Other Games 22/23

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm not even worried about this nor happening. It's more certain than us getting top 4.

On that, I absolutely agree with you :thumbup:

honestly, you don't have time to take a sip of coffee after bashing out a few argumentative posts on a friday morning before the toontastic typo police are on your arse. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Meenzer said:

But what was our pre-season target?

Don't you fucking start :lol:

Considering we were trying to sign Baggio, we were absolutely going for it.

18 hours ago, Craig said:

I think Man City will win the league and I expect Arsenal to maintain 2nd place.

3rd and 4th are up for grabs realistically between us, Spurs, Chelsea, Man United & Liverpool. Therefore we need those four to land flat on their arse at each and every opportunity - even against the 2 teams above us.

And 3 of them still need to come to SJP. 

Agg Pts = current points total. 

Max Pts = if the team were to win all their remaining games, what would they end up with

PpG Proj = if the team were to maintain their PpG, what would they end up with

Req'd title race PpG= the Points per game needed to get to 92pts (average points total of the Champions from the past 10 seasons)

PpG v ^^ = The difference between current and req'd PpG to be in the title race.

Req'd CL race PpG = same as above but 72pts, average points required for 4th in the last 10yrs

PpG v ^^ = The difference between current and req'd PpG to be in the race for 4th.

You'd have to say that, realistically it's only Arsenal and Man City in the title race itself. The uptick required for the rest of us is an additional point per game, essentially we'd have to win every remaining game. 

Nobody is fully out of the CL picture, but I think it's fair to say that Aston Villa and below are out of the reckoning (+Brentford).  Which leaves Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd and Fulham and Brighton. I separate those because I don't think they've the squad to maintain any kind of challenge to the top 4 spots. 

• Like 1

Good work Dave. I expect Spurs to continue to falter. Liverpool are the biggest concern cos they are definitely under performing and, you would assume at some point they might return to a more normal level of performance. Conversely, we probably don't have much of another gear, barring going daft in January. 

Man United looked dead and buried earlier in the season and have completely turned it round (the cunts). 

how do we define going daft in january?

let's say we sign a ball playing "number 6" - someone who combines longstaff's engine and shelvey's passing range. 

then we hoy £80m on maddison and we get some cover at full back, spending about - i dunno - maybe £120m in total?

is that so insane when you look at the dollar liverpool and chelsea have been throwing around? 

the argument against is it means we would have less money to spend in the summer because of FFP if we finish outside of the european places.

but it could be a gamble that pays off if dropping a load of cash now ends up securing us champions league a good season or two ahead of schedule.

then you get to announce the big money "fair value" sponsorship deals with aramco et al this summer and stick two fingers up at your tottenhams, your liverpools, your chelseas of this world as we establish the newcastles of this world as a top 4 club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Good work Dave. I expect Spurs to continue to falter. Liverpool are the biggest concern cos they are definitely under performing and, you would assume at some point they might return to a more normal level of performance. Conversely, we probably don't have much of another gear, barring going daft in January. 

Man United looked dead and buried earlier in the season and have completely turned it round (the cunts). 

Liverpool have been poor at the back (14th for xGA) and they've just lost Van Dijk for a spell, right? They're scoring more and conceding fewer than you'd expect given the chances they're making and giving up. Their biggest issue for the past few seasons has surely been mobility and energy in the middle of the park, yet they've just spunked £40m on Gakpo, another wide forward. Like the £40m they spent on Jota, the £45m they spent on Diaz and the £80m they spent on Nunez. 

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

honestly, you don't have time to take a sip of coffee after bashing out a few argumentative posts on a friday morning before the toontastic typo police are on your arse. 

Start using fucking upper case then. You're not BD. 👿 

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

on that note 

image.thumb.png.b177011742b0a9e3b4f3f201a13ede64.png

He's already achieved that for me. Even if we don't reach the heights I'm sure we will, we'll talk about this era with the same recall as we do with that of Keegan and Robson. Howe just 'gets it'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Really good presser this morning and back to the usual 30 minutes.

That said, I gasp every week at some of the absolute useless questions he gets asked.

'What are the benefits of Brexit?'

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, ewerk said:

It's difficult to overstate just how much of a boost it would be to us financially. Not just the TV and prize money but it would allow us to justify some huge commercial deals from the Saudis. This is a couple of years old but look at the gap in commercial revenue between us and even a small club like Spurs. Qualifying for the CL could be worth over £100m a year to us over a four year period if new deals were suddenly struck in the summer.

E9dDNM9WUAM0Sbs?format=jpg&name=small

my favourite post for a while. simply because you casually described spurs as a small club 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Liverpool have been poor at the back (14th for xGA) and they've just lost Van Dijk for a spell, right? They're scoring more and conceding fewer than you'd expect given the chances they're making and giving up. Their biggest issue for the past few seasons has surely been mobility and energy in the middle of the park, yet they've just spunked £40m on Gakpo, another wide forward. Like the £40m they spent on Jota, the £45m they spent on Diaz and the £80m they spent on Nunez. 

i think they're still spending the Coutinho money, so don't expect it to stop anytime soon.

• Haha 6

18 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

How many jurnos and pundits will mentioned city's time wasting tonight? 

I'm guessing fuck all

I'm obviously extremely biased but i didn't notice any time wasting. But to be fair, if we were i wouldn't much care (be honest or say nowt).

The amount of time wasting the teams we play normally do it probably "balances out over a season".

I put that in quotes because it's traditional to say that when something goes your way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

I'm obviously extremely biased but i didn't notice any time wasting. But to be fair, if we were i wouldn't much care (be honest or say nowt).

The amount of time wasting the teams we play normally do it probably "balances out over a season".

I put that in quotes because it's traditional to say that when something goes your way.

It was to the latter end of the match and city were just playing it out. But there was some. Again like us v arsenal but the way people went on it was mental. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

It was to the latter end of the match and city were just playing it out. But there was some. Again like us v arsenal but the way people went on it was mental. 

ah i see.

i think if the press like you its called "game management"

the press mostly seems heavily pro lfc/mufc from what i can tell. it's gonna take time to change that mentality.

• Like 3