Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

I strongly suspect that if we sign Gordon that will be our only business in this window. 

More spend now will result in less during the summer when availability will be better. 

As for Anthony Gordon, he's been the standout shining light in a really shit Everton side over the past 18 months and he's only 21. There's been flashes of brilliance in that time and I can only see the coaching of Howe et al taking him to the next level. Personally I think it's a great signing and sits right in the mould of the squad we're building. 

Howe dropped a hint earlier in the month when he said we’re light in midfield. It’s hardly a scoop to say we’re in tne market for one. Whether we can do a deal this month is another matter.

It’s a calculated gamble. If signing players in January help us to 4th it won’t matter that we’ve pulled forward the summer spending. We’ll have a higher FFP ceiling thanks to the champions league money and the fat stacks from our new “fair value” commercial deals 

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck how much a transfer costs is. Plenty of very rich experienced business sharks to sort all of this stuff out over the next few years as the cash rolls in.

As for Gordon, I’ve seen glimpses of him and always thought he looked dangerous. Having now just watched a showreel, I thinks he going to be phenomenal for us.

Given his age, the skills, dribbling and shooting ability he has is amazing. He seems such a quick thinker on the ball as well. 

Absolutely a big yes from me and very excited to see him play.

I think it’s a cracking deal ;) 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Howe dropped a hint earlier in the month when he said we’re light in midfield. It’s hardly a scoop to say we’re in tne market for one. Whether we can do a deal this month is another matter.

It’s a calculated gamble. If signing players in January help us to 4th it won’t matter that we’ve pulled forward the summer spending. We’ll have a higher FFP ceiling thanks to the champions league money and the fat stacks from our new “fair value” commercial deals 

tactical necessity

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If signing players in January help us to 4th it won’t matter that we’ve pulled forward the summer spending. We’ll have a higher FFP ceiling thanks to the champions league money and the fat stacks from our new “fair value” commercial deals 

With respect, it's a big 'if' and absolutely no guarantee we will finish in the top 4. I'd be very surprised if the club were planning for a summer with CL revenue on the forecast. 

Wood leaving was the catalyst for us going for Gordon IMO. Had he not gone to Forest I doubt we'd have had any incoming at all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

With respect, it's a big 'if' and absolutely no guarantee we will finish in the top 4. I'd be very surprised if the club were planning for a summer with CL revenue on the forecast. 

Wood leaving was the catalyst for us going for Gordon IMO. Had he not gone to Forest I doubt we'd have had any incoming at all. 

Alright, Luke Edwards 

• Haha 6

Possibly more agent / press bollocks, but if Liverpool and Man Utd are sniffing around Maddison then I can see us pushing the boat out now to ensure we get him.

Edited by MrBass

Not convinced about Gordon either but he has potential so more than happy to trust Howe. 60M would have been a rip off. 40M sounds about right in the current market. 

The point some people have made about him fititng in this team is a fair one. With his pace, intensity and shithousery ;) What we did on Tuesday, the ability to bring on 2 players who can run you ragged, he will add to that capability for now even if he isn't a starter anytime soon. 

I really hope we can squeeze in a clever loan deal for a midfielder and CB before the window closes. A couple of injuries in those positions and there goes our CL challenge. It's going to be really hard now to convince anyone to let someone of real quality go at this stage of the window though.

Edited by aimaad22
  • Like 1

I think Gordon will play a lot over the rest of the season, likely on the left side. He’s a target we’ve clearly been tracking since the summer but the price was too high then, all of our long term/well scouted targets have hit so far which makes me trust that Gordon will be a good fit. 

Like anyone I don’t want to really judge him based on the performances I’ve seen because I think Lampard is a fucking joke of a manager, it’s like rating the players under Bruce tbf - so I’m happy to wait and see how he does for us but I’m excited we’ve brought another player in. I don’t give a flying fuck what the Everton fans opinions are on him tbh. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Not convinced about Gordon either but he has potential so more than happy to trust Howe. 60M would have been a rip off. 40M sounds about right in the current market. 

The point some people have made about him fititng in this team is a fair one. With his pace, intensity and shithousery ;) What we did on Tuesday, the ability to bring on 2 players who can run you ragged, he will add to that capability for now even if he isn't a starter anytime soon. 

I really hope we can squeeze in a clever loan deal for a midfielder and CB before the window closes. A couple of injuries in those positions and there goes our CL challenge. It's going to be really hard now to convince anyone to let someone of real quality go at this stage of the window though.

chelsea have got more midfielders and forwards than they know what to do with. Gallagher is a realistic loan with option to buy move for us 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

chelsea have got more midfielders and forwards than they know what to do with. Gallagher is a realistic loan with option to buy move for us 

It's been reported that Chelsea don't want to strengthen anyone in or around the top four on the off chance they can claw back the gap and qualify for the CL. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye something of that sort would have to be it. Or a more obscure deal from Europe for a wantaway player. Everybody knows we mean serious business now, while clubs like Chelsea will see us as rivals now and may not want to do any favours, players will be a lot more inclined to push for moves. 

Edited by aimaad22

33 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Alright, Luke Edwards 

That’s mean.

Even CN doesn’t deserve this tbh.

I am with Craig though. I do think that’s our business done this window. Caulkin and Ornstein do think so, too.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Personally I couldn’t give a fuck how much a transfer costs is. Plenty of very rich experienced business sharks to sort all of this stuff out over the next few years as the cash rolls in.

As for Gordon, I’ve seen glimpses of him and always thought he looked dangerous. Having now just watched a showreel, I thinks he going to be phenomenal for us.

Given his age, the skills, dribbling and shooting ability he has is amazing. He seems such a quick thinker on the ball as well. 

Absolutely a big yes from me and very excited to see him play.

790h3f.jpg.a12264c8bb18fda4886aa0a3b5929a58.jpg

• Haha 7

I fucking HATED him for Everton but he looks a good player. I don't know why the fuck people get worked up about the cost either. It's not your money and players cost what they cost. So fucking shut your face. 

The management team have more than earned the right to sign whoever the fuck they like. Once they've got a few fuckups under their belt, we can start asking questions. 

• Like 10

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season