2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

4 hours ago, Craig said:

Why? Is it something to be ashamed of, even in this day and age?! 

Sadly a huge side effect of the anti-pyschotic drugs I was prescribed. I'd rather be alive and need medication than the alternative.

mate, it's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and has happened to everyone at one point or another. don't believe anyone who says otherwise. 

• Like 4

I didn't really think it was because you were ordering that type of gear or I wouldn't have made the Pele quip but it's absolutely fuck all to worry about to be honest, at least it's in use!! :good:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

mate, it's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of and has happened to everyone at one point or another. don't believe anyone who says otherwise. 

This place has changed man... 😉

• Haha 4

So the club has released the cup ticket info. As an ST holder, I'm far from fucking impressed like. Basically to be guaranteed a game, you've got to buy packages for ALL games in a competition. And they're not cheap. A standard adult ticket for the CL is £55. So for me and Mrs Rents to see a CL game, we need to fork out another £330, which frankly I can't afford for 3 games, which I will struggle to get childcare for anyway given the kick off times. Reminds me of what Man United did yonks ago. Also it's still not clear how easily transferable league matches are now they're being delivered by app, I don't think I can give them to friends or family any more unless they are on a limited nominated list. Feels like the price squeeze is under way now. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

There again… :lol:

If they charged the same for league matches it would make the cheapest ST over a grand though. Even for L7 or behind a goal. I don't see anything wrong with commenting the price point is too high but much worse the requirement for buying all of them is a piss take imo. If we don't sell out, this will be why. 

Edited by Renton

I hope the club aren't labouring under the misapprehension that mugs like me will file along in some fucking shit fanzone as a consolation prize whilst paying for the privilege? When you don't even get the sniff of a ticket for an 8,000 allocation for a poxy friendly the odds don't look great. I'm truly the second prize of NUFC, like. (But I didn't put the hard yards in according to the hard of thinking on twitter). I'm officially retired from NUFC games when you see shit like this. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I hope the club aren't labouring under the misapprehension that mugs like me will file along in some fucking shit fanzone as a consolation prize whilst paying for the privilege? When you don't even get the sniff of a ticket for an 8,000 allocation for a poxy friendly the odds don't look great. I'm truly the second prize of NUFC, like. (But I didn't put the hard yards in according to the hard of thinking on twitter). I'm officially retired from NUFC games when you see shit like this. 

I reckon this is it, they think the members will just pay the £165 and general sale the rest, including a lot of ST holders, and sell out. Truth is though there are some less than stellar teams in the first group stage of the tournament so I'm not sure they will sell out and that could have a knock on effect on atmosphere. As far as income to help out with FFP restrictions, will this make the slightest difference? I doubt it. They need to fleece corporate instead.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

So the club has released the cup ticket info. As an ST holder, I'm far from fucking impressed like. Basically to be guaranteed a game, you've got to buy packages for ALL games in a competition. And they're not cheap. A standard adult ticket for the CL is £55. So for me and Mrs Rents to see a CL game, we need to fork out another £330, which frankly I can't afford for 3 games, which I will struggle to get childcare for anyway given the kick off times. Reminds me of what Man United did yonks ago. Also it's still not clear how easily transferable league matches are now they're being delivered by app, I don't think I can give them to friends or family any more unless they are on a limited nominated list. Feels like the price squeeze is under way now. 

£55 doesn’t seem excessive to me and I’d say it’s probably average or below average for English clubs. It’s the three match package that’s the kicker.

But nowadays we’re being run as a club that needs to maximise revenue so expect more of these sorts of schemes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

There again… :lol:

Young Twitter 'toon' fan: "I'm talking shite."

Also, young twitter 'toon' fan: "yep, I'm still spouting rhubarb."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

The ticket allocations don't even mention non-members :lol: Sounds like you pay £40 to get chucked in a hat next season, or do without 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The ticket allocations don't even mention non-members :lol: Sounds like you pay £40 to get chucked in a hat next season, or do without 

It doesn't mention members at all. I might become a YouTuber and get in through that ticket. 

38 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It doesn't mention members at all. I might become a YouTuber and get in through that ticket. 

They’re even whinging that they “can’t get to every game” I didn’t think that was a requirement? I think we’re going to see people who have latched on during Ashley because he was giving tickets away getting a bit of a shock since these prices are pretty much standard for other teams. Not excusing it but it’s the sad reality now that football is packaged as a “luxury product” and you show up and get entertained in a unique atmosphere. As much as I’d love the club to keep ticket prices low, we have to remember that this lot are still capitalists and they need to see infinite growth, fuck everything else. 

• Like 2

I vividly remember being at the Feyenoord home game in 02/03 and there being a lot of empty seats because it was considered expensive at the time. I don’t expect it this season but as the novelty wears off, you’re looking at City-type crowds for random home games against Young Boys. It’s sadly inevitable 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

252B7F04-5C00-4594-9EA7-559D9C24FE01.thumb.jpeg.b0f750f3800171d2b89a931bc6628270.jpeg

They haven't mentioned what's happening regarding the membership? ST renewals are mentioned but there's nothing regarding the membership? Will there be any more STs released? (I'd doubt it), if there was what would be the new criteria for even being allowed to have a chance of getting lucky in the random queue? I couldn't buy a three CL game package as the chances are I'd miss the lot through work. As AH says, it's the way of successful clubs. We found this out in the 90s and history is repeating itself.

A premier league piece about us, canny enough etc but why is obligatory to have the usual suspects piping up in it? Taylor Payne, who has now giving up searching for Phillipe Albert it seems, (whom he never saw), plus Wykiki's lass is on telling us about Newcastle, the people and how we want to see hard graft because we are industrial workers or something? What the fuck would these know about industrial work? :lol: I'd pay good money to attend a NUFC history class hosted by the usual talking heads, I'd be front row taking it all in......

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I wonder how many takes it took for her to do her bits. 

'that was great Charlotte, but can we try it once again without saying errrrrmmm and like so many times?' 

Ask her and the rest about anything to do with NUFC pre-the nearly title year and the errrrms would be through the roof. 

• Like 3

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat