Howe's Beautiful Brazilian vs Tuchel's Tall Turgid Tosspot's

wykikitoon

Burn:

"I thought it was a sending off, I can guarantee if it was the other way round I wouldn’t have been on the pitch."

"But the ref said because he was looking at the ball the whole time, that’s why it wasn’t."

"I thought it was a little bit naughty but he’s not given and he’s ended up scoring at the end so it’s cost us a little bit."

"We can’t complain about it too much. These are top quality players who can punish you in a second and that’s what happened."

"I haven’t seen it back but the lads are saying it should have been a penalty."

"But that’s what happens when you come to the big grounds, you probably don’t get the rub of the green sometimes."

"The lads put in a very, very good performance. It’s disappointing not to come away with anything because I thought we deserved at least a point."

"We’ve got to recover and go again. We know there is another game just around the corner. Everton is a huge game."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

HAS. HE. FUCK.

No mention of sports washing or human rights when the Saudis were rumoured to be interested in Man United.

He has previously said that KSA buying Man Utd would be doomsday for football and has also written articles about Man City and sports washing so I think he has been pretty consistent.

I don’t particularly like the guy but I think he is a decent journalist. 

Holt, on the other hand, is just a ridiculous man.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye i listened to it. He seemed to think because it wasnt intended it shouldn't have been penalised 

I hate that along with the “I’m not that type of player” shite. It’s dangerous play and he should have been walking off the pitch, Burn is spot on that if it was him he’d be gone - lightweight forwards like Havertz get away with shithouse stuff.

Fucking absurd Havertz throwing in the bit about our defenders fouling them, with the clear implication that we’re a dirty side, meanwhile Chelsea kicked us around the pitch. There were two or three kicks to the head of Newcastle players, Havertz red card offense, and then constant other shirt pulling and late tackles. 

We’ll see where both sides are next season. 

• Like 3

:lol: Do these types of people genuinely believe this is the case? A lot of similar and “brilliant work Rob keep it up” type replies too :lol: he can keep asking but this will be the reply constantly given, at what point does it just become a self gratifying exercise? 

• Like 1

Classic twitter virtue signalling nonsense. Journalists being contradictory by attending, they're ultimately gaining employment by covering the league and the teams in the league (specifically Chelsea and Newcastle here) so some of their "ultimate bosses" are the same. If they felt so strongly about it they should boycott the league until it's full of humanitarian owners and the winner is the team who save the most rainforests.

• Like 5

I'm happy for every story ever published reporting on the football people at the club and their perspective on the atrocities of Saudi Arabia's government to be some variation of 'No Comment'.

I'm happy, also, for the questions to be asked as I would prefer that the Saudi's attempt to sportswash doesn't work and instead results in them getting more attention and scrutiny. However, I would also like that to be the case for everyone else. For the F1, for FIFA's tournaments, for the Olympics, for other football clubs owned by the representatives of vicious tyrants.

In fact, I would prefer it, in general, if journalists did their job in holding authority figures and institutions to account on behalf of the broader society whom they're supposed to represent. We all know, of course, that journalists will never do that, and, in fact, for the vast majority of journalism, that has never been the case. The notion that journalists are some sort of guard against the abuses of power by the powerful is a complete fabrication. Journalists are, like most of us, and myself included, self-interested. I hope at least that I don't pretend to be some great servant of the people when I know it's a lie and I would certainly hope that I would avoid blowing myself up with a sense of moral superiority for a position taken in matters of personal expediency. Anyway, enough of that. I'm not interested so much in other clubs or sports or institutions, if journalists want to press the Saudi's to make them accountable, that can only be a good thing (motivations aside).

• Like 5

On a separate but related note: the PIF need to start bribing the refs like the other big clubs do.

I've seen the Murphy *CORNER* back again after watching it live and then posting about it here in a massive tanty so I missed most the replay of it on the broadcast. It must be one of the worst no penalty decisions I've ever seen. The Chelsea player has a massive fistful of his shirt the entire time and trips Murphy not once but TWICE! That's three infringements and then the ref gives a fuckin' corner!

Honestly, the red card is a 70/30 or 80/20 situation for me in favour it being a red but it's not quite a stonewall every day of the week kind of thing because of a few factors, which shouldn't (but often do) result in the ref keeping it to a yellow in that scenario.

But the penalty claim! Fuck me sideways. That is utterly despicable refereeing. It's a penalty MULTIPLE times! And every infringement is a blatant penalty on its own merits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toonotl said:

The notion that journalists are some sort of guard against the abuses of power by the powerful is a complete fabrication. 

I think the main sticking point with this for us at the moment is that it is SPORTS journalists trying to do it to Howe and the attempts to do it are laughable. A dozen wannabe Andrew Jennings' (but without all of the work involved) showing up to prematch pressers thinking that asking Eddie Howe about executions half a world away is really accomplishing anything, followed by still attending the match and reporting on it and being just as complicit in the trickle down of the blood money into the game (particularly delaney) as Howe or Trippier or anyone else, and a damn sight more complicit than the fans who don't profit from these owners and just want to see their team win games.

The fact that the clubs backed down from the super league has undoubtedly got their peckers up and inflated their ideas of influence over the game even more than it already was.  

• Like 4

Oliver Holt forgot to mention the cunts that were chopped were part of ISIS and other terrorist organisations, they werent just people convicted of drunk and disorderly and petty crimes... yet the fat bastard  isnt having a go at Man utd despite the owners being American and the cunts still throwing people in electric chairs...he can go and fuck off

• Like 1

:lol: I expected to look at the comments of this and see most of them telling him he can’t read properly, but the vast majority are also saying it’s hypocritical and there’s a media agenda against them, despite Luke’s two posts being basically the same point :lol: :lol:  

also:

Football discussion in 2022.

Can this lot hurry up and get in the fucking bin? 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, toonotl said:

On a separate but related note: the PIF need to start bribing the refs like the other big clubs do.

I've seen the Murphy *CORNER* back again after watching it live and then posting about it here in a massive tanty so I missed most the replay of it on the broadcast. It must be one of the worst no penalty decisions I've ever seen. The Chelsea player has a massive fistful of his shirt the entire time and trips Murphy not once but TWICE! That's three infringements and then the ref gives a fuckin' corner!

Honestly, the red card is a 70/30 or 80/20 situation for me in favour it being a red but it's not quite a stonewall every day of the week kind of thing because of a few factors, which shouldn't (but often do) result in the ref keeping it to a yellow in that scenario.

But the penalty claim! Fuck me sideways. That is utterly despicable refereeing. It's a penalty MULTIPLE times! And every infringement is a blatant penalty on its own merits.

It’s been made worse by the explanation that grabbing the shirt wasn’t enough to bring Murphy down totally ignoring that it stopped Murphy getting away from Chalobah…

… so he could trip him.

Honestly, the amount of bizarre decisions from VAR is absurd.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: Do these types of people genuinely believe this is the case? A lot of similar and “brilliant work Rob keep it up” type replies too :lol: he can keep asking but this will be the reply constantly given, at what point does it just become a self gratifying exercise? 

It already is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sharp said:

Oliver Holt forgot to mention the cunts that were chopped were part of ISIS and other terrorist organisations, they werent just people convicted of drunk and disorderly and petty crimes... yet the fat bastard  isnt having a go at Man utd despite the owners being American and the cunts still throwing people in electric chairs...he can go and fuck off

I admire howe's diplomacy and restraint me, if I was asked the same question my reply would be 'aye, so fucking what? they deserved it.

I mean, it's ok when we work with our yank mates to execute mohammad emwazi by dropping 2 hellfire missiles on his head and then all do a little jig of delight and self congratulation, and rightfully so.

about the only difference I can see is the saudis got rid of a few more and at least went to the bother of giving them a trial. 

7 hours ago, Howay said:

Virtue Car GIF - Virtue Car Arrow - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I admire howe's diplomacy and restraint me, if I was asked the same question my reply would be 'aye, so fucking what? they deserved it.

I mean, it's ok when we work with our yank mates to execute mohammad emwazi by dropping 2 hellfire missiles on his head and then all do a little jig of delight and self congratulation, and rightfully so.

about the only difference I can see is the saudis got rid of a few more and at least went to the bother of giving them a trial. 

I don’t know what the legal process is in Saudi Arabia but would you trust these trials to be fair? Also I have somewhat mixed feelings about capital punishment in that while I think some people deserve it, I don’t think it acts as a deterrent and I don’t think any state should be killing people. Also, one execution of an innocent person is one too many. That aside, I seriously doubt many of the people commenting (including the journalists) actually have any clue about the context of these executions or the conflict in Yemen. I also doubt they give a shit about either of those things 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: I expected to look at the comments of this and see most of them telling him he can’t read properly, but the vast majority are also saying it’s hypocritical and there’s a media agenda against them, despite Luke’s two posts being basically the same point :lol: :lol:  

also:

Football discussion in 2022.

Can this lot hurry up and get in the fucking bin? 

Third generation Chelsea fan :lol: taking superfandom to previously unplumbed depths 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Genuinely hope they end up in administration

Same. I spent last week thinking it would be awful, not fair on the fans etc, if they ended up in serious difficulty. But on reflection, fuck them. 

• Like 4