Happy New Year

Andrew

so, stopped practically on the beach at alnmouth last night in the van. lush but by god did it hammer down all night. lovely dog walk this morning along to boulmer and back.

set off at lunchtime homeward bound and got midway between durham and darlington on the a1 and the battery light comes on. crawls under the van and quickly works out that the alternator belt tensioner pulley's collapsed.

£30 part I could fit meself in half an hour.

but no, everwhere's shut. towed off the a1 to scotch corner services. aa bloke hasn't got the part and reckons the tow truck won't arrive to pick us up and take us to cheltenham till 7pm so we're expecting to see the new year in probably in the back of a recovery vehicle on the m5 just south of birmingham!

on the plus side, there's a mackem in the next bay where dead vehicles live at scotch corner services with a quite admittedly nice vw transporter but with a fucked driveshaft. just been telling me everything's set up sundlund for them to take off and they've got more supporters than man utd.

the bloke's inadvertently cheered me up no end!

a happy and prosperous new year to you all!

:lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 8

:lol:

I was, genuinely, about to offer you a sofa for the night at my gaff, until I saw that you’re halfway down the country. 

At least you’ve got the mackem to keep you entertained- ask him his thoughts on Berb Murray and Peytar Reid… just to remind him of how things could’ve been. :lol:

Happy New Year wherever you spend it mate. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You’d think he’d get fully onboard with banning Xmas given the slightest hint of anyone having fun seems to get right on his tits. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Oh yes happy new year everyone..... I was in bed at half 10 last night due to the current Mrs PL having a stinking cold...she's done 4 negative LFTs , still has her sense of taste and smell and I'm fine having also done 4 LFTs... we were invited round some friends but didn't think it was a good idea in the current climate :lol:

• Like 2