World Cup 2022

This France team are a right set of cheating cunts. They’d have done  precisely the same for the pen. That finish was lucky by Di Maria too. Tries to slide in under the keeper and it bobbles over the keeper. Makes you wonder if it’s just Argentina’s day. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Not sure about this, the cheating and making the most out of everything by the Argies is on a different level tbh

It was a penalty tbh 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It was a penalty tbh 

Soft as fuck but aye…Argentina have just got better and better as they’ve gone through the tournament. France put them out in the last 16 in Russia and tbh that’s all I expected from them this time round too..

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Soft as fuck but aye…Argentina have just got better and better as they’ve gone through the tournament. France put them out in the last 16 in Russia and tbh that’s all I expected from them this time round too..

A little bit like Italy in 82. They started off looking awful but were playing lovely football by the final 

• Like 1

I'd love Messi to lift the trophy. Best player on the planet for more than a decade and hero worshipped the world over. Must be easy for that to turn you into a right dickhead (see Ronaldo), but he just enjoys spending time at home with his wife and kids and seems to be well liked by his team mates 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I'd love Messi to lift the trophy. Best player on the planet for more than a decade and hero worshipped the world over. Must be easy for that to turn you into a right dickhead (see Ronaldo), but he just enjoys spending time at home with his wife and kids and seems to be well liked by his team mates 

It’s not just Ronaldo’s a knob. It’s because it’s all about him. And that’s why he’s been marginalised at the end of his career. Previously he made every team he was in better but now his star has waned he’s still the same selfish cunt and consequently not worth a place in a top side. Messi is the complete opposite. No ego and everything he does is for the team. And as you allude to, his longevity is just ridiculous 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

France through it away in 2006 and haven't turned up here. Four finals in a quarter of a century, not bad but they've never really dominated either. I've a fairly strong disliking of Argentina mind, nowt ro do with the Falklands either, I'm not even sure why tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Quietly at home committing tax fraud, aye. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

It was a penalty tbh 

It probably was, but if it was against us I would be furious.

I am not sure what happened to Feance but they are are having a mare. So many poor passes and awful touches.

Just now, Isegrim said:

It probably was, but if it was against us I would be furious.

I am not sure what happened to Feance but they are are having a mare. So many poor passes and awful touches.

Furious with the defending, aye. Dembele put his arm on Di Maria and made contact with his legs. Just to compound the initial mistake of diving in. 

Maybe this illness story is a large factor - makes you think it's balance for 98 when they benefitted from a medical incident with Ronaldo - though of course it's not Brazil getting the benefit. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

France save their worst 45 mins in very likely a decade for a World Cup final…maybe illness worse than they’ve let on? 

they were poor against us and Morocco too

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Maybe this illness story is a large factor - makes you think it's balance for 98 when they benefitted from a medical incident with Ronaldo - though of course it's not Brazil getting the benefit. 

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. Similar performance from Brazil then as France here.