker to every grace the screens, but not a bit of it. The only think I can't stand is when he's co-commentating and gets a little bit excited. Torres's goal for Chelsea against Barcelona springs to mind.

I love it when a pundit gets too excited. Even if it's cringey as fuck it's immeasurably better than the commentators for whom commentating on a game seems to ruin their whole day. The "Aguerooooooo", "SheaRAR", "Ohhhhh glorious, if the rest was cake, there's the icing." All of that stuff makes a moment more momentous, for me. 

I like bias too, Carragher telling Richarlison to "Get Up" made it better. 

I've never liked Lampard. As a kid, as a player or now as a coach. Entitled Tory Cunt.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

I like bias too, Carragher telling Richarlison to "Get Up" made it better. 

And that's Carragher the Everton fan / ex Liverpool player. So well placed to make an objective opinion. He was absolutely right by the way, how Richarlison wasn't booked for that was quite frankly staggering.

I honestly don’t know how Richarlison doesn’t get sent off in most games tbh :lol:. He spends every fucking game diving all over the place, the kick out at Henderson absolutely should have been a red as well, he got booked against us for that challenge in CM but definitely should have picked up more cards ffs. 

• Haha 1

Honestly, if Saint Maximin carried on like that, I'd be pissed off with him myself. I'm understanding of players going down easy under a challenge, or killing time. But he rolled around like he was shot after he headed the fucking ball. 

• Like 1

Just now, Howay said:

I honestly don’t know how Richarlison doesn’t get sent off in most games tbh :lol:. He spends every fucking game diving all over the place, the kick out at Henderson absolutely should have been a red as well, he got booked against us for that challenge in CM but definitely should have picked up more cards ffs. 

He's also one of those players (like Gayle and Shelvey) who look miserable whether he's on a hattrick or subbed at half time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Honestly, if Saint Maximin carried on like that, I'd be pissed off with him myself. I'm understanding of players going down easy under a challenge, or killing time. But he rolled around like he was shot after he headed the fucking ball. 

It was absolutely hilarious (and right) that Stuart Atwell kept the game playing until Doucoure kicked out. The crowd were baying for him as well, particularly on the far side. Cheating bastard.  

14 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Miggy has done it loads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Miggy has done it loads.

Take it back! You fucking take that back. He's not a well boy!

Newcastle United Almiron GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Miggy has done it loads.

You're right there like, he was even worse than ASM - really embarrassing stuff.

Anyhoo, we better win the next 3 games or we're going down.. a couple of league positons.

Edited by scoobos
  • Haha 4

This lad is a cheesehead but this is actually a very good analysis.

For a start his first reason for the improvement is not the lazy "they spent loads in January" that we hear from everyone else, but rather the outlook of the club and the effect that has on the fans and therefore on SJP - we want to achieve things and not just avoid failure and that has a galvanising effect. 

He talks about "the evolution of Eddie Howe" and the work he's done to plug his previous shortcomings too. 

He's a cheesy hipster, but this is analysis and opinion that you don't see a lot from people outside of the fan base. 

• Like 2