frankie goes to walton and his match throwing twats v diplomacy eddie and his robbed blind heroes

thebrokendoll

Yeah people are digging out Burn or ASM, it's reductive and fails to take into account there was an entire game played where numerous mistakes or bad decisions were made by the whole team. We didn't lose that game because Burn was turned in the 103rd minute, or ASM was shoved off the ball. It was because we didn't create sufficient good chances, or take the half chances that fell our way. That's partly a lack of quality, partly a failure to manage the game as well as we have done before.

I remember Robert being singled out, or Ben Arfa. It's often those that have the talent to occasionally win the game on their own who are blamed when they don't do it to dig the team out of a hole. I mean, fair enough to blame a defender who has a mare, or a keeper who flaps, but saying ASM lost us the game because he was arguably fouled, or because he didn't pass after beating 2 or 3 is a joke. Even if he did pick out a player, who was in the box? Joelinton? Wood? Murphy? Hardly a list of predatory finishers, is it? 

Easier to find a scapegoat than work out the more complex issues that lead to a loss.

• Like 3

Of the 14 minutes extra time given at the end of the 90 there was approximately 5:42 left to play, when they scored. 

The final whistle actually went when 17:03 extra had been “played”.

But of that 8:45 or so that was “played” after their goal went in, the ball was actually only in play for around  2:15. How does that work like?

They had 2 goal kicks, one of which should have been a corner, which took them a combined 3:38 to take. Add on an extra 0:52 it took them to throw the ball back in at the death, that was 4 ½  minutes they managed to fuck around with the ball out of play, easily more than half of that 8:45 supposedly played. And what was with our fucking about for the corner that was given??

Something wasn’t right about this game.

Thought we were poor by recent standards and still the better side. We were unlucky not to get a point at least. Not going to pick on individuals to blame but I thought we saw glimpses of the kind of through balls we can look forward to when Bruno has more pace and movement ahead of him 

• Like 4

:lol: This is the team that feel aggrieved by the referee. Honestly man, how Richarlison didn’t get sent off that game is absolutely mind blowing, he must have committed about 10 fouls and dived at least 3 times. Add this to all the other nonsense that went Evertons way yet they’re the ones aggrieved?

• Like 1

Burn again was top last night for the majority.  He's also someone who could do with a break.  The intensity the players have been through the last few weeks must be immense.  Add the emotion of coming to his boyhood club on top for him.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well hot damn, WOOOO, I tell you whut,  that is exhibit A in the case for denying visiting rights.

Stick a white suit on him and hot damn he could be the next Billy Graham.......on the other hand what a twat

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Burn again was top last night for the majority.  He's also someone who could do with a break.  The intensity the players have been through the last few weeks must be immense.  Add the emotion of coming to his boyhood club on top for him.

He plays with an intensity that most of the time serves him well but in this instance cost us. Having said that it's 99 minutes deep and on the back of a few other errors our team made. He'll learn from this and will be better for it. He's a shit ton better than Lascelles and more combative than Schar.

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

That Gordon kid for them really reminded me of someone and it's been doing my head in, then I twigged who it is......

latest?cb=20191008183736

Don't bring him up again! 

• Haha 2

:lol: I saw some Newcastle fan on Twitter banging on about what a top quality player Gordon is as he disrupted our game. So nothing he did on the ball, just that he ran around kicking lumps out of everyone - he must think Lee Cattermole was a world beater. 

Everton club statement:

Allan’s three-match suspension has been upheld after an independent regulatory commission rejected two appeals from Everton over the midfielder’s dismissal against Newcastle United on Thursday.

Allan was initially booked for an 83rd-minute challenge on Newcastle’s Allan Saint-Maximin during Everton’s 1-0 victory at Goodison Park but, following a VAR check, the Brazilian was given a red card for serious foul play.

Everton’s request to overturn that decision was rejected on Friday by the commission, as was a second appeal to downgrade the ban for excessive punishment.

The decision means Allan will miss Sunday’s FA Cup quarter-final tie at Crystal Palace and next month’s Premier League trips to West Ham United and Burnley.

On 18/03/2022 at 02:09, trooper said:

I want to know what Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall thought he was doing tieing himself to the goal post last night. 

2022-03-17everton-a1-s.jpg

Louis McKechnie (Insulate Britain)

"I'm about to disrupt a football match and I'm terrified. But I believe as many people as possible need to know what a possible future holds. Billions of people not knowing if they should stay in their homes or if they should  leave where they go as countries become too hot to live in. Mass starvation due to crop failure, it's fighting for bread, in the bakery aisle of Morrisons, the cost of living crisis, Covid and the war in Ukraine are showcasing this future. I want my government to do all they can to stop this coming true but they are expanding oil and gas making things worse, increasing the risk."

3 hours ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Louis McKechnie (Insulate Britain)

"I'm about to disrupt a football match and I'm terrified. But I believe as many people as possible need to know what a possible future holds. Billions of people not knowing if they should stay in their homes or if they should  leave where they go as countries become too hot to live in. Mass starvation due to crop failure, it's fighting for bread, in the bakery aisle of Morrisons, the cost of living crisis, Covid and the war in Ukraine are showcasing this future. I want my government to do all they can to stop this coming true but they are expanding oil and gas making things worse, increasing the risk."

He does realise the plastic cable ties he used are made from hydrocarbons, which come from - fossel fuels!

:suicide:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Throw into the mix that since those accounts they’ve lost 66% of their sponsorship income and had to pay up Benitez’s contract then relegation for them this season would be the real kicker.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...