2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

polo neck tucked in to chinos - of course its 29 years old 

Aye, and it wasn’t fucking fashionable then either :lol: it does make me feel old, however 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

talking about this with me brother for quite a while yesterday. 

only a matter of time before this shite is challenged, preferably by us and that we set the wheels in motion for the showdown over the next couple of weeks.

fuck ffp, fuck richard masters, fuck liverpool and their mates......

let's spend billions, starting today!  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Aye, the idea behind FFP was supposed to be that we wouldn't see clubs taking on massive levels of debt and risking their existence like Leeds did. So while we have clubs like ours who could easily spend £1bn and not incur a penny of debt we have clubs like Barcelona with a debt of over £1bn still winning La Liga and Man U with similar debt but able to spend over £100m in transfers every season. It's a joke and I'm surprised that no one has challenged it under EU law.

• Like 9

Imagine companies like Facebook (meta or whatever they're called) Google, X all coming together and pushing for a law to say that companies are only allowed to spend a certain amount.  It basically keeps them at the top table.

That's probably a really shit analogy but I know what I mean :cuppa:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Imagine companies like Facebook (meta or whatever they're called) Google, X all coming together and pushing for a law to say that companies are only allowed to spend a certain amount.  It basically keeps them at the top table.

That's probably a really shit analogy but I know what I mean :cuppa:

Thank fuck for that. :smile:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye, the idea behind FFP was supposed to be that we wouldn't see clubs taking on massive levels of debt and risking their existence like Leeds did. So while we have clubs like ours who could easily spend £1bn and not incur a penny of debt we have clubs like Barcelona with a debt of over £1bn still winning La Liga and Man U with similar debt but able to spend over £100m in transfers every season. It's a joke and I'm surprised that no one has challenged it under EU law.

I think marrying debt-linked transfer guidelines with rules about minimum % of players in the squad from within a certain geographical area would help too. Would mean teams wouldn't be able to stockpile scores of young players to send out on loan (Chelsea) or flood their team with players from abroad (Spurs).

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Check out Tommy Robinson over here.

I'm just saying local jobs for local people.

Tbf that’s pretty decent progress in a short amount of time. Especially when you think of how far we’d fallen behind under Ashley. Also, this current year would be a significant improvement on that, wouldn’t it? 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbf that’s pretty decent progress in a short amount of time. Especially when you think of how far we’d fallen behind under Ashley. Also, this current year would be a significant improvement on that, wouldn’t it? 

Exactly. The money from Sela as well as increased income because of playing in the CL will show in the next accounts.

• Like 4

The media enjoying stirring the pot, basically egging on one of the septics to bid for Bruno. I honestly don’t think we’d sell Bruno. But aye possibly Almiron, Targett, Wilson down the line and get the other dead wood off the wage bill too. We have cover for Almiron and Targett to a degree, desperately need cover if Wilson leaves obviously. We were told a 5-10 year plan so just have to keep on the upward trajectory, financially. The fact that we’ve now moved up to 7th in the ‘pecking order’ in a short space of time shows the progress we’re making…but aye FFP is a pain and just protects the cartel.

More good news, no FA cup tie scheduled for 1730 on the Saturday (you know, the day FA cup ties are traditionally played 🤷🏻‍♂️) of the 4th round so let’s put the Mags on @ 1900 on a obscure sub channel so not to interfere with the main Saturday night itv schedule. It’s only the difference between a late train home and a stopover and let’s face it, there’s not a cost of living crisis is there? 😏

IMG_3568.jpeg

• Jaysus... 4

1 hour ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

The media enjoying stirring the pot, basically egging on one of the septics to bid for Bruno. I honestly don’t think we’d sell Bruno. But aye possibly Almiron, Targett, Wilson down the line and get the other dead wood off the wage bill too. We have cover for Almiron and Targett to a degree, desperately need cover if Wilson leaves obviously. We were told a 5-10 year plan so just have to keep on the upward trajectory, financially. The fact that we’ve now moved up to 7th in the ‘pecking order’ in a short space of time shows the progress we’re making…but aye FFP is a pain and just protects the cartel.

I think Bruno will be gone in the Summer. Liverpool bid £100m last summer and now he asked for that to be his release clause. Its sadly likely.

• Sad 1