Jump to content

Transfers, 2023-24 season


trophyshy
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don’t know anything about him but he is 21 and has only made one PL appearance.

 

I think we are going for young players that have a reputation within the game rather than what fans see. 


my West Ham mate down here says he’s highly rated and they don’t want to lose him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I don’t know anything about him but he is 21 and has only made one PL appearance.

 

I think we are going for young players that have a reputation within the game rather than what fans see. 


Jody Craddock told a mate that Bellamy was the fastest player he’d played against and an absolute nightmare to mark the week before we signed him. We as fans largely know fuck all about how to judge a player. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Maddison in the summer makes much more sense anyway. Leicester are nowhere near safe yet and he could easily make the difference in terms of them staying up. Come June he’s only got 12 months left so it’s their last chance to cash in, they’ll have already had their fingers burnt after Tielemans leaves for nothing. They’ll also have the summer to source a replacement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s rumours kicking around that Leicester are close to signing Tete and Jack Harrison, so possibly related to Maddison leaving but who knows. I think Gordon and Maddison coming in would be a fucking ridiculous transfer window by us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Zero idea if this bloke is any more reliable than Sean Casey but it’s silly season so I’ll share it anyway 

 

 


Like every person on Twitter who makes up transfers and pretends to know things this lad is half chancer, half taking the piss. 
 

I don’t understand why people give these sad acts the time of day.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems unlikely that Rogers would risk Maddison today in the FA cup if he was leaving as someone said above. He's just played 60 odd minutes for them before being subbed. 

Edited by Polarboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tom said:


Like every person on Twitter who makes up transfers and pretends to know things this lad is half chancer, half taking the piss. 
 

I don’t understand why people give these sad acts the time of day.


something to do innit

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Howay said:

There’s rumours kicking around that Leicester are close to signing Tete and Jack Harrison, so possibly related to Maddison leaving but who knows. I think Gordon and Maddison coming in would be a fucking ridiculous transfer window by us. 

Harrison wont be cheap so surely Maddison or Tielemans are leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

It seems unlikely that Rogers would risk Maddison today in the FA cup if he was leaving as someone said above. He's just played 60 odd minutes for them before being subbed. 

While I don’t think we will sign Maddison I don’t see this logic at all. Even if there is discussions taking place why would he weaken his side because of a possible deal? People in football aren’t as panicked about injuries as that. Plus I don’t think Rodgers would have been massively worried if a deal fell through anyway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Howay said:

While I don’t think we will sign Maddison I don’t see this logic at all. Even if there is discussions taking place why would he weaken his side because of a possible deal? People in football aren’t as panicked about injuries as that. Plus I don’t think Rodgers would have been massively worried if a deal fell through anyway. 

 

It's my understanding that if you think a player might be going, and part of the reason for him going is likely because you need the funds to reinvest, then you aren't going to risk tens of millions of pounds when the player has to pass a medical before joining a new club. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, OTF said:

 

Just don't forget about this when your mate starts spouting crap next transfer window and you're tempted to believe him again.

 

In the...

John Candy No GIF by Laff

He's been pretty right tho, in the past, especially during the takeover; and he's an old guffa with no points to prove. Maybe someone wanting to buy Wood was a surprise? :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

 

It's my understanding that if you think a player might be going, and part of the reason for him going is likely because you need the funds to reinvest, then you aren't going to risk tens of millions of pounds when the player has to pass a medical before joining a new club. 

I know, I’m saying I disagree with that logic. Why would Rodgers, a manager that’s somewhat clinging onto his job care? He’s going to put out the best side he can, he won’t want rid of Maddison and Tete and Harrison would be a downgrade, so to me his only thinking would be winning now managing the side he has and not worrying about an injury to a player who may or may not be sold. Harrison played today as well, I’m pretty sure Trippier played the day or so before he signed for us.
 

Fwiw I think us signing Maddison is unlikely, I can see us either being done or signing a youth prospect but my point is Rodgers playing him today is no bearing on whether Maddison is going or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.