Arteta's long suffering jellied eels v Eddie's Stottie fuelled northern raiders (- Gemmill + Trips, massive net gain tbh)

Toonpack

My BOL who is a Forest fan 'loves Arteta's passion' and cannot understand why I think he was a cunt last night.  He also seems to keep banging on about us and FFP.

Arteta has done a great job at Arsenal. A slow start but you could see what he wanted to do early.  Just took a bit of time to stamp his authority and get rid of the deadwood etc.  But the behaviour of him last night isn't what you should be seeing.  Pep gets animated, but he doesn't run around like that.  Klopp acts a cunt and Arteta was like a Klopp Jnr last night.  Come on Arteta, you're better than that.

As for the FFP.  Forest have spunked a load, don't have a title shirt sponsor and are in the relegation zone.  How's that going to work if they get relegated?  Are they relying on the parachute payments?  Is it that much?

Slowly certain pundits mention what a great job we have done.  But when we upset one of the big boys the revert back to lazyness and talk about how weve supposedly spent big etc as if no other club in the league has money to spend.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

How little attention has Botman gotten from the media btw? If VVD had been putting in these performances they'd be wanking themselves silly. Young defender with zero Premier league experience comes in and makes everything look so easy. He's an absolute gem. 

spot on. 

I’ve been equally impressed with Schar tbh. Had no idea he was this good. Another Howe miracle job 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My BOL who is a Forest fan 'loves Arteta's passion' and cannot understand why I think he was a cunt last night.  He also seems to keep banging on about us and FFP.

Arteta has done a great job at Arsenal. A slow start but you could see what he wanted to do early.  Just took a bit of time to stamp his authority and get rid of the deadwood etc.  But the behaviour of him last night isn't what you should be seeing.  Pep gets animated, but he doesn't run around like that.  Klopp acts a cunt and Arteta was like a Klopp Jnr last night.  Come on Arteta, you're better than that.

As for the FFP.  Forest have spunked a load, don't have a title shirt sponsor and are in the relegation zone.  How's that going to work if they get relegated?  Are they relying on the parachute payments?  Is it that much?

Slowly certain pundits mention what a great job we have done.  But when we upset one of the big boys the revert back to lazyness and talk about how weve supposedly spent big etc as if no other club in the league has money to spend.

What’s a BOL?

56 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My BOL who is a Forest fan

27 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

What’s a BOL?

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Big ol' lover.

26 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Or ... brother-in-law?

Can Wyki buy another vowel please?

Andy Richter GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’ve played 6 of the top 7 sides away from home now and have lost only once. That is remarkable 

Bullshit, we didn't lose. We were fucking robbed!

• Like 1

I'm very impressed with what Arteta has done in short amount of time with Arsenal, he has made them a very cohesive and energetic unit, much like ourselves. He let himself down last night with his chicken like running about the touchline, as if it was some kind of self entitled victory. Eddie by contrast continued not to flap while we completely shithoused the final 10 minutes, and didn't get drawn into it.

I saw yesterday that within the calendar year, he has surpassed Keegan and SBR for points per game. Unbelievable results and shows his management ability among the top managers, none of us would have even imagined this 12 months ago when we were looking for consistency in a relegation scrap. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Like 3

Regarding Bruno and CT's pissing knickers.

v Leicester he was great

v Leeds, they saw the threat and stopped him.  He did look frustrated but the weather, the way Leeds played its understanding.
v Arsenal. He did a lot of work further back, keeping Odegaard quiet especially.

We want him further forward as he is more creative than Longstaff in the final third.  That's why we need a Batty like player. A true DM thats going to sit back and do the dirty work.  Then Bruno can be more forward.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm very impressed with what Arteta has done in short amount of time with Arsenal, he has made them a very cohesive and energetic unit, much like ourselves. He let himself down last night with his chicken like running about the touchline, as if it was some kind of self entitled victory. Eddie by contrast continued not to flap while we completely shithoused the final 10 minutes, and didn't get drawn into it.

I saw yesterday that within the calendar year, he has surpassed Keegan and SBR for points per game. Unbelievable results and shows his management ability among the top managers, none of us would have even imagined this 12 months ago when we were looking for consistency in a relegation scrap. 

Trying to look at it objectively I saw it as his frustrations boiling over when he realised his gameplan against us was all wrong and he was flapping about how to break us down. He said as much in his interview as well - "Newcastle haven't played like that all season...."

To be honest, he should be taking it as a compliment. Arsenal ARE a fucking good side and, although we are too, we definitely did have to change our approach to contain them. 

The nonsense on Twitter from the knobhead Gooners is hilarious - what seriously did they expect? Us to go there, be one dimensional and play our standard game and most likely have our arses served to us? How on earth would that be demonstrative of good coaching? 

• Like 5

The performance of our defence is fucking incredible btw. 11 goals conceded and 5 of those were against Man City & Liverpool. 

Trippier & Botman have been outstanding acquisitions but Pope too. At £10m he's an absolute steal! And to think a load of melts on Twitter were up in arms that Howe dared to replace Dubravka with him.

• Like 4

we did try to play our normal game - howe said as much. i don't think he set us up to park the bus, as some gooners are suggesting, but sometimes when you're playing a quality opponent away from home you have to adapt to the game situation, which we did brilliantly. there isn't a better defence in the league. i liked that howe was disappointed in his interview that we weren't able to influence the game as much as usual in an attacking sense. it wasn't through a lack of trying though.

arsenal forced us to defend for large periods of the game, and we after the opening 10 minutes or so, when we were under pressure, we pretty much nullified them other than once chance which pope saved well.

it was just a shame we weren't able to do better when we had our moments going forwards - partially a result of them all being knackered from all the hard work they had to do off the ball. a half-fit wilson up front didn't help either as he ran out of gas pretty much at the start of the second half. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

The performance of our defence is fucking incredible btw. 11 goals conceded and 5 of those were against Man City & Liverpool. 

Trippier & Botman have been outstanding acquisitions but Pope too. At £10m he's an absolute steal! And to think a load of melts on Twitter were up in arms that Howe dared to replace Dubravka with him.

and schar. he was superb again last night too. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chaser said:

He let himself down last night with his chicken like running about the touchline, as if it was some kind of self entitled victory. Eddie by contrast continued not to flap while we completely shithoused the final 10 minutes, and didn't get drawn into it.

Howe doesn't have to, he just lets Mad Dog off the leash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Craig said:

The nonsense on Twitter from the knobhead Gooners is hilarious - what seriously did they expect? Us to go there, be one dimensional and play our standard game and most likely have our arses served to us? How on earth would that be demonstrative of good coaching? 

It's a bit like Klopp being outraged when 'lesser' sides turn up at Anfield and have the temerity to dig in and defend deep rather than roll over and let Liverpool tickle their tummy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I have to admit that I thought of Pope being a decent but not great signing with other keepers available. But he has proven to be absolutely fantastic so far.

totally. i wasn't sure he would be guaranteed to start over dubravka but he's a massive upgrade 

• Like 1

Just had a quick look on one Arsenal forum and whilst 99% of the comments are anti NUFC spouting the normal shite you would expect from opposing fans one stood out

"

That was one of the most flawless defensive performances from a visiting side that I can remember. The discipline and work rate to keep their shape was seriously impressive.

They were the third top scorers in the league yet they came to our ground and showed us massive respect by completely tailoring their game plan to not lose.

Very disappointing result but we’ve come such a long way. A point against Newcastle given their form and trajectory isn’t a disaster"

• Like 8