2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

29 minutes ago, Howay said:

You lot have a question, the knight Ryder goes and gets the answers

If you can’t be arsed with the Chronicles almost impossible to read website, Howe basically says he wants to give him time to settle in he did a nice job against Man City when given the chance and can cover a lot of positions. 

He also specifically mentioned Kraft so I think he might get some minutes as well.

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Is it just me or is there something properly wrong with this picture? What’s this bell end’s story? Anyone follow him/engage with him? 

He's basically a carrot short of a casserole. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

He's basically a carrot short of a casserole. 

I’ve heard him on one of the fan forum podcasts. He’s got one of the most bizarre affected Geordie accents I’ve ever heard. 

5 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Is it just me or is there something properly wrong with this picture? What’s this bell end’s story? Anyone follow him/engage with him? 

That's Bruno mate, he's a Brazilian central midfielder who plays for Newcastle. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I think he’s from Bristol :cuppa:

image.gif.11f8d4ac271a5c7ef4d5049682d983e4.gif

tbf to the bloke I think he also has a mild learning disability - though his nickname on Twatter is creepy John as he also has a knack for befriending any woman who posts about the toon.

Yet more great news from “The Cape of Good” Hope 😆

(he’s the sort of cunt at you work don’t generally like and have little to do with, but you sort of end up sitting with him at the Christmas do and sort of end up with a sort of grudging respect for the fucker by the end of the night that has completely evaporated by January 4th :cuppa: ) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yet more great news from “The Cape of Good” Hope 😆

(he’s the sort of cunt at you work don’t generally like and have little to do with, but you sort of end up sitting with him at the Christmas do and sort of end up with a sort of grudging respect for the fucker by the end of the night that has completely evaporated by January 4th :cuppa: ) 

Quite a specific description there. Anyone we know? ;) 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

It's hard to say, but being "sensible" there's no reason he wouldn't have continued betting after his transfer - I'm expecting an extended ban if there is an fa probe. 

Hopefully it would just run alongside current ban. 10 months is surely enough punishment 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I take it back. :D

I was sitting right in line with Shearer, in the Gallowgate, when that went in. 

Schmeicel didn’t even try to save it, he knew he was beat. 

Glorious. :lol:

( I’m also pretty sure this was a milestone goal for him, whether total career goals or NUFC goals?) 

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

I was sitting right in line with Shearer, in the Gallowgate, when that went in. 

Schmeicel didn’t even try to save it, he knew he was beat. 

Glorious. :lol:

( I’m also pretty sure this was a milestone goal for him, whether total career goals or NUFC goals?) 

I can remember it being a milestone in that he finally broke Schmeicel.  He had no hope of saving that. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I can remember it being a milestone in that he finally broke Schmeicel.  He had no hope of saving that. 

Found this quote about Shearer. 

“I know at first hand how fierce the gladiatorial battles are between a striker and defenders. So, to maintain your performance as a top class goalscorer over a long period of time takes phenomenal dedication, self belief and enormous willpower. If you then throw in a number of serious injuries...how many? Three? And for the man to still be producing at the highest level is really an amazing feat.
After a match against Juventus I met Alex Del Piero who like myself could only speak in the most glowing of terms about Shearer. He'd terrorised the Juve defenders when the clubs met in Newcastle. They found him one of the most difficult opponents they had ever faced.

The coach Marcello Lippi had been purring about Shearer's performance. So much so that his strikers Alex, David (Trezeguet) and Marcelo (Salas) were ordered to take home videos and study Shearer's display."

— Gabriel Batistuta on his admiration of Shearer, February 2003. “

Bit dusty in here, isn’t it? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Hopefully it would just run alongside current ban. 10 months is surely enough punishment 

Bar was set at 8 months for Toney, unless he's had 300 punts since he arrived can't see them banning him longer than what Toney got, or adding it onto the end of his current ban. If he gets done, any sanction must run concurrently, surely.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Bar was set at 8 months for Toney, unless he's had 300 punts since he arrived can't see them banning him longer than what Toney got, or adding it onto the end of his current ban. If he gets done, any sanction must run concurrently, surely.

The only concern is Toney's ban stopped him training with his club. If Tonali has bet on Premier League matches they may want a similar ban. Even if it runs concurrently, it might mean he's out of the training ground for 6months