frankie goes to walton and his match throwing twats v diplomacy eddie and his robbed blind heroes

thebrokendoll

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Come on in, the waters warm.

we’ll be fine. 9 points above the relegation zone is loads at this stage of the season. I can see us taking a few games more than we’d like before we confirm safety.  

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some of us see a season as 38 games, not a rolling 90 minutes. I'm even starting to sympathise with Gemmill.

It is fucking jarring how quickly they get back to soaking themselves following defeat. This board needs some resilience training. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Some of us see a season as 38 games, not a rolling 90 minutes. I'm even starting to sympathise with Gemmill.

can't wait to wake up.in the morning feeling fully refreshed and it suddenly dawning on me what a great result result that was for us.

hooray for you and gemmil.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we’ll be fine. 9 points above the relegation zone is loads at this stage of the season. I can see us taking a few games more than we’d like before we confirm safety.  

I think Norwich and Watford are gone, but Burnley with their games in hand and the opposition they are playing are capable of putting a run together.

That could very easily turn into a very tight group for the 3rd spot.

Such a wasted opportunity tonight.

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

can't wait to wake up.in the morning feeling fully refreshed and it suddenly dawning on me what a great result result that was for us.

Two Ls, please. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It is fucking jarring how quickly they get back to soaking themselves following defeat. This board needs some resilience training. 

Everton and Leeds pulling away from the current bottom three leaves the bottom three almost nailed on to go down ffs :lol: Aye, we were shit there but we're off the back of a 9 game unbeaten run where the prospective 10th game was ruined by crooked refs. This has been the first shit performance of 2022 and the opposition weren't much better. We're on the right track. And I know we all hate Everton but christ.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

We need to lose basically every game to go down, unless you can see Burnley or Watford winning half their remaining games. 

Hopefully we’ll be fine, but our “easiest” 2 games left are Norwich and Burnley away. And as we’ve seen tonight, there’s no guarantee we will win away against poorer teams.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I think Norwich and Watford are gone, but Burnley with their games in hand and the opposition they are playing are capable of putting a run together.

We should be looking to get points from Palace,  Leicester and Norwich.

5-7 points from those and we’re safe before the tricky final few games.  

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

It's our first crap performance in 11 games, man. In modern NUFC times, that's practically a miracle. 2 weeks off, we'll be ready to go and take the game to Spurs.

It's a poor second half performance, but as has been said the players look knackered, the break will do us good.

Bloody fuming at Everton though. That little prick Jordan and then the alpha prick Richarlison. Hope to hell they end up getting relegated somehow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

How many points do you expect the Burnley lads to put together on this imaginary run? 

Let me first remind you that they've so far managed TWENTY ONE points from TWENTY SEVEN games. 

Now tell me all about this run that's going to see them get ANYWHERE FUCKING NEAR the already 10 points away Newcastle (I'll remind you again that that's about half the points they've managed all season). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Even if they win both games in hand, we’d still be 4 points above them, and 5/6 points above the drop (depending on Everton’s games in hand as it would mean Leeds were 18th with 5 points less than us). so they’d then need a further 2 decent results to draw level or overtake us, which would put us on 31 games played (if you say we lose both the games Burnley pick up points), from that point they’d still need to pick up more points over 7 games than we do. This is a side on 3 wins who look fucking shite. 

Those sides below us have to play games against each other so they can’t all get those points. I’m not going to work it out but I’d say it would be fairly low chance of us going down at this point. We’re not suddenly going to lose every game, we lost away to Chelsea and lost a game that could have went either way tonight (both sides had a half imo), two weeks to recover and get some players back will do us good as we’ve been running on fumes since Brighton. 

image.thumb.png.fa4f4599c22043cd88045574b623944b.png

3% chance according to the stattos at Five Thirty Eight. 

Someone needs to let them know about the run Burnley are about to go on cos 47% seems high when you consider that they're about to become a runaway points train.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It's our first crap performance in 11 games, man. In modern NUFC times, that's practically a miracle. 2 weeks off, we'll be ready to go and take the game to Spurs.

granted.

however, everton were fucking appalling and there for the taking, even with 11 men. it was a fucking shocking performance and a negative  result against spurs takes away all our momentum. 

damn shame that I reckon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How many points do you expect the Burnley lads to put together on this imaginary run? 

Let me first remind you that they've so far managed TWENTY ONE points from TWENTY SEVEN games. 

Now tell me all about this run that's going to see them get ANYWHERE FUCKING NEAR the already 10 points away Newcastle (I'll remind you again that that's about half the points they've managed all season). 

Ffs man we’ve only won 4 more games than them. If they do put a run together it only takes a couple of wins to make that mini league trying to avoid 3rd.

They have 2 games in hand and have some poor teams to play.

It could get a lot tighter before it’s settled.

Well before our 4 away game bonanza I would have settled for 4 points/draws minimum but was hoping for 6 (2 wins 2 defeats) so still hope before spurs game

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

granted.

however, everton were fucking appalling and there for the taking, even with 11 men. it was a fucking shocking performance and a negative  result against spurs takes away all our momentum. 

damn shame that I reckon.

It was only half a shocking performance tbf. And Everton cheated like fuck the second half. Scored with one of only 2 of their real chances.

I think transitioning to a side with possession from a counterattacking side caused us huge problems today. ASM is shit in a midfield trying to control the game. Them going down to 10 men exacerbated the problem. It wasn't a typical game for us and I am entirely confident we won't go down. However,.clearly us gaining points would have been better. 

• Like 2