2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

33 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think Bruno will be gone in the Summer. Liverpool bid £100m last summer and now he asked for that to be his release clause. Its sadly likely.

Aye I think he will be PSG bound for that

5 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think Bruno will be gone in the Summer. Liverpool bid £100m last summer and now he asked for that to be his release clause. Its sadly likely.

It’ll be gutting if he goes anywhere, but if he goes to those cunts, that would just be rubbing our noses in it ffs!

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

don't like the smarmy cunt.

obviously watches too much strictly judging by how many times he mentions 'the journey'

not to be trusted.

fuck off.

In his first interview with us did he not come out with the “roll our sleeves up” shite?

Think Eales (and Silverstone) are doing a good job, bringing up revenues for the past two years. We arent top 6 yet but we are getting there.

Fully understand that we would be treated much more harshly than Everton if we went a penny over the 105m because Saudi = bad

If we do sell to generate more flexibility, I think there will be a plan. Not like selling Andy Carroll for £30m the day before the Jan transfer window closed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Not like selling Andy Carroll for £30m the day before the Jan transfer window closed!

Tbf that did turn out to be a fantastic bit of business :lol:

• Like 3

Just now, RobElliott said:

Maybe this might force our hand in the loan market

I think we may see movement after the City game on Saturday re Philips

• Like 1

FFP (or PSR) is fucked and is protectionist, but who's going to vote for change? the top clubs have a nice moat and control of the drawbridge right now. The other clubs won't want Newcastle free to do as they please.

We're the bad guys, and short of fighting it in the courts, or doing it regardless of the consequences, I don't see a way through. I definitely can't see anyone helping us out. (Except maybe our brothers in light blue.0

Edited by The Fish

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

FFP (or PSR) is fucked and is protectionist, but who's going to vote for change? the top clubs have a nice moat and control of the drawbridge right now. The other clubs won't want Newcastle free to do as they please.

We're the bad guys, and short of fighting it in the courts, or doing it regardless of the consequences, I don't see a way through. I definitely can't see anyone helping us out. (Except maybe our brothers in light blue.0

UEFA aren't motivated to change the rules either as if they do something about it that is legitimately fair and allows clubs to invest within their means (I.e. hastening our growth) then the clubs who currently oppose the ESL may well change their minds and throw the whole footballing landscape up in the air.

It's a tightrope really, and we need the club (or any club really) to expose some loopholes in the FFP rulebook that can be exploited. Chelsea did it with the long contracts, there must be more areas within FFP that can be exploited.

On 04/12/2023 at 13:28, The Fish said:

image.png.1ea684fec62d9eafc252ee2e8739d32c.png

image.thumb.png.abfc95305032203ee6ff6a8b41f2cfa2.png

image.thumb.png.d2493cafd1fa7a6f4dffaee5a0e4bd74.png

Updated

image.thumb.png.3947b2050a90df3f5334b7f8f456bdce.png

We're creating a similar number of chances, but failing to put them away.

image.thumb.png.b08ea3713d40e4cc0a120e114712be67.png

It's not hard to spot when Pope got injured, we're nowhere near as stingy as we were with him between the sticks.

image.thumb.png.91cb0a242f7b21ddcba9454e0283b028.png

We're still doing ok in attack vs the rest of the league

image.thumb.png.a12ba21aecfbe4a90ab838983bbf16d7.png

But defensively? hoo boy.

image.png.f0949d6bd3aa56f87cfec65e9298686a.png

Still not in the dreaded top left box, but no longer bottom right which is the best one eva

Edited by The Fish

7 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

It's not just that they're injured but apparently most of them without clear return dates, or ones that keep pushing out. Wasn't Barnes supposed to be back start of December at one point and now he's still got a long way to go? 

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki