2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I really want to see us completely take the piss if he's gonna leave. Make them pay through the nose and stick him on a year of garden leave. 

It's what they tried to do to us with Lingard, and what they would absolutely do if the shoe was on the other foot in this situation. 

We know that this lot are working with other clubs to stunt our progress, so we should play the hardest game of hardball possible in return. 

Agree 100% but we seem to be soft as shite when other clubs come calling for our personnel. Particularly if the person in question wants the move. Dubravka to Man U for a start, with Howe trotting out the "great servant to NUFC... unfair to the player if we prevented it" spiel.

• Like 2

Fucking journos man! Take this shocking paragraph by this Alex Turk cunt from the Express,

The former FA director of elite development is also said to be irritated by the relentless whispers about him possibly leaving Newcastle for United.

Is it just me, or does that really, REALLY piss anyone else off? 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Meh. Good riddance if he prefers the mercenary approach instead of the the chance of creating a legacy.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any hard feelings if he left. Whether we like it or not, they are a massive global brand, and it would be career progression for him. 

I'd just like to see us really make Man United pay for the inconvenience. 

• Like 5

£50m compo, a year of gardening leave and Ashworth has to have a bomb strapped to his chest that's triggered to go off the next time Ten Slag buys a piece of shit from the Dutch league (so about two weeks into the job).

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

BTW’d YP. 

Aye, after Mrs. Wyki making him do this for two hours. No wonder the fucker needs surgery.

Pec Flexing GIFs | Tenor

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 9

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: beyond a joke now. I'd make him wear a bra when he gets back into the team. 

Because of course. A real shame for him as he's a good striker and cool as a cucumber in front of goal but there's a reason he signed for Ashley's NUFC and it's because he can't put in a near full season's service. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Because of course. A real shame for him as he's a good striker and cool as a cucumber in front of goal but there's a reason he signed for Ashley's NUFC and it's because he can't put in a near full season's service. 

I wonder if Howe is regretting not letting him go to Athletico Madrid in January now. We could have used that money, and Wilson will have played about 90 minutes of footy between the 1st Feb and the end of the season now.

9 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I wonder if Howe is regretting not letting him go to Athletico Madrid in January now. We could have used that money, and Wilson will have played about 90 minutes of footy between the 1st Feb and the end of the season now.

Atletico deal was for a loan and around the 20th of Jan, not much time to find a replacement.

Hopefully as third choice striker next season he wont be required for more than the 10-15 games he can manage. Otherwise sell him in the summer if a promoted club is willing to fork out 15M odd. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Aye, after Mrs. Wyki making him do this for two hours. No wonder the fucker needs surgery.

Pec Flexing GIFs | Tenor

He probably had to hide in your wardrobe in a unnatural position.

Shame on you.

Wilson is done, sell him to fuck for whatever you can get. Is he a great finisher and seemingly a decent guy, sure, but the but always comes with his fitness and at his age, and after a particularly terrible season for him, it's not getting any better. And apart from all that, Isak not having someone reliable to share the load up front is affecting his own relatively delicate fitness. On a side note this is obviously potentially really going to affect our push for the FA Cup and Europe. My pants are getting at least a little damp at the thought of trying to finish out the season with Isak as our only striker who even has a chance of staying fit for a run of games. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1