Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

But Gordon's form means Joelinton and Willock won't join up on that left side like they did last season. 

We play with 3 in midfield. Bruno has to start, but to get the best out of him, he needs physicality and/or tenacity around him. So that means 2 from Joelinton, Longstaff, Miley and Willock. Of those 4 only Longstaff and Joelinton can be relied upon to give the bite we need in midfield. Willock is basically a more narrow left winger, imo. In that position we have Barnes and Gordon, plus Joelinton or Isak at a fucking push. 

As I've said, if we didn't have financial restraints, or if we had the full strength team, I wouldn't countenance selling Willock.

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Guess the poster who has too much time on their hands?

I would say me but even if I had the excel knowledge would I fuck be making a spreadsheet out about it. I sometimes envy fish his drive to get stuck into his hobby because I sure as fuck don't have it. :lol:

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

willock is above almiron in the pecking order. and i sill think we keep miggy as a squad player 

Really? I'm not sure. 

Willock is behind Bruno, Joelinton and arguably Longstaff and Tonali in midfield. 

He's certainly behind Gordon and arguably Barnes on the left.

Whereas Almiron is the first choice right winger, even when everyone is fit.

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I would say me but even if I had the excel knowledge would I fuck be making a spreadsheet out about it. I sometimes envy fish his drive to get stuck into his hobby because I sure as fuck don't have it. :lol:

You wouldn't believe how motivated I am to avoid doing my actual work. Which is dicking about with coding and excel, for what it's worth. 

• Like 2

Just now, The Fish said:

You wouldn't believe how motivated I am to avoid doing my actual work. Which is dicking about with coding and excel, for what it's worth. 

That's fair enough. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's fair enough. :lol:

Genuinely thought I'd hit gold when I was given an apprentice to 'help with my workload' :lol: . Trouble is, she's thick as fuck and can't follow simple step by step instructions. Also, she doesn't understand fractions; 36/30 because "there's 36 of them and 30 were successful"... I swear to God.

So I end up having to actually undo her work, and do it again with her watching which means I can't open the file I've made which does it for me automatically. 

She's also emailed a senior manager to say a report would be delayed, she sent " Hi [Name Redacted], soz about this, but the SDM will be late cos of people being off over Xmas. Cheers  [Name redacted] 😝"

And she's hoping for a job at the end of this?

41 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Really? I'm not sure. 

Willock is behind Bruno, Joelinton and arguably Longstaff and Tonali in midfield. 

He's certainly behind Gordon and arguably Barnes on the left.

Whereas Almiron is the first choice right winger, even when everyone is fit.

disagree. willock starts when everyone is fit. even if it means shunting gordon over to the right

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

A couple of comments saying Wilson is going in the other direction 🤷🏻‍♂️ :unsure:

smacks a bit of chris wood, but we shouldn' be letting wilson go as part of the deal. we need three strikers 

I would be happy with that deal, while Wilson has been great, he is always injured and on the decline

I think Solanke has been having a great season but yes we do need another striker.

Solanke much better than Chris wood iyam

• Like 1

Also, I think, should that happen, we’d still be in the market for a striker in the summer. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Wilson wants the move as well. He used to travel down every week to see his family but I subsequently heard that was resolved (which I assume meant they’d moved up here).

Perhaps they havent settled which has led to this exchange 

Anyway, I can’t see this happening. Solanke would cost a fortune. 

Edited by Holden McGroin

2 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

I heard Wilson is on the move as he has had one too many groin injuries and needs some time away to focus on getting fit again, that right wykiki? :D

Free transfer to Leeds on the cards.

• Haha 2

I'd be livid if we sold Willock before Almiron. Fish has a good point about how heavily loaded we are on the left though. And none of the them seem to be as useful on the right wing. Gordon given time perhaps?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I wonder if Wilson wants the move as well. He used to travel down every week to see his family but I subsequently heard that was resolved (which I assume meant they’d moved up here).

Perhaps they havent settled which has led to this exchange 

Anyway, I can’t see this happening. Solanke would cost a fortune. 

Yeah they’re saying 50 mill. At that price it’s a no from me, and it’s almost certainly a no in this window too regardless of whether Bournemouth want to do business (they won’t) Think we’ll

be in for him in the summer though…

Edited by PaddockLad

Aye he's on a great run of form but he's been a hot and cold player for a few years now. We'd definitely be overpaying if we tried to get him when he's on a hot streak. Don't see the club doing it. 

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Dave’s rolled out his own personal spreadsheets in the first couple of weeks of the new year :D 

xls-cellent :good:

Freak In The Sheets Mug Funny Spreadsheet Excel Coffee Mug (11 Oz ...

:smile:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Seems a bit rich to constantly complain about FFP and seemingly only focus attention on the hyper inflated English player market 

Aye :lol:. I’m not a fan of either player but that Guirassy we’ve been linked to seems a far better option for the price, Solanke is likely just in a purple patch this season.