2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

From what I’ve seen this season of the massive fuckin unit that is Tosin Adarabioyo is that he’s a decently physical but still raw round the edges defender. If he’s being groomed as Schar’s long term replacement his passing range may need some training ground help. Or we get some other cunt  to cut devastatingly accurate diagonals from right to left and come up with a handy 4-5 goals a season . That might have to be a midfielder though. On a free though he’s a very good addition :good: 

I’m not sure he’ll be a long term replacement. He’ll add some competition to places. Botman and Lascelles aren’t going to be back until ~Jan so we are threadbare at the minute.

Kelly would be handy to add for the same reason to LCB/LB. Both are free which would open up cash to be spent on Mbappe.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’m not sure he’ll be a long term replacement. He’ll add some competition to places. Botman and Lascelles aren’t going to be back until ~Jan so we are threadbare at the minute.

Kelly would be handy to add for the same reason to LCB/LB. Both are free which would open up cash to be spent on Mbappe.

IF ONLY

meg ryan yas GIF

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

From what I’ve seen this season of the massive fuckin unit that is Tosin Adarabioyo is that he’s a decently physical but still raw round the edges defender. If he’s being groomed as Schar’s long term replacement his passing range may need some training ground help. Or we get some other cunt  to cut devastatingly accurate diagonals from right to left and come up with a handy 4-5 goals a season . That might have to be a midfielder though. On a free though he’s a very good addition :good: 

My Twitter feed is now full of compilations of him pinging 40 yard diagonals 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 2

My main concern with Kelly is he’s seemed to struggle with injury’s the last 2 seasons, so out of the two I’d lean more towards signing Tosin. 

4 hours ago, Howay said:

My main concern with Kelly is he’s seemed to struggle with injury’s the last 2 seasons, so out of the two I’d lean more towards signing Tosin. 

I think we’ll be in for both. 

22 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

He's got a great range of passing to be honest. Good at passing through the lines. Big fucker too. 

And if we're getting him for no fee, that's tickety boo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's got a great range of passing to be honest. Good at passing through the lines. Big fucker too. 

Yeah I don’t doubt it. I’ve seen him 3 times this season and his passing didn’t stand out tbh. His physicality and speed did though. Came through at Man City I think so hopefully a late-ish developer up to the level required 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Is he quick because that's currently lacking? 

1 hour ago, RobinRobin said:

Is he quick because that's currently lacking? 

He's not got the fastest acceleration, but decent when he gets going. Hopefully Pope stays fit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

"decent when he gets going" sounds like me on the dancefloor. 

Sounds like me in bed tbh..

Nah, your right, it doesn’t

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Gemmill said:

"decent when he gets going" sounds like me on the dancefloor. 

Napoleon Dynamite Dance GIF

• Haha 4

Job done if he doesn't start there til after the summer window imo.

They can have the little rat after that. 

• Like 2

Is that even right them covering his costs? But yeh, the gardening loving cunt can fuck off after the summer 

• Like 4

I don't know very well how the 5th, 6th and 7th places in the Premier League work this season, in terms of going to Europe. But I think we are looking forward to playing in Europe next year because the top 7 teams in the League will do so.

In principle, the 5th goes to the Europa League

The FA Cup champion also goes to the Europa League. This will come from Manchester City or Manchester United. If Man United finishes in the top 5, 5th and 6th would go to the Europa League.

As the League Cup is going to be won by a team that is going to go to UCL, there is another vacant spot (6th or 7th) that will go to the Conference League Playoff.

As of today, we are sixth, but our calendar is the most favorable and the team is in sensational momentum. We have to play with Brighton (nothing is played), Man United (crucial match) and Brendfort (nothing is played).

Man United has to play against Arsenal (they play in the League) and Everton. But they have the Cup final in their sights.

Tottenham plays against Liverpool, Burnley (they are playing for relegation) and Man City (they are playing for the League) and Sheffield (already relegated)

Chelsea have some options too, and they play West Ham, Forest (they are in danger of relegation), Brighton and Bournemouth.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Good for us. He's been their best CB for weeks now. 

Maybe good for England too if it fucks his chances of going to the euros  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3