Howe's Pressing panzers v Steeeeeevie Geeeeeee's Beige Boring Bastards

wykikitoon

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Let's make it 5 unbeaten in the league!  COME ON!  Let's hope Trips is fine.

I think we are all in agreement Bruno in for Shelvey. 

Top man. 3 points in the bank - all thanks to you 

Meme Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Looking at the table now.  I think for the releagtion battle you have the following involved;

Burnley
Watford
Norwich
Necastle
Everton
Leeds

I would also include Brentford who are in awful form.

Leeds next few fixtures are;

Villa (a) tonight. 
Everton (a)
Man Utd (h)

Liverpool (a)
Spurs (h)

Not an easy run that.  

• Like 1

would anyone take a point here to keep the unbeaten run going? beat villa and things don't look anywhere near as dire as they did a month ago, but it doesn't have the must-win feeling of the previous two games all of a sudden 

Interesting team selection for Howe. Manny for Target, however I’ve read that Burn can slot into Left back.

Also midfield. Bruno coming in seems obvious but Howe didn’t want to change the team that beat Leeds, will he want to change a 2 match winning team?

Bruno a nice option to bring on.

Ive no idea, don’t care and can’t wait for Sunday.

As I was saying in the Everton match thread my only worry for this game is the full backs. But as you say Tree, Burn can fill in for the ineligible Targett if Dummett is still going to be out. Thank god we don't have to rely on Ritchie to fill in any more. He's always game to play anywhere, but he simply doesn't have the instincts of a defender. At RB hopefully Trippier will shake off his calf issue, but if there's any doubt around it I'd rather we wrapped him in cotton wool and played Manquillo who, while has a mistake in him, rarely lets us down. We obviously don't want Tripps' injury to turn into a Wilson saga. It's odd to say it about a right back, but Trippier could literally be the difference for us from now until the end of the season. But yeah Villa are nothing special, and hopefully Gerrard's new manager bounce is starting to wane.

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I don’t think he’ll change starting XI, apart from Targett obvs. Bruno will get more game time but doubt he’ll start tbh.

I don't see why not. Bruno improves our first XI. Of course it will be slightly harsh to drop any of our midfielders based on last night' performance but they'll all get a chance between now and the end of the season. If Bruno and Burn are fit then start them, you want to be putting out your best team rather than just the side who played the last match.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

would anyone take a point here to keep the unbeaten run going? beat villa and things don't look anywhere near as dire as they did a month ago, but it doesn't have the must-win feeling of the previous two games all of a sudden 

It’s Villa. 

Anything less than dry bumfucking to death them will always be a let-down. 

I hope we destroy them. 

• Haha 3

Got some good friends who are Villa fans but can't stand the club or Birmingham as a place. Also the west midlands police are cunts. And Gerrard is a cunt. I will love it if we beat them. LOVE it.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I don’t think he’ll change starting XI, apart from Targett obvs. Bruno will get more game time but doubt he’ll start tbh.

I think you're probably right, but he could drop Shelvey and tell him it's because he could easily have picked up a red and changed the game for the stupid challenge he made.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I don't see why not. Bruno improves our first XI. Of course it will be slightly harsh to drop any of our midfielders based on last night' performance but they'll all get a chance between now and the end of the season. If Bruno and Burn are fit then start them, you want to be putting out your best team rather than just the side who played the last match.

Don’t disagree at all but his comments about Bruno still learning - where to position himself at set pieces etc. makes me think he’ll ease him in. 

Don’t have an issue either way tbh. Certain he will put out what he considers his best team on the day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Magedia.

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Trevor Sinclair pumping us up again as well. He's been taking the piss out of Simon Jordan as well for saying Trippier only came for the money. 

Talksports 'good cop, bad cop' routine to get the fans back listening after people sussed their baiting and sacked it off. (Apart from Wykiki, of course). :lol:

• Haha 3