Howe's Beautiful Brazilian vs Tuchel's Tall Turgid Tosspot's

wykikitoon

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t know what the legal process is in Saudi Arabia but would you trust these trials to be fair? Also I have somewhat mixed feelings about capital punishment in that while I think some people deserve it, I don’t think it acts as a deterrent and I don’t think any state should be killing people. Also, one execution of an innocent person is one too many. That aside, I seriously doubt many of the people commenting (including the journalists) actually have any clue about the context of these executions or the conflict in Yemen. I also doubt they give a shit about either of those things 

Exactly, that’s why you shouldn’t get drawn into the argument at all. It’s almost impossible to find the right words, especially if you are a mere football manager. You would find yourself quick enough in a discussion about whataboutism.

Saudi Arabia is a state with a heinous record in regards of human rights. Their legal system is nothing that we would accept in the western legal culture. The merits of capital punishment are dubious regardless of one person getting executed or 81 and regardless of the crimes committed.

All of this has got fuck all to do with how the club is run by the investment arm and especially not with the work of the manager.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, toonotl said:

On a separate but related note: the PIF need to start bribing the refs like the other big clubs do.

I've seen the Murphy *CORNER* back again after watching it live and then posting about it here in a massive tanty so I missed most the replay of it on the broadcast. It must be one of the worst no penalty decisions I've ever seen. The Chelsea player has a massive fistful of his shirt the entire time and trips Murphy not once but TWICE! That's three infringements and then the ref gives a fuckin' corner!

Honestly, the red card is a 70/30 or 80/20 situation for me in favour it being a red but it's not quite a stonewall every day of the week kind of thing because of a few factors, which shouldn't (but often do) result in the ref keeping it to a yellow in that scenario.

But the penalty claim! Fuck me sideways. That is utterly despicable refereeing. It's a penalty MULTIPLE times! And every infringement is a blatant penalty on its own merits.

Absolutely this for me.

The only reason the KSA subject has ramped up so intently is because Chelsea, one of their media darlings are in trouble.

Even a cursory bit of research would tell you that the situations aren’t comparable once you apply some basic critical thinking. 

Also the term “whataboutery” doesn’t instantly win a discussion & comparing + contrasting other situations does inform you further of your own. 

It’s better than solely working with absolutes where in which everyone looks pretty stupid, pretty quickly.

• Like 6

The Football Association are seeking observations from Newcastle around Isaac Hayden’s post-match Tweet following yesterday’s defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Newcastle lost to a late Kai Havertz goal but many felt the German was lucky to be on the pitch after he was booked when he caught Magpies defender Dan Burn with an elbow.

Referee David Coote also turned down strong penalty appeals from Newcastle after Jacob Murphy was brought down.

Hayden, who is currently out of action through injury, posted ‘Some performance from the boys against 12 men today’ on Twitter after the final whistle.

I know what my fucking observation would be.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

True Faith podcast opening bit absolutely nails it again.  Well worth a listen.  But Norman said looking at our bench blows the myth of us buying our way out of relegation.

Hoick a link up for us non podcasty types please

Edited by Dougle

31 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

True Faith podcast opening bit absolutely nails it again.  Well worth a listen.  But Norman said looking at our bench blows the myth of us buying our way out of relegation.

definitely. it's one of the better podcasts out there - a good listen

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Same. I spent last week thinking it would be awful, not fair on the fans etc, if they ended up in serious difficulty. But on reflection, fuck them. 

Never had a shred of sympathy towards them. They've danced with the devil for 19 years and it's finally caught up with them. It won't happen but it'd be funny as fuck if everything they've won under Abramovich was stripped away from the record books. 

As for these fucking journos, guarantee that without our takeover, they wouldn't be so vociferous about what is going on in Yemen. And quizzing Howe about it, what the fuck do they expect him to say?! "Yes my ultimate boss is a murderous bastard!" ?? 

I used to think the anti-NUFC agenda was hogwash from a segment of our fanbase that couldn't accept that things naturally go against us. Now I'm not so sure. We're creating a New Order and they really don't fucking like it do they? 

Chelsea fans - complete arseholes. Probably the fans I hate the most. The venomous shouts of "Wanker!" towards Dan Burn as he was going to the touchline having had treatment after being elbowed by that German prick were disgraceful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I know what my fucking observation would be.

I had a feeling he might get into shit about that post like. It's all very well having that opinion, but to publicly imply the referee had bias is never going to go down well. 

Now, now Thomas, don't be facetious :lol:

You get the point I'm making. Any tweet like that is a slam-dunk for a disrepute charge. I'm surprised the club didn't make him remove it immediately.

Yeh I know :lol:

Its just a shame the FA can’t put more time into making sure their referees aren’t utterly wank.

Both the referee and VAR referee should be interviewed at the end. 

• Like 1

The protection of them is, and always has been utterly ridiculous. They're human beings FFS, they're prone to making errors. What pisses me off more than anything is the complete refusal to acknowledge it, if they did then PGMOL may well start to earn back a degree of respect. 

• Like 1

Once we start winning stuff, all these questions will stop. The “writers” will all want access to stories about us so they won’t say anything out of turn. 

Like they didn’t about Chelsea for 19 years 

• Like 7

It’s pretty mental that Man City aren’t even in the conversation. 

Also Tuchel has worked for both Abramovic & Qatar. Yet he’s the one the press are exalting :lol: 

• Like 6

Speaking of Qatar, Holt and co will definitely boycott the World Cup and won’t forget about the human rights abuses for a month while they’re out there covering it 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

Speaking of Qatar, Holt and co will definitely boycott the World Cup and won’t forget about the human rights abuses for a month while they’re out there covering it 

Swear I saw one of them, I forget who, say something like 'of course I'll be there, it's my job!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It’s hypocritical for NUFC not to be sanctioned, even though the circumstances are different. Whereas it’s not hypocritical if you’re a Chelsea fan who thinks Abramovich shouldn’t be sanctioned but NUFC should be. I think that’s it