Teutonic scouse twats v Eddie & his hot rods

PaddockLad

12 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The Liverpool number 5 clatters into Shar and Hayden.Clear foul.Remember where you heard it first.

The match finished about an hour ago, mate. 

You might want to see someone about those flashbacks.

• Haha 8

14 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The Liverpool number 5 clatters into Shar and Hayden.Clear foul.Remember where you heard it first.

:lol: lest we forget 

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

What a plonker Jenas is. If you don’t knoe how bad a head injury is then it does surely have to be the other way round.

”He fractured his skull but you didn’t know how bad it was…”

Yeah it's the right call to let one vastly superior team play against 9 men whilst two of their players lay prone on the ground in the middle of the box.

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If that was at the other end he'd have swallowed his fuckin whistle immediately  :cuppa:

I think Hayden was feigning a head injury to get the play stopped, but there's no way Dean could have known that and aye if that's at the other end we'd not have had a chance to get the cross in.

Hayden probably gets an arm in the face or

head from the falling Schar was it? You can't see it on camera although one of the angles gives the biggest clue and he won't know who's hand or elbow it is so he's hoping it's picked up by var or  the ref it seems to me. Either way, I wouldn't be too happy if I was a Liverpool fan and he stopped it if they scored directly after he fell but it comes out and goes wide and he 100% stops it if it was the other way around. 

• Like 4

To say when I saw that lineup, I thought we were in for a drubbing.  I keep reading and hearing how Liverpool weren't at their best. But I also think that does detract somewhat from us.  We frustrated them and made them work hard for large periods of the game.

We need a serious box to box midfielder though as Haydn when he is coming away from his own area seems to get lost.  He did a  job of protecting the defence.

I am sure the lads will feel better last night than the defeat against Leicester.  It was a much better performance.  There are still 3 teams above the relegation spots within touching distance.  It's going to take a right run of games but we can still do it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

To say when I saw that lineup, I thought we were in for a drubbing.  I keep reading and hearing how Liverpool weren't at their best. But I also think that does detract somewhat from us.  We frustrated them and made them work hard for large periods of the game.

We need a serious box to box midfielder though as Haydn when he is coming away from his own area seems to get lost.  He did a  job of protecting the defence.

I am sure the lads will feel better last night than the defeat against Leicester.  It was a much better performance.  There are still 3 teams above the relegation spots within touching distance.  It's going to take a right run of games but we can still do it.

I honestly think Joelinton has got what it takes based on his games since Howe came in. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I honestly think Joelinton has got what it takes based on his games since Howe came in. 

I honestly think you could be right. He's grafted his fucking nuts off since Howe took over and gets about.

• Like 1

Honestly, I've played football for 20+ years at the highest level* and the referee stops play for something like that 99% of the time. The perfect opportunity was there when the ball was cleared out. 0.99% of the time the other team plays it out and the rest you're playing Liverpool.

There's just no reason to allow play like that to go on, scoring against a team with a player on the ground in the middle of the box and another scrambling to get up and back into some sort of position is not competitive and nor does it promote good sportsmanship.

* - that I'm capable of playing whilst often winning

• Like 2

If it had been a Liverpool player down or even if it had been Hayden, and we'd come away with the ball to counter, Dean would have stopped it cos he wouldn't have allowed play to go up the other end with a player down holding his head.

So it's absolutely fucking absurd that he allowed play to continue when they were putting the ball back into the area where the player was down holding his head. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

It was genuinely atrocious officiating. The rule is completely clear, if it’s a suspected head injury the ref has to stop play, I agree with others that if a goal had come immediately the decision was hard to make but the ball was cleared and he had a good amount of time to just halt play. Instead he chose to allow play to carry on with two players down in the middle of the area, one of them even being the one who played Jota onside. 

The pen decision was also rank imo, you can’t take the player first then the ball but Dean and VAR are never giving that for us. 

His run in front of Shelvey was also a fucking joke, why the fuck is he there? And if so why is he running across the ball like that? He clearly impeded Shelvey from pressing. 

One of the worst displays of officiating I’ve seen in a long time. I know the bloke is from the Wirral and claims to be a Tranmere fan iirc but whatever the case he shouldn’t be officiating Liverpool or Everton games, either he just had one of the worst ref displays I’ve seen by complete chance or something dodgy was going on but the fact there’s even a question of that is on the PL for allowing this plonker to be in charge of Liverpool games. 

Hard to look past those decisions for me in terms of the game, they were so egregious imo that it completely ruined the game. Imagine the fucking meltdown the teeth nasher would be having if those decisions were against him. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3