Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

54 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Any player at a big club will be CL cup tied during this window tbf 

Nah, UEFA scrapped the cup tied rules years ago.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Nah, UEFA scrapped the cup tied rules years ago.

Isn't it reset for the knockout stages anyways, and has been for pretty much ever?

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

image.thumb.png.74a3830533de9b4dee9f0d980814aacf.png

We have an opportunity here to do something very, very funny.

No No No GIF

On 07/01/2024 at 13:32, ewerk said:

image.thumb.png.74a3830533de9b4dee9f0d980814aacf.png

We have an opportunity here to do something very, very funny.

I cannot see this happening at all. Although it would be hilarious to see the meltdown but ultimately the transfer is dead in the water.

I know a lot here maybe won’t like this but Phillips would give us a little bit of steel we need.

50 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Chat t'darn ere is we are after Crysencio Summerville.  He player right wing and has a right foot so that would be nice.

If we are after right wing we should get Joey Barton back

• Haha 9

On 03/01/2024 at 15:08, Dr Gloom said:

i'm getting a bit bored of the club pretending to be mr nice guy to the established elite. i want to see a big fuck you statement to the european super league wankers. announce some absurd stadium naming rights deal to help finance a january splurge then raid the saudi pro league. fuck em. 

well trying to be nice hasn't worked for us. they slap us and we turn the other cheek. i reckon you lot should try fucking them all. and if it works out, our lot and one or two others might follow. if you get screwed over well never mind 😏

1 minute ago, LondonBlue said:

well trying to be nice hasn't worked for us. they slap us and we turn the other cheek. i reckon you lot should try fucking them all. and if it works out, our lot and one or two others might follow. if you get screwed over well never mind 😏

If breaking FFP rules was purely a financial concern I'd happily spend a fortune and smash it to bits, but a points deduction is not something we can afford to be messing around with. 

Thanks to Chelsea we can't sign players on prison contracts either. What we need is a stock of saleable assets whose value has been fluffed by virtue of playing for a club that's performing well. Had it not been for the injuries I'm sure players like Dubravka, Murphy, Willock, Lascelles, Targett would be considered for sales and their values would have been higher at the end of last season than they are now. Sell them for anywhere between £5 and £35m, get their wages off the books and replace them with real quality. 

I read that Italy has changed their tax break law so Serie A clubs can't offer the same wages that they once could, meaning players may be thinking of leaving Europe's boot and there'll be players who were on their way who may be thinking twice. The Saudi project doesn't seem to be working out how they expected, so there may be players there we could sign too. 

I dunno, January is a very difficult window and we can expect no favours from Premier League clubs. I'd expect another domestic loan, and a couple of players from the continent be they on loan or permanent. There are 2-3 holes in the squad that are a priority.; DM and FW definitely, and RW maybe?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

If breaking FFP rules was purely a financial concern I'd happily spend a fortune and smash it to bits, but a points deduction is not something we can afford to be messing around with. 

Thanks to Chelsea we can't sign players on prison contracts either. What we need is a stock of saleable assets whose value has been fluffed by virtue of playing for a club that's performing well. Had it not been for the injuries I'm sure players like Dubravka, Murphy, Willock, Lascelles, Targett would be considered for sales and their values would have been higher at the end of last season than they are now. Sell them for anywhere between £5 and £35m, get their wages off the books and replace them with real quality. 

I read that Italy has changed their tax break law so Serie A clubs can't offer the same wages that they once could, meaning players may be thinking of leaving Europe's boot and there'll be players who were on their way who may be thinking twice. The Saudi project doesn't seem to be working out how they expected, so there may be players there we could sign too. 

I dunno, January is a very difficult window and we can expect no favours from Premier League clubs. I'd expect another domestic loan, and a couple of players from the continent be they on loan or permanent. There are 2-3 holes in the squad that are a priority.; DM and FW definitely, and RW maybe?

Not sure breaking FFP rules is that much of a worry as long as you play in red

• Haha 2