2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Just put sky on, merson has selected NUFC in a underachieving clubs prediction and also picked Havertz as a one to watch. :lol:

If we overachieved last year then us falling short this year would be par for the course, surely? To underachieve by their opinions of us we'd have to be fighting relegation wouldn't we? 

A few national (as in non-Newcastle specific) podcasts I've listened to this week, their panels of "experts" have pretty much all had us outside of the top 6.

Can't hurt if it takes a bit of pressure off, I suppose.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

A few national (as in non-Newcastle specific) podcasts I've listened to this week, their panels of "experts" have pretty much all had us outside of the top 6.

Can't hurt if it takes a bit of pressure off, I suppose.

It doesn't bother me at all where people think we'll finish but it's the brainspin of saying we'll underachieve. They clearly think we've overachieved last season so how can we then underachieve unless they now class us as a bona fide top 4/6 club? Which one is it? :lol: (I'm aware it's merson we're talking about here, so.... aye, he is a carrot short of a casserole).

• Like 2

He is spot on but am not sure if it’s a good idea to be saying stuff like this to supporters on social media. Unless he’s doing a Joey Barton and trying to create grievance as an excuse to leave the club for Real Madrid in January :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Haha 5

As soon as I saw that NUFC360 post I thought the same as Bruno. 

If 360 is just trying to drive traffic, it's a bit of shame.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s spot on but getting into arguments with supporters on social media isn’t worth the bother

Especially a yank (which I believe 360 is)

• Like 1

He's right of course, but this is the sort of thing you think players are trained to cope with these days. There's going to be plenty of idiots amongst the growing fan base in the coming years, and Twitter always seems to have a disproportionate percentage of them.

Can't have players thinking about social media opinions and engaging with idiots. I'm sure Howe will have had a word. 

• Like 1

That 360 account used to be good because they just posted information so it was a decent account to follow to just see all of the news/rumours in one place.  Recently they seem to have been trying to drive up traffic by posting shite like that.  They are by no means the ones mind, but I can't be arsed with shite like that or all of the accounts asking which team has the best three midfielders or which away support is best etc.  None of it promotes decent discussion it just gets a load of cunts who know nothing crying on like babies.

I don't think it's best for Bruno to react like that, if indeed it was actually him, and I think there will be people at the club now who will be responsible for keeping the players in check on social media.

• Like 3

The problem is only going to get worse as we improve. Success attracts new supporters. Expectations rise and the number of cretins spouting shite online increases. 

• Like 1