2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

"The problem for all the FFP rule sets is they're trying to make one size fits all, but there are so many different interests in the Premier League," Borson told talkSPORT. "You have the American-led teams with the private equity mindset*; you have City and Newcastle possibly looking with a slightly different view of things...

"Teams are going to be saying, 'Hang on a minute. We're not changing the rules just as Chelsea are in trouble. We want to make sure that the rules still apply to the extent people still get punished for the previous rules.'"

Behind the scenes, this is where our Saudi influence needs to come into play. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, and essentially Spurs all come into that American-led clubs, clubs that we need to surpasse. This summer the Saudi League simply can't be giving these clubs a get-out-of-jail-free card when it comes to transfer fees. Koulibaly, Mendy, Kante, Fabinho, Henderson etc. Fuck em and let them burn - stop buying from these clubs - nobody in will be queing to take Casimero/Varane at full cost.

That lass who got banned from the stadium for being a transphobic bellend is now on the grift, and crying foul on GB News and Daily Fail. They are all sure to mention that she is a lesbian, as if that would somehow absolve her of:

1) Bullying trans people online - including but not limited to cutting up a trans flag with a pair of shears.

2) Comparing trans people to the nazis

3) Comparing herself to hitler (make point 2 + 3 make sense)

There was more, but effectively now they are starting a conspiracy that points to a team of spies in the PL trawling the web for thundercunts spewing hate speech to ban. This is rather than the likely scenario where the club, after receiving a complaint from a fan had someone in the office with a bit of time, found a plethora of anti-trans shite on her page and have rightly banned her for being a piece of shit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

That lass who got banned from the stadium for being a transphobic bellend is now on the grift, and crying foul on GB News and Daily Fail. They are all sure to mention that she is a lesbian, as if that would somehow absolve her of:

1) Bullying trans people online - including but not limited to cutting up a trans flag with a pair of shears.

2) Comparing trans people to the nazis

3) Comparing herself to hitler (make point 2 + 3 make sense)

There was more, but effectively now they are starting a conspiracy that points to a team of spies in the PL trawling the web for thundercunts spewing hate speech to ban. This is rather than the likely scenario where the club, after receiving a complaint from a fan had someone in the office with a bit of time, found a plethora of anti-trans shite on her page and have rightly banned her for being a piece of shit.

Think the PL did produce a dossier onher, and this was passed onto the police and then the club. This included information such as when and where she walked her dog? Think I read that anyway. 

Tbh I don't know the ins and outs of what she said and avoid transgender politics with a barge pole, partly because it has no impact on my life, and partly because it seems to bring out the worst in people - as in this case with her nazi/hitler/flag burning shit. But unless she was doing this at the match or was in some other way connecting herself to the club in her social media, I feel quite uneasy about her getting banned for her views, which have been deemed not criminal.  I've written a fair bit on here that could see the shady cabal knocking at my door I reckon. :unsure:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Think the PL did produce a dossier onher, and this was passed onto the police and then the club. This included information such as when and where she walked her dog? Think I read that anyway. 

Tbh I don't know the ins and outs of what she said and avoid transgender politics with a barge pole, partly because it has no impact on my life, and partly because it seems to bring out the worst in people - as in this case with her nazi/hitler/flag burning shit. But unless she was doing this at the match or was in some other way connecting herself to the club in her social media, I feel quite uneasy about her getting banned for her views, which have been deemed not criminal.  I've written a fair bit on here that could see the shady cabal knocking at my door I reckon. :unsure:

I don't think any of that stuff has been corroborated really, it's just her saying it at this point and the right wing arm of the press running with it. I think the thing with her was she was on a public social media account with her name, and in between tagging NUFC into stuff footy related, and using NUFC in her handle on twatter she was blasting transphobic rhetoric. She effectively linked herself to the club in doing so, and it's made it back to them who had to act IMO. It would be the same if it was someone with NUFC in their name spouting racist or homophobic shite. In the ground at the time of the offence or not I don't want to be sat shoulder to shoulder with a hateful cunt.

I don't get involved in it either if truth be told, because it's not something I have much experience with or knowledge of but the club has done the right thing IMO. She'd be the first one crying victim to the club if someone was attacking her on socials over her sexuality. She'd be right to do so, and I would support them banning the cunt doing that too.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

time to start taking the proverbial with stadium naming rights and training ground sponsors 

And also start challenging it legally. In any other industry companies that can invest and grow are encouraged and supported to do so, but not football for some reason. It's fucking mental. Basically, the premier league are fucking the HMRC over by saying this club that could generate fucking huge profits over the long term, thereby paying a fucking tonne in corp tax, can't grow - it makes zero sense. Surely, it would benefit the league to have 7 of the richest, biggest, and potentially successful clubs in the world playing in the league rather than 6 (one of which is Spurs who win fuck all) - None of this makes sense to me.

• Like 1

It's only being discussed at the minute though, and would need 14 clubs to agree to allow Man City to continue to be runaway champions of everything for ever more, assuming those headlines are even correct. 

Bear in mind, it's the Chronicle. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

And also start challenging it legally.

Completely agree. The NUFC coach needs to pull up outside the PL offices and drop off our L team. L for lawyer.

man-city-lawyers.gif.bf7d005cce62ced3120f66789d01b7b6.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lee-Ryder-pic.thumb.jpg.b912a04ac1548e7b74703d8f227b53a2.jpg

"What the fuck are trying to say here, like, Rarfie? If my name's on it y'kin take it to Barclays, Lloyds, TSB and any other fucking bank. Tread carefully, son, tread very fucking carefully ahm telling you here, mind."

• Haha 10

No fucking way so they trust Ryder with the FFP articles. :lol:

They let Ciaran Kelly write those while Ryder sits in the corner eating pasties and shouting "NERD! have you finished your numbers article yet, NERRRRRD?!" and giving it big pastry teeth grins. 

• Haha 10

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's only being discussed at the minute though, and would need 14 clubs to agree to allow Man City to continue to be runaway champions of everything for ever more, assuming those headlines are even correct. 

I think 16 clubs to be honest, because Chelsea will want the rules relaxed to suit their crazy spending (which would effectively mean having to remove the rules), and Man Utd have just took on a mega rich new partial owner who will want to build them back up, which requires a shit tonne of money - considering the dross they've spunked fortunes on in recent years.

Out of the big 6 I can only think of Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal that will want to fully shut up shop as it's them that are the most at threat IMO. 

Man City are already huge, but will need to invest to stay at the top of the pile and they tend to abstain from these votes as it's cutting their nose off to spite their face.

I can see this being the thing that breaks the stranglehold the big clubs have on the league, as now they aren't as aligned as they once were. Even a tweak to bring the rules in line with UEFA could well see Chelsea go bust if they don't start getting regular CL again.

• Like 4

Just now, Gemmill said:

They let Ciaran Kelly write those while Ryder sits in the corner eating pasties and shouting "NERD! have you finished your numbers article yet, NERRRRRD?!" and giving it big pastry teeth grins. 

"Shut the fuck up, Lee. How many pasties you ate today you fat, baldy cunt?"

"Why don't yee tell me, numbers boy!"

"You can't count, can you Lee?"

"I can't, no"

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Completely agree. The NUFC coach needs to pull up outside the PL offices and drop off our L team. L for lawyer.

man-city-lawyers.gif.bf7d005cce62ced3120f66789d01b7b6.gif

Get Ashley's barrister down there to tell the PL lawyers what he's making for tea and bore them into letting us do what we want just like he did with the takeover. If you need some muscle send the lad from the supporters consortium down with him to menacingly adjust the corners of his tin foil hat and stare at the receptionist through the windows, as he licks them.

• Haha 3

Most clubs outside of us Villa and maybe West Ham  will vote for the changes as described . The middling ones need the mooted increased FFP allowance to build up for a challenge for Europe as opposed to us/Villa etc who will challenge the bullshit six  for Europe right now (in reality that’s them just attempting to remain mid table) The perennially struggling will vote the same so I think there’s a decent chance the changes will go through so fuck all will change. 

Tbh, if it comes down to challenging it in court I might be out at that point. The whole thing is now just a tiresome parcel of fuckin sheep spew :cuppa:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That seamed a little on the nose. Is someone bullying you at work Gemmill? This is a safe place, you can talk to us.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

They let Ciaran Kelly write those while Ryder sits in the corner eating pasties and shouting "Have you done the NUFC figures yet, young'un? While you were crunching them numbers ah got Alan Oliver's little black book of NUFC contacts out and was on the bell to the man who once had the gallowgate oooh-ing and Aarr-ing and Franzie Carr-ing! Lol! Ah got a great retro piece from Franz Carr about THAT season when we went on an eleven game winning run and he got cockney pretend hardman Dicks sent off when we beat West Ham 2-0 at the Gallowgate. Ah say 'hardman' but he was called 'julian' so ah'll let you work out how hard he actually was?" and giving it big pastry teeth grins. 

KR'dYP 

:good:

• Haha 6

100%

This seems to highlight why Howe wanted to get Pope and move Dubruv out the squad. Dubruv has largely performed well in terms of stopping shots but his style doesn't suit Howe's tactics.

I'm interested to see what happens in the next few windows because given the FFP restrictions spending money on a backup GK that's similar to Pope is probably well down the list of priorities. And you'd have to imagine that Karius is also not the solution as Howe sees it.

The only solution is to play Tino in goal. Yeah, sure, Burn is tall but he's too slow to sweep up throughballs. Need Tino's pace. When will Howe realise?!

• Haha 10

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

100%

This seems to highlight why Howe wanted to get Pope and move Dubruv out the squad. Dubruv has largely performed well in terms of stopping shots but his style doesn't suit Howe's tactics.

I'm interested to see what happens in the next few windows because given the FFP restrictions spending money on a backup GK that's similar to Pope is probably well down the list of priorities. And you'd have to imagine that Karius is also not the solution as Howe sees it.

The only solution is to play Tino in goal. Yeah, sure, Burn is tall but he's too slow to sweep up throughballs. Need Tino's pace. When will Howe realise?!

"Burn is getting beaten too often at his near post. It's because he only has 9 fingers so can only make fingertip saves 4 out of 5 times on that hand. This is on Howe. I'm not overreacting and think Howe needs time, but also Howe out NOW!"

• Haha 6