Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

46 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ramsey looks exactly the sort of player Howe would identify. But surely he’s going to be around £50m and we apparently don’t have a pot to piss in. 

Where are these bargains from overseas that Ashworth was brought in to identify?

I wouldn’t take Howe at his word like…but if we’re selling Miggy to Saudi their window closes today 😬

Is Ashworth the recruitment guru or is he a policy and philosophy dude?… I honestly have no idea. If you listen to Brighton supporters it Tony Bloom who is the brains behind their brilliant recruitment policy. His betting company has access to underlying stats that others don’t apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Im pretty sure his model was to predominantly get young, raw, talented players in and loan them out for a year or two. Eg Minteh.

Very few have gone straight into first team. 

The model was Tony Bloom's own data scouting hub - like he was at the FA, Ashworth was a very good middle-man.

Ashworth doesn't buy someone like Karou Mitoma from Japan - it's more down to Tony Bloom and his Brighton data scouting matrix

22 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

The model was Tony Bloom's own data scouting hub - like he was at the FA, Ashworth was a very good middle-man.

Ashworth doesn't buy someone like Karou Mitoma from Japan - it's more down to Tony Bloom and his Brighton data scouting matrix

Yes. That’s what I’ve basically just said

well done slow clap GIF by PlayStation

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I still think our seeming over-reliance on a English based recruitment is going to fuck us.

Cliche, but Harvey Barnes will lierally be a new signing, Tino has barely played. 

I'm worried if we've got Hall that can't get a game ahead of Ritchie, and we are in for £50M for a player that Villa want to sell.

3 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

I still think our seeming over-reliance on a English based recruitment is going to fuck us.

Cliche, but Harvey Barnes will lierally be a new signing, Tino has barely played. 

I'm worried if we've got Hall that can't get a game ahead of Ritchie, and we are in for £50M for a player that Villa want to sell.

Thinking Think GIF by Originals

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Friend Poo GIF

I would have been nice to see Gordon at least play at Wembley against Canada, or away against Malta...

Won the U21 Euro's, Player of Tournament, playing CL, scoring goals, best English natural winger even on the left - byline! 

41 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tbf, he couldn’t google Tony Bloom before you mentioned him 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbf, he couldn’t google Tony Bloom before you mentioned him 

Wrong, very wrong. I've sadly watched Brighton play at the Withdean Stadium - I know who Tony Bloom is.

17 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Wrong, very wrong. I've sadly watched Brighton play at the Withdean Stadium - I know who Tony Bloom is.

Theres absolutely nothing you could say beyond physical proof of match tickets and a time stamped photo of you in the crowd that day that would make me believe you weren’t lying about this :cuppa: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Anyone else seeing this when they read any of Nefilim's posts?

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cyncltocd04mkffq275mg

I sadly see them but my brain hears them in the "gay frogs" voice of Alex Jones

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Theres absolutely nothing you could say beyond physical proof of match tickets and a time stamped photo of you in the crowd that day that would make me believe you weren’t lying about this :cuppa: 

Meh - fuck cares. I've seen Robert Prosineki, Paul Merson, Ronaldinho, and wor Pav play.

3 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I sadly see them but my brain hears them in the "gay frogs" voice of Alex Jones

Google 'Atrazine'. It's a bigger worry in the US - but it should emhphasis what we are putting in out bodies.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Google 'Atrazine'. It's a bigger worry in the US - but it should emhphasis what we are putting in out bodies.

Fart Sound GIF

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nefilim said:

Meh - fuck cares. I've seen Robert Prosineki, Paul Merson, Ronaldinho, and wor Pav play.

Meh, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Meh, I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate

Sad Science Fiction GIF by patternbase

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nefilim said:

Meh - fuck cares..... 🎵Ooh I've been to Georgia and California, oh, anywhere I could run

Took the hand of a preacher man and we made love in the sun

But I ran out of places and friendly faces because I had to be free

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.🎶

contagious love GIF

• Haha 6