Howe's Pressing panzers v Steeeeeevie Geeeeeee's Beige Boring Bastards

wykikitoon

57 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Looks like Big Joe's not just having a purple patch btw. He's a fucking machine in midfield 

Aye. I wasn't getting carried away with his performances at first but he's an absolute monster in midfield now. Like having a new player. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. I wasn't getting carried away with his performances at first but he's an absolute monster in midfield now. Like having a new player. 

He’s been absolutely class. Had coutinho in his pocket today.

I’m desperate for Bruno to start but who do you leave out? All three have been superb the past couple of games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Looks like Big Joe's not just having a purple patch btw. He's a fucking machine in midfield 

aye.

hat doffed to fraser too, thought he had a decent game again. also dan burn, very reasonable debut. 

desperate for wood to get off the mark, and although obviously delighted with trippier's goal I would love to have seen wood bury the penalty had it went that way.

I'd love it if we come against the abysmal west ham I watched against kidderminster last week, there's no reason to think we couldn't get a point.

4 out of the next 6 would be tremendous, and at the risk of getting carried away mid table starts to look very achievable.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Was critical of Fraser after Leeds despite the win, and really thought him not good enough for a while after he came in. Very much a system player - Hendrick looks decent in a Dyche/Burnley or a McCarthy/Ireland side, but total shite even in Bruce's boiling soup of piss. 

Last couple of games, he's won my thinking over. Top performer! Not out of place when hoyed into RWB when Howe shifted it to a 5 at the back to minimalise the damage Tintin was causing. 

May not have noticed before, but against Everton and Villa noticed him get forward into that final 10 yard area to the byline, look for the cross and no fucker there.

This is my bodering on hatred for Wood, as I had for Carroll. Noticed Wood happy enough to win control of the ball back again, but never ever be between the width of the goal inside the box. Carroll was the worst for it mind, but whilst Wood is winning a few headers an that he lacks the hunger and killer instinct to score a goal.

Goes back to Fraser, noticed him look up for a cross, or ball in behind, and Wood isn't anywhere near. 

I think you're either a mackem mate or just off your fucking head.

Nowt personal like.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xa9as said:

Nowt personal, obviously.

Because, alternately, I would have taken it personal. Cheers. 

My best bet for you, is to stop thinking. 

Obviously, nowt personal

Classy marra

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m desperate for Bruno to start but who do you leave out?

For me that answer has always been that workshy prick Shelvey but even he has proven me completely wrong in the last few matches. 

• Like 1

Shelvey has definitely been playing well, I still don't trust him though.

For that alone (apart from the assumption that Bruno is a better player) I'd rather have Bruno in instead of him.

15 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Willock offers a lot of industry when he’s playing but he’d be the one I’d drop for Bruno atm.

Fair, Willock is a bit of a weird one, he's clearly playing better than he has but I still don't see what he does all that well?

Shelvey is the passer, Joelinton has the world biggest engine and his physicality, Willock...?

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Fair, Willock is a bit of a weird one, he's clearly playing better than he has but I still don't see what he does all that well?

Shelvey is the passer, Joelinton has the world biggest engine and his physicality, Willock...?

Yeah, agreed, he's the weakest of the trio currently. I also think he could make an impact coming on as a sub if needed. 

• Like 1

Might depend how badly broken it is, whether it's just a crack or proper break. I cracked a metatarsal as a kid, come to think of it it took me at least 6 months to get back to normal so maybe this isn't the good news point I was hoping to make... 

Erm, isn't modern medicine amazing though. 👍

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Gonna have surgery according to the Athletic, in an attempt to get him back ASAP. Not sure how that works? 

I think the surgery repairs the broken bone in some way ;) 

• Haha 9