Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Whoa!!!

The Knight is a bleeding heart, lefty, tree-hugging, seagull… hating, coast dweller??

paulie-walnuts-498-x-308-gif-gc17xzu0mos

I'm pretty sure he was from Seaton Delaval, just like the fish which, when you look at their writing styles and content, starts to make a bit of sense. (Obviously the knight, unlike the fish, knows what the punters want so makes his posts a bit easier to read and throws the odd NUFC chant in his pieces). :good:

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm pretty sure he was from Seaton Delaval, just like the fish which, when you look at their writing styles and content, starts to make a bit of sense. (Obviously the knight, unlike the fish, knows what the punters want so makes his posts a bit easier to read and throws the odd NUFC chant in his pieces). :good:

-Stares Seaton Sluicerly-

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There are no guarantees of incremental progress though. All 20 teams in the league want a better squad and a better league finish than the year before. But it's just as easy to pull a Chelsea or a Leicester.

We are one of two teams outside the big 6 to make the champions league in the past 18 years. We need to grasp the opportunity with both hands. If we waited another 2-3 years it then becomes harder to hold onto Bruno, Botman, Isak etc

No, no guarantees, and I wouldn't swap it now, I'm just wondering if we'll struggle to compete in all competitions next year because our progress has been so dramatic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

main-qimg-c16e6227853afc08519d991ebf7029

I do not know from where you get the fucking nerve to question my aridity.

Sarcastic The Audacity GIF by Amazon miniTV

• Haha 2

Apparently the idea is the same as Kuol; stick him straight out on loan. Hopefully not Scotland this time.

• Like 1

That's the thing about these Ashworth hidden gem signings; you need patience. You have to wait a season or two of loans before they are ready for the first team squad. It was the same with Mitoma, Undav etc at Brighton. 

• Like 1

When you look at the squad ages and who they've brought in for developmental it makes sense. Wilson is over 30 now and we Kuol who is already on loan and likely to head out again this year. Miggy is 29 and this guy is a (according to the thread above) left footer who cuts in on the right. Again in two years Miggy maybe slowing down or being phased out. Be interesting if we see a CB similar to Schar being bought and loaned. Obviously it isn't going to always pan out and you will have to spend big on ready replacements but it's a start on planning.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Dominik Szoboszlai allegedly got fined for openly saying hes interested in a newcastle move, cant find any quotes of it though, just lots of articles repeating it. 

https://www.kicker.de/954077/artikel/szoboszlai-spricht-offen-von-wechsel-und-veraergert-seine-chefs

He said that he wouldn’t say no if one of the top six clubs in Europe were interested. But the general consensus in the press is that it doesn’t rule out a move to Newcastle.

The club isn’t happy as they are facing Frankfurt in the German cup final today.

• Like 2

Supposedly the RB higher ups are open to selling him, with it being partly down to him being disruptive to the team with his comments in the interview he did in Hungary. So if we do want him the only obstacles seems to be agreeing a price, just paying the full clause and avoiding any rivals for his signature. 

https://sportwitness.co.uk/player-open-transfer-thanks-concrete-interest-newcastle-deal/

Edit. Having read the kicker article that Isegrim posted there's perhaps not much new info in what I posted above, apart from perhaps the assertion that RB are open to moving him on. Then again I suppose they don't have much choice regardless if someone meets the clause in his contract and he wants to go.  

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Leipzig do also have to make a lit of money to meet UEFA FFP demands.

well we have a fuck ton of money so...

brent-fingers.gif

• Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season