Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

It's hilairous :lol: 

They were desperately playing up Onana's passing skills once people started posting clips of his blunders at Inter and before. Antony provides comedic value at best and they've turned against Mount already :lol: I've no idea what the Hojlund lad will be like.

Hope Ten Hag manages to scrape on a couple of more years and truly dismantle their finances paying 80M for players worth less than half of that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Hoping there's a chance for a CB loan deal somewhere still. With the number of games this season can we really expect to cross our fingers and hope Schar and Botman stay fit? 

Many of us including myself thought Burn would be reasonable cover at CB with Hall in. I'm a bit less confident about that after Sunday.

He's not played CB in a good while  and was moved there after 70 minutes as a fullback where you have to cover a lot more ground. I'm more critical of Howe for that than I am of Burn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

His abject failure under the pressure at Chelsea will surely mean he’ll thrive under the even larger pressure at Man Utd :lol: 

You mean like Maguire :lol: 

I love the 'Pep wanted him'

If he wanted him, he would have got him, no bother.

• Like 1

I remember thinking Cucurela looked very good against us when he played for Brighton. I don’t know what has happened to him since signing for Chelsea or whether he can rediscover his previous form. Probably worth a punt on loan 

12 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

They must have only wanted to pay a paltry part of his wages you'd have to assume for it to not have been agreed. A bit disappointing what has happened with Hayden, he was really a promising talent with an attacking threat and excellent at breaking up play, played well with both feet and never got stuck with his head down. Only 28 so hopefully he gets over his injury issues and finds a team to leave a mark on so he can piss off and we can put his wages to better use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, OTF said:

They must have only wanted to pay a paltry part of his wages you'd have to assume for it to not have been agreed. A bit disappointing what has happened with Hayden, he was really a promising talent with an attacking threat and excellent at breaking up play, played well with both feet and never got stuck with his head down. Only 28 so hopefully he gets over his injury issues and finds a team to leave a mark on so he can piss off and we can put his wages to better use.

he was good when we were shit. shame about his injuries. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

No he was never good.  I really can't work out why people have that opinion of him.  He was one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen play for us.

Happened to a lot of our players since takeover, this idea Howe could somehow turn them into brilliant players despite them clearly being Championship players. Jamal Lewis was another one that a lot claimed could do a job despite him being absolutely shite.

The reality is Hayden is a championship player who ran about and put a shift in for a dog shit side. He signed a nice big contract before the takeover happened and is happy to sit on it, which I won’t slate him for but I also won’t wish the cunt well as he’s a complete waste of the clubs resources. Look forward to the day he’s off our books along with Manquillo, Hendricks, etc. It’s another reason the whole “great servant” shite does my head in, they’re crap players on contracts they should never have been given and it’s been proven by the fact the club literally cannot give them away, I’ve no praise for them. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

No he was never good.  I really can't work out why people have that opinion of him.  He was one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen play for us.

he was better than jack colback. 

16 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

That's Rubbish. In his early years for us he was notably better than a load of midfielders who have played for us over the last 20 years. You must be forgetting some of the shit we've had; Geremi, Alan Smith, Butt, Guthrie, Gonzales, Gosling, Amalfitano, Colback, Saivet, Marveaux, Bigirimana etc.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OTF said:

That's Rubbish. In his early years for us he was notably better than a load of midfielders who have played for us over the last 20 years. You must be forgetting some of the shit we've had; Geremi, Alan Smith, Butt, Guthrie, Gonzales, Gosling, Amalfitano, Colback, Saivet, Marveaux, Bigirimana etc.

I was only thinking of player who played more than five or six games so that rules out a fair few of those.  Smith and Geremi (despite looking like he was 90 by the time he played here) were better players.  Guthrie, Colback & Gosling were about on a par, ie equally as average.  I clearly go back further than you though as I can remember how shite Pat Heard and Gary Megson were for us.  And lets not forget the mighty Fumaca.

But I remember quality players like McCreery, Lee, Speed, Clark, Cabaye, Batty, Venison, Bracewell (off the top of my head).  Hayden isn't fit to lace any of their boots.  He just looked slightly better than some of the other dross we had playing at the time.  That does not make a good player!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I was only thinking of player who played more than five or six games so that rules out a fair few of those.  Smith and Geremi (despite looking like he was 90 by the time he played here) were better players.  Guthrie, Colback & Gosling were about on a par, ie equally as average.  I clearly go back further than you though as I can remember how shite Pat Heard and Gary Megson were for us.  And lets not forget the mighty Fumaca.

But I remember quality players like McCreery, Lee, Speed, Clark, Cabaye, Batty, Venison, Bracewell (off the top of my head).  Hayden isn't fit to lace any of their boots.  He just looked slightly better than some of the other dross we had playing at the time.  That does not make a good player!

i don't think anyone is arguing he is good for where we are now. but for where we were then, i thought he was alright. he worked his arse off, which stands out when you're playing in a side as as ordinary as the ones he had to. he was one of rafa's signings, wasn't he? 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season