Other Games 22/23

1 hour ago, Alex said:

There are some embarrassing clowns on Twitter like 

Am collecting them :D 

fairly sure this one is a bit of an old skool legend round these parts…perfect response though 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

There are some embarrassing clowns on Twitter like 

Just seen a tweet about Bruno saying that Pep told him he played "bueno" and that the two of them have a good relationship and have spoken previously. 

First reply is that Howe needs to do the same with Bruno as he's done with Fraser. :lol:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

He does look more likely to score. There again he got 95 minutes v Bournemouth and didn’t . Am not sure where people will go with all this if we don’t beat Wolves and he doesn’t have a shot on goal. Some have gone early though….

Cunts like this are the worst. The last sentence sums them up, all about them being "right" so they can get followers who'll indulge them in the inane patter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBass said:

My only frustration is that in the last few games Isak has shown more in his first 5-10 minutes as sub than Wilson has in his entire time on the pitch yet Howe still refuses to start Wilson on the bench and give Isak a crack. He scored two goals at Anfield on his debut, cost £63mil and yet is being kept out by a guy whose form is clearly off. 

Perhaps Joelintons suspension this week will see a Wilson / Isak pairing but 3 league goals this year simply isn't good enough and something needs to change. Can't keep crossing your fingers hoping Wilson suddenly clicks into gear.

i think wilson either has to play alongside isak or not at all on current form 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

What, and so then we should be as good as Man City? Is Matt Targett our end-point left back? Or Dan Burn our end-point centre half?

These are FFP constrained stop gaps. And we're 6th in the league. 

The turnaround is incredible. Pointing at Howe at this point in time and saying "you've done well but why aren't you doing better?" is breathtakingly stupid. 

We're overachieving. At the start of the season people would have been happy with top 8 and sticking around a bit in the cups. 

We're 6th and had a day out at Wembley and the response is" why aren't we 4th and why didn't we win the cup?"

Howe isn't failing, he's now an unfortunate victim of his own success. 

I was a simply clarifying your point that Howe "took a set of players about to be relegated..."

I don't think we should be challenging City yet, nor do I have any issues with Howe (outside of his refusal to drop Wilson) ;) 

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Sky have got to be on the windup here :lol: 

That would be a fair sample. I noticed when I used to go to a lot of away matches, ManU had a huge southern following but Liverpool had a really high ratio of furrins, expecially Scandinavians. Tbf there is a aconnection there with it being a port city. We'd do well to tap into some of those rich Norwegians ourselves. 

I don’t mind the foreign Liverpool fans (or not as much anyway) but the southern Man U and Liverpool ones can get to fuck 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t mind the foreign Liverpool fans (or not as much anyway) but the southern Man U and Liverpool ones can get to fuck 

Yeah, I can understand and Irish, or maybe even Scandinavian people choosing a Premier League side and, sure, if you want it easier go for one of the teams that wins all the time. Why not?

But a kid from Surrey can choose any one of the London cunts, go be a fucking Chelsea fan or something.

• Like 1