2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

As I was saying a few weeks ago :cuppa:/ :lol:

Gotta hope baby Gordon is a ringer for the mam though. We have enough rod Stewart lookalikes, including rod Stewart for one generation, thanks.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Trippier getting his propers on today's Rest Is Football. Micah Richards the one insisting that they have a chat about how well he's playing - they came through the academy together.

I know there’s healthy competition at right back for England but it’s hard to imagine there’s anyone playing better than he has the past 12 months in that position. 

• Like 5

When we signed him I knew he could put a ball in and he was scrappy, but his touch is incredible, and then there's all the intangible stuff that comes with having a title winner in the squad. Unflappable.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

When we signed him I knew he could put a ball in and he was scrappy, but his touch is incredible, and then there's all the intangible stuff that comes with having a title winner in the squad. Unflappable.

This.

He is also an incredible leader on and off the pitch. The way he communicates and organises things on the pitch is amazing. But his experience from playing abroad and having to adapt to a different culture does help as well, especially as he came back and too a pay cut because his wife didn’t settle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Off to see Keegan and Eddie tonight. :nufc:

If I get picked for the Q&A what should I ask? :lol: 

Ask Eddie if he remembers when I offered to buy him and his teammate Richard Hughes a whisky? (He declined :( ) 

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Trippier getting his propers on today's Rest Is Football. Micah Richards the one insisting that they have a chat about how well he's playing - they came through the academy together.

after the PSG thumping:

"I didn't make it because of you!"

"I had to leave! I had to leave!"

"It feels great, I wouldn't change anything in my career. As players, we've all had setbacks, it's all about how you bounce back from them, I've had plenty in my career, I've faced a lot of challenges. And it's about believing in yourself and that's all I've done throughout my whole career. So when I arrived here, it's all about believing, I never thought we'd be in this position so soon. But I think we've earned the right, especially last season to be here now, and it's about showing everybody what we can do as a team."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I never thought I would think there would be a more important signing than Keegan as a player, and as a manager. But Trippier and Howe are making me reassess.

It's glorious

He's truly world class like, perhaps the only player since Shearer we can put in that category. Everything he does reeks of quality. Touch, positioning, passing; and he knows exactly what he's doing all the time. 

We've got a handful of very very good players in the form of their lives, yet he still absolutely stands out every game. Not even Bruno looks as good on the ball game in game out. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He is already in our best right back ever.

Totally agree. The only sad thing about Trippier is that we got him relatively late on in his career - maybe 2 or 3 years earlier and he'd have ended up a permanent club legend IMO.

Mind you if we actually win something he could still get there.

24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Mind you if we actually win something he could still get there.

I don’t think him winning owt precludes him from having earned that status tbh. 

Let’s say he has to retire a season before we lift the Title. 

He will have played a massive part in getting there. 

He’s up there with Shearer, Sir Les, KK, Killer, Liam O, already for me. 

• Like 2

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t think him winning owt precludes him from having earned that status tbh. 

Let’s say he has to retire a season before we lift the Title. 

He will have played a massive part in getting there. 

He’s up there with Shearer, Sir Les, KK, Killer, Liam O, already for me. 

I love him but I don't think being here less than 2 years gets him that. If he left in January for instance I'm not sure he's quite Shearer level. I do think it's probably like he needs to retire here.

I really do think he's one of the best players we've ever had, just not sure yet about 'legend'.

He’s already a legend. He was the signing that opened the door for the likes of Bruno to follow, which turbocharged the project. I think he’ll be looked back on as one of our most important signings ever. Certainly our best right back ever. He’s more playmaker than fullback. Unbelievable talent and that’s before you even get to his leadership on and off the pitch 

• Like 5