Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:lol: Chelsea have lost the plot like. £115m apparently, higher than his £105m release clause so they can pay in installments (irrelevant for FFP since that’s based on contract length not payment structure). 

They’re surely going to be buckled? It’s close to what? £600m this season? So even if they were all on 10 year contracts (which they aren’t) that’s a £60m per year FFP hit ignoring wages etc, so factor in wages, bonuses and other clauses and it’s surely close to £100m FFP hit every year before you even factor in the players they already had, and transfer fees they’re still amortizing (Lukaku, Havertz, Ziyech etc). Call it £150m a season FFP hit, they’d have to have around £350m income on their bottom line for FFP purposes just to clear that £105m loss over a 3 year period hurdle? That’s a fucking high bar considering CL is a long shot for next season, and it’s not even factoring in the different FFP for European purposes, they must have nearly 35 first team squad members. 

• Like 1

They're spreading the spend over a number of years aren't they. Even the Enzo proposal is supposed to be in installments. Could be 25M a year or something like that. 

I'm harbouring the hope they fail to qualify for the CL for a couple of years and end up with some sort of liquidity issues. 

• Like 1

Interesting that it looks like Gordon put in a transfer request to leave Everton, they just put out a statement about him leaving and stated that in there. We’re massive now lads. Not Sunderland massive, as we all know we all dream of one day playing the type of attacking football that the “new entertainers” as they are now being dubbed play, I guess we will just have to console ourselves by being such a big draw that one of the countries biggest prospects puts in a transfer request to join us from his boyhood club, and maybe some CL football will soften the blow next year. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Surely they've fucked their next 10 transfer windows though?

Seem to be a putting a lot of faith in the Potter project. I wonder what they'll do if it doesn't work out with him and they've spent a few years' budget on his players. Will they be as patient as Arsenal have with Arteta? Arsenal didn't have the same outlay though and could afford a few years in and out of the CL. 

Although I did say it was unfortunate that Shelvey didn't get a chance this season through injury, he has to go before this window closes. I don't see the club wanting him to trigger the contract extension which is apparently 3 games away. Seeing him away allows us movement on wages. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So it won’t happen but it might :lol: Never change, Luke 

Everything he writes has a negative slant. He’s such a wind up merchant 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

They wont deal with us as top 4 rivals but Arsenal is fine? 

They're not catching arsenal this season now though, us and Man u are their best chance.

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season