Emil Krafth

wykikitoon

Well, when Trippier got injured I was concerned.  But Eddie & his coaching staff have got this boy playing miles better than what we have ever seen.  Hats off to Krafth for the attitude he has shown.  

• Like 2

I was going to post the same thread. He’s been improving every game and I thought he he was superb yesterday and is deservedly keeping out Manquillo, who I rate.

The give and go and cross into the box in the first half and that sliding tackle in the box - superb. Credit to Krafth but also to Eddie Howe for improving a player most of us had given up on - again. I don’t remember him ever playing like this under Bruce. 

• Like 3

Way better going forward than previously, and defensively less suspect. With him and Trippier and Manquillo also being available we have 1 very good, 1 good and one not bad full back available for the right side of the team.

Now all we need in terms of full backs is to get Targett signed and an alternative to him that allows for cover and offers a slightly better cross/ final ball.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tinofbeans said:

Way better going forward than previously, and defensively less suspect. With him and Trippier and Manquillo also being available we have 1 very good, 1 good and one not bad full back available for the right side of the team.

Now all we need in terms of full backs is to get Targett signed and an alternative to him that allows for cover and offers a slightly better cross/ final ball.

Can we change this lad’s name to Canofbeans please?
It’s doing my head in. 

• Haha 3

Kyle walker peters and/or James Justin (if he recovers fully from that knee).

In Southgate I trust.. Interesting that Targett is Southgates number 4 for that position.. Another player I'd never really heard of. (like Dan "where have you been" Burn!")

I don't think I watch enough of any other teams games, just NUFC and England.

• 1 year later...

Seems a strange one. He's obviously not part of the leadership team and he's not good enough in Eddie's mind to replace any of our defence, when they are out dead on their legs, and yet we are happy to offer another year?

Lascelle, in the games he's played this season, has proven himself more than capable as 3rd or 4th choice, is the club captain and yet we are happy for him to fuck off for nothing in the summer.

Is there something weird going on or is he just on buttons?

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 1

covers two positions, never let anyone down when he has played under howe. he could have been used more during the injury crisis 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

covers two positions, never let anyone down when he has played under howe. he could have been used more during the injury crisis 

He would have been had it not been for Colwill slicing his leg open in the LC. That said, he's not used him nearly enough since his leg healed.

He's solid, he'll be getting paid considerably more than he could make elsewhere (even if it's buttons in the grand scheme of things) and he seems to like living in the region, so it makes good enough sense. If he's still not getting much playing time a year from now then he's still young enough to make a move.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye but as Sammy says, Eddie hasn't brought him on when Trippier as absolutely crawling.

IMO a one year extension though his a no brainer.

FFP isn’t currently letting us change the squad as quickly as Man City did, or as fast as the vast majority of our support inexplicably feel that they are entitled to 😆…it’s a bit of a cunt but people need to start realising what the situation is. The narrative that Ashley left us in a good position FFP wise is now over. His complete disregard for growing commercial income as well as trophies etc now leaves us with our hands tied trying to play catch up with the likes of spurs who we were financially superior to in 2007 :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 13