Deep shit?

Dr Gloom

We need a new manager in as soon as possible. We will possibly get a new manager bounce, and start to put some actual tactical framework in place which would hopefully mean we nick some wins before January where the squad can be really improved. The longer they keep Bruce the more difficulty there will be, the blokes an absolute negative imo. 

• Haha 1

A new /decent/ manager in place soon and we'll be fine.

Add strengthening from a stronger position than weve been in in years come january and we'll be comfortably  midtable by the end of the season 

• Like 3

First thing is to revert to a back 5, preferrably without Lascelles. Get Fernandez back in there and hopefully we have a manager who can get the most out of Schar. We need to be harder to score against, against Spurs we were diabolical in that regard and it's been the theme for the season. Hayden has to come back into the holding midfield protecting our defense and Willock needs to show some more discipline in not pressing too high and getting out of position. We need Almiron's running back in the side and a consistent run for Wilson up top.

Edited by OTF
  • Like 1

We’re in a better position than we might’ve been due to the takeover happening now. If we can get a bit of momentum and improve (which shouldn’t be difficult) then it’ll make signing the right players in January easier. Having a decent manager should help in general too. Not that I think we’re going to be signing world class players. More like the sort of old heads Keegan brought in when he first took over. To be honest, even if we went down we’d still be in a better place. We were going down anyway in my opinion and with Ashley still owning the club I’d be amazed if we found it as easy as the last two times given the likely circumstances

• Like 4

Yeah I think relegation will just mean we get laughed at by the rest of the world and have to stiff upper lip our way through that, but in the long run it'll be irrelevant.

That said, I echo what everyone else is saying. There's time yet and there are plenty of shit teams in the division this year.

At least with the Fat Man gone, relegation this time could mean we could fumigate the whole place from top to bottom and start afresh.  God knows it needs doing.

I'd still rather stay up though ;)

Last season included 2 long winless runs (7 and 9 games) and we finished on 45pts. 

This current squad of players is capable of midtable.

We'll be getting a new manager soon and he will, at the very least, get this group of players performing at their level.

We'll be strengthening in January so jokers like Shelvey will be pushed out of the lineup.

All these things combined means we'll be fine.

57 minutes ago, Ant said:

He's shite and lazy, the worst combination

that break in the first half that got squared across for ASM  to try slide into, Joelinton was still back near the halfway line at that point despite them both starting there when we broke forward.

Probably him hiding as much as being lazy. Although that’s arguably worse anyway

We have a lot of tough games before transfer window opens again and most good players won't come to a team in deep shit......we will be better off getting some good players in on loan. Most players coming to a team in bottom 3 of premier league spouting the "big club/always loved Newcastle/I want to win things" etc etc......are probably greedy bastards/shit players, we'll have enough of those when we're in top 6/8  but they'll be a better greedy bastard😉

Edited by Rosco

I don't think we are going to get relegated but it's going to be a challenging few months. We need a decent striker, a partner for Willock in CM and a couple of defenders as a minimum in January. Add that to Dubravka, Willock, ASM, Wilson, Almiron etc with a new manager and we should have a reasonable starting XI 

The challenge is then stopping the players dropped from the starting XI/1st team squad becoming toxic around the dressing room until we can get them shifted 

34 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I don't think we are going to get relegated but it's going to be a challenging few months. We need a decent striker, a partner for Willock in CM and a couple of defenders as a minimum in January. Add that to Dubravka, Willock, ASM, Wilson, Almiron etc with a new manager and we should have a reasonable starting XI 

The challenge is then stopping the players dropped from the starting XI/1st team squad becoming toxic around the dressing room until we can get them shifted 

Shelvey should be peddled as soon as possible. Gayle too. And whoever is leaking the stories to Hope.