2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

11 hours ago, ewerk said:

He’d be mad to go to Man U. That entire squad needs a Munich air crash to be properly overhauled given their ridiculous spending in recent years.

:lol:

bollocks to being offended by tragedy posting!

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Just a tad 😆

Tbf its not just a KD thing, theres an undercurrent of "always believe the bad news" in a lot of our supporters that I think still stems from the Ashley days.

As SpongeBob say, it goes back way before Ashley. I'm still scarred by selling Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza. Some are still reeling from selling Supermac and if Noelie were here he'd still bare the scars from Hughie Gallacher going to Chelsea. :lol:

• Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As SpongeBob say, it goes back way before Ashley. I'm still scarred by selling Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza. Some are still reeling from selling Supermac and if Noelie were here he'd still bare the scars from Hughie Gallacher going to Chelsea. :lol:

I'm younger than some so it's Andy Cole for me. I'd just got his name printed on the back of my shirt as well, and could never wear it again. Fucking still hurts.

By the time Kenny sold Sir Les and Ginola I was hardened and some would say, dead inside.

• Haha 3

Stuart Pearce and John Barnes didn't too badly in a god awful season all things considered.. However a 60 year old Ian Rush was not a suitable replacement for a prime Sir Les. Also, playing Jon Dahl Tommason up top when he wasn't a striker was a terrible idea.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

He’d be mad to go to Man U. That entire squad needs a Munich air crash to be properly overhauled given their ridiculous spending in recent years.

Superga post. 

I’ll see myself out 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Not just the selling but the dross which replaced those players is what really hurts.

I remember vividly being amazed at the spending spree mcfaul was being allowed to go on following the gascoigne sale.

didn't take long to come back down to earth mind with a 4-0 humping away gemmill's 2nd team on the first day of the season. rarely got much better.  :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

I remember vividly being amazed at the spending spree mcfaul was being allowed to go on following the gascoigne sale.

didn't take long to come back down to earth mind with a 4-0 humping away gemmill's 2nd team on the first day of the season. rarely got much better.  :(

Didn't Tony Cottee get a hat-trick that day? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

That 4-0 humping was my first away game. :lol: 

NUFC: "Welcome to our away games, young'un. Have fun."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

That 4-0 humping was my first away game. :lol: 

NUFC: "Welcome to our away games, young'un. Have fun."

You should have been at work you fucking lazy cunt

• Haha 2

Nottingham and Wolves are fucked with Brentford not far behind.

I'd even say Liverpool are a bit knackered - Salah is there only natural right winger, and their best goal threat and they are losing their only holding midfielder. No doubt poor penniless Klopp will find £200m stashed away to buy suitable short-term replacements whilst banging his fists on the table at the audacity of the mighty, oil rich toon bringing in a couple of loan players.

• Like 2

:lol:

One of the fans on the fans advisory board is from New York, first heard of us a couple of years ago after the takeover and has been to Arsenal, PSG, Chelsea and Leeds. Two of those away from home?! 

Here, just fuck off, man. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Jaysus... 2

Some of their decisions stink. I am surprised they didn’t appoint the bloke from Saudi Arabia though. Maybe he still hasn’t been found in Brighton.

• Haha 3