World Cup 2022

9 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Morocco really giving them a game, have had a couple of great chances. I thought France would coast after the opener but credit to the Africans. 

They're getting in behind the Europeans now and again, need the ball to bounce their way.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

That would be Argentina. Was listening to the Newsagents podcast last week where they were talking to some French people and really there isn't too much animosity from their pov, they just think we're odd and a bit obsessed. We are like mackems to them, as this tweet kind of illustrates.

Anyway, allez les bleus on Sunday. l🇫🇷 

• Like 2

I’d like Argentina to win as I love Messi. But I don’t really buy into this written in the stars sort of thing. I reckon France will win. Not that arsed like

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d like Argentina to win as I love Messi. But I don’t really buy into this written in the stars sort of thing. I reckon France will win. Not that arsed like

Agreed. The shawn off tax dodging cunt deserves it :) 

I want France to win because I'm a bit of a francophile and I'm not that keen on Argentina or the Messi hype. But mainly because:

Ginola, Robert, Arfa, Cabaye, ASM  >>>>>>> Ardiles, Colocinni, Guitierez.

Edited by Renton

Re: Messi it’s more for his career that I admire him. He’s obviously done well and performed above expectations at this World Cup (given he’s well past his peak). But I think his performances at this tournament have been a bit overhyped too. Mbappe hasn’t done a lot in the last two games and has definitely had too many plaudits so far 

• Like 3

I can't get my head round this 'If Messi wins the WC it will cement his place as the greatest footballer ever'. It's one game, you can't judge an entire player's career on 90 minutes. There are over 200 national teams in the world and once every four years one of them wins the WC, to judge a player's personal success on whether they've won it or not is an absolute nonsense. But still, I suppose it creates a nice, easy narrative.

• Like 3

Be canny if he injured himself in the warmup and Argentina went on to win. I'd enjoy watching pundits and commentators try to construct the "HE INSPIRED THEM FROM THE BENCH" narrative.

Look at his face! Look at his inspirational little face! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can't get my head round this 'If Messi wins the WC it will cement his place as the greatest footballer ever'. It's one game, you can't judge an entire player's career on 90 minutes. There are over 200 national teams in the world and once every four years one of them wins the WC, to judge a player's personal success on whether they've won it or not is an absolute nonsense. But still, I suppose it creates a nice, easy narrative.

No one says not even playing at a World Cup means anything about George Best and his legacy (for example). It just the way the media likes to build stuff up etc. But, aye. It’s patently bollocks. They were hoping for a similar Ronaldo narrative. Imagine the jizzfest I’d he’d played well and it was a Portugal v Argentina in the final. 

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Be canny if he injured himself in the warmup and Argentina went on to win. I'd enjoy watching pundits and commentators try to construct the "HE INSPIRED THEM FROM THE BENCH" narrative.

Look at his face! Look at his inspirational little face! 

Just because you always reckoned Ronaldo was better and that’s more or less what happened to him ;) 

Just now, Gemmill said:

He was predicting a Croatia v Morocco final earlier in the week, the tedious bellend. 

He’s so edgy. Reminds me of a broken piss pot 

• Haha 1